BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I will tell you what Matty. Until you come up with appropriate evidence to rebut what you claim then I cant bring myself to accept your pov.

pitch - standard repair? you are completely wrong.

Income - its limited and the owner investment is there for all to see.

manager recruitment - just what else can the club do to appease you and others? Where is your evidence to support the claim it isnt organised? is it because Rovers are taking their time ? Where is your evidence to suggest that we are looking at a cheap option/wasting time and effort on a decent manager interviews/and that everything else is chaotic in the word of Ewood managerial appointment wise?

Brockhall - its well documented and is a nogoer so why are you hanging onto this? Claims that Mowbray/venus and co were out to make a killing are just utter shite, it didn't happen and they didn't get the money that so many were thinking was happening - again it is utter shite in the world of conspiracies and there is not one piece of credible evidence to support it.

If you seriously think that I lap up every word spoken out of Ewood again, you are seriously misguided. But hey, if that's your opinion you are very welcome to it. I am actually sated by the fact BRFCS.com has so many football experts who cant be wrong!

#pleaseputmeonignore

Let's use the pitch as a way of validating these so called improvements.

What are they specifically doing differently this time around that has not been done in previous years?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Brockhall - its well documented and is a nogoer so why are you hanging onto this? Claims that Mowbray/venus and co were out to make a killing are just utter shite, it didn't happen and they didn't get the money that so many were thinking was happening - again it is utter shite in the world of conspiracies and there is not one piece of credible evidence to support it.

Who was pushing the sale then?

Waggots pitch (if you'll pardon the pun) was a load of bullshit.

Comparing the new plans to Everton's training ground was embarrassing.

We would have lost pitches and been 1/3 the size of Everton's training ground, we would have seen devastating cuts to our academy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I will tell you what Matty. Until you come up with appropriate evidence to rebut what you claim then I cant bring myself to accept your pov.

pitch - standard repair? you are completely wrong.

Income - its limited and the owner investment is there for all to see.

manager recruitment - just what else can the club do to appease you and others? Where is your evidence to support the claim it isnt organised? is it because Rovers are taking their time ? Where is your evidence to suggest that we are looking at a cheap option/wasting time and effort on a decent manager interviews/and that everything else is chaotic in the word of Ewood managerial appointment wise?

If you seriously think that I lap up every word spoken out of Ewood again, you are seriously misguided. But hey, if that's your opinion you are very welcome to it. I am actually sated by the fact BRFCS.com has so many football experts who cant be wrong!

#pleaseputmeonignore

Miller gave you the rebuttal yesterday (I 100% agree with it, so I’m not going to repeat it again, you ignored it unsurprisingly.

However I will on Brockhall, ’the club’ wanted it bulldozed just a year ago, that shows that it is still not being run in the best interests of BRFC if such an idea can even be proposed, a vicious local resident and fan backlash making them withdraw their plans does not change that their intentions for the future can and should be questioned.

On the manager they’ve known for months that no contract would be forthcoming for Mowbray, yet eight weeks to KO, no manager. That’s not a functional process in my view.

FYI I don’t #putonignore because I’m not a teenager who can’t debate and throws his toys out the pram when he’s disagreed with.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Manager recruitment - just what else can the club do to appease you and others? Where is your evidence to support the claim it isnt organised? is it because Rovers are taking their time ? Where is your evidence to suggest that we are looking at a cheap option/wasting time and effort on a decent manager interviews/and that everything else is chaotic in the word of Ewood managerial appointment wise?

This. While the club 100% has previous for this, and admittedly could still balls it up now, there is no evidence in the public domain to suggest it is going badly, they're hiring someone on the cheap, promoting from within etc just yet.

I dare say if we appointed someone super quickly there’d be some saying we rushed it…

Let’s save the outrage till something is confirmed eh? Oh and the Hasselbaink/Adkins jokes grew old a long time ago 

10 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Huge promotion bonus maybe the only option. If he’s confident that he can deliver then maybe he would take a chance on a £2m promotion bonus or something like that. It would be a drop in the ocean if we went up.

Promotion bonus? I don't see any evidence that Venkys want us promoted

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

The evidence that the managerial search isn’t organised is Venky’s tenure so far and the fact he’s been gone nearly a month and we haven’t appointed anyone yet?

• Like 4

Posters need to keep in mind its essential the club bring someone in who can get this club promoted to Premiership. I believe that pool of managers, available to us, is extremely small and the vast majority of candidates I'm reading about on here don't fit that bill.

The only person that fits the bill in my opinion is Sean Dyche - We can't afford him and I doubt he'd come here.

Farke and Carvalhal maybe?

Tough call.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Fact is we have terrible season ticket sales and sales in general. It's much lower than the Big Sam years. It's lower than the Bowyer years

Even lower than the COYLE (!) season. Lowest in 30+ years for the absolute key commercial metric of any football club.

Still, why bother with actual evidence ay,  when you can just swallow some corporate waffle about ‘progress’, ‘big improvements’ from a here today, gone tomorrow carpet bagger like Steve bloody Waggott.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Posters need to keep in mind its essential the club bring someone in who can get this club promoted to Premiership. I believe that pool of managers, available to us, is extremely small and the vast majority of candidates I'm reading about on here don't fit that bill.

The only person that fits the bill in my opinion is Sean Dyche - We can't afford him and I doubt he'd come here.

Tough call.

Isn't Dyche in the Sam Allardyce mold though?

Hypothetically speaking would you have peak Allardyce back?

I agree that Dyche would be the best chance of promotion btw.

5 minutes ago, toogs said:

I would without question. Peak Allardyce was a winner.

8 minutes ago, toogs said:

Its well documented I wasn't Allardyces number 1 fan 😃

But if the object is to get back into the Premiership, then peak Allardyce and Dyche would fit the bill toogs, in fact todays Allardyce would do over the likes of Ferguson, Grayson and Adkins.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Farke and Carvalhal maybe?

Tough call.

I don't think it's that small necessarily - it's just that we're dealing with uncertainty. Wagner, Dyche, Farke, none of these had particularly high stock before taking over their clubs, but then they showed their quality. 

Not saying that I would advocate bringing in Ferguson either by the way! But sometimes managers just need the opportunity. There are always good options out there for a club with the right imagination. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Good football is winning football.

Give me a stoic, well drilled side that grinds out 1-0 wins over nice football that results in nowt. Football is a competitive sport.

Agree to disagree.

Watching games as a neutral has become more and more difficult for me. The amount of blatant time wasting and diving that goes on - obviously both contribute to that side winning - just makes me turn off.

It's all about money and winning now - it should be about entertainment.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Good football is winning football.

Give me a stoic, well drilled side that grinds out 1-0 wins over nice football that results in nowt. Football is a competitive sport.

its entirely subjective, but i cant be doing with watching us park the bus, resort to shithousery and direct footy to grind out a 1-0 week in week out to become just another yo yo team.

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

its entirely subjective, but i cant be doing with watching us park the bus, resort to shithousery and direct footy to grind out a 1-0 week in week out to become just another yo yo team.

The time to worry about style is when we're a stable premier league side again.

We need to get there first, which is why Dyche is the best option irrespective of the style he plays.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree.

Watching games as a neutral has become more and more difficult for me. The amount of blatant time wasting and diving that goes on - obviously both contribute to that side winning - just makes me turn off.

It's all about money and winning now - it should be about entertainment.

Completely agree. I used to be bored to tears watching us under Allardyce. There were games when we wouldn't look like scoring unless it was from a long throw, corner or free-kick. By all means, use the likes of Samba to add a few scrappy goals a season from set pieces, but don't become totally reliant on them.

Was I glad we got rid of Allardyce? Yes.

Was I glad we replaced him with Kean? Obviously not.

Having said that - I'd take Dyche in our current situation.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I find the highlighted statement incredible. There's plenty of evidence of the shambles at Ewood. 

Dealing in facts: 

Fact is we have terrible season ticket sales and sales in general. It's much lower than the Big Sam years. It's lower than the Bowyer years. Goodness it's not tapped in to a fraction of the 30k who came to see us celebrate promotion. Then there's the advertising boards, so many were blank last time I went to Ewood. Just two fact based pieces of evidence that demonstrate we aren't pulling up any trees in this area. 

The ground - unless you walk around with your head in the clouds you can't help but see the disrepair. Maybe I'm imagining the rust and weeds. 

Managerial search = we've known TM's contract is up for months and months now. Even if waiting to see wat league we ended up in we could have done a bit of contingency planning/preparation. Blimey I run a small charity, and we are always contingency planning and planning for various scenarios to try not being caught on the hop. So the lengthy delay is indicative that we haven't planned this very well at all. Especially given this was expected. 

The biggie for me that there's bugger all improvements is our non response to results on the pitch. Crap run after crap run, and TM goes on regardless. That doesn't seem like progress to me. In fact it suggests they don't care at all. 

Others have argued it far better but to say there is no evidence is living in an alternate reality. 

QPR not yet appointed anyone, similar timeframe as Rovers, dingles sacked Dyche, quite a long time ago, still not appointed but looks like Kompany on his way.

If we’d jumped in and got someone in a week they’d be saying too quick, think it’s on course for appointment beginning next week.

• Like 1