BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

So Waggot decides and THEN Venkies vet him friggin scary.  Doomed to fail.  Somebody mentioned mediocrity, well that would be a plus as I fear rank incompetence is coming again 

• Like 1

There are 3 Bundesliga clubs looking for a new manager - Borussia Mönchengladbach, Augsburg and Schalke. If we're waiting for Farke, I can see him waiting for those openings to close first by which time it will be time to return to pre-season training... 😕

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, shambolic and I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. 

I think the right hand simply ignores what the left hand is doing.

Even though he may be conducting interviews, Waggott has no real clout with Venky's. Suhail won't contribute anything substantial and just reports to Venky's what they want to hear.

Venky's talk to agents and other advisors and make their own decisions based on their own agenda.

Intentionally dysfunctional.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

There are 3 Bundesliga clubs looking for a new manager - Borussia Mönchengladbach, Augsburg and Schalke. If we're waiting for Farke, I can see him waiting for those openings to close first by which time it will be time to return to pre-season training... 😕

Supposedly he is having talks with Borussia Monchengladbach 

Players returned for pre season training and fitness check on the 13th of June. 

Question is who is going to be doing the fitness and medical checks when we got no fitness coaches in the senior coaching staff setup and no head of medical services and 1 senior physio in the senior staff set up. Are we going to using academy staff to be doing these like like the academy head of sport science and medicine Russ Wrigley

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

I have no earthly clue how people who dismiss our own former players as managers think it would be somehow much more acceptable or adequate if we get Duncan Ferguson, who has a grand total of 0 managerial experience. The idea that being an assistant to quality managers for a few years somehow means you will have managerial talent yourself may make some sense on paper, but that is absolutely not how it works in real life. It would be a complete blind flip of the coin if he will turn out to be a decent manager or not. 

We appointed one of those in 99. It didn't go well.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Supposedly he is having talks with Borussia Monchengladbach 

Players returned for pre season training and fitness check on the 13th of June. 

Question is who is going to be doing the fitness and medical checks when we got no fitness coaches in the senior coaching staff setup and no head of medical services and 1 senior physio in the senior staff set up. Are we going to using academy staff to be doing these like like the academy head of sport science and medicine Russ Wrigley

Probably Baz the bin man. He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing but he's a lot cheaper than someone who does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

@glen9mullan only passess on what he knows. To be fair he doesn't dangle cryptic tit bits trying to hook a load of whoppers. If its not Farke it doesnt mean he was wrong, more probable that Waggot and the Vs ballsed up. People on this bored are far too keen to have a go at people who's info passed on in good faith doesn't end up happening.

Weeks ago I posted about Woodgate, I haven't heard anything to either persuade or dissuade me from this info. I hope it's wrong  but the two separate people who told me are very much well informed.

Let's stop the finger pointing please.

There's no finger pointing from me!! 

I'm absolutely certain any info @glen9mullan shares is shared with the best of intentions and comes from reputable sources.

I'm just curious (as we all are) if there's more to this weeks shenanigans than we are led to believe in the media and like everyone else on here I'm trying to understand who exactly is pull the strings behind the scenes at this moment in time! 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Igor Stimac is India's national manager. Contract expiring sept 2022....could well be him 😉

I still think Farke is the main one working on.

Im still holding out hope that that's tbe case! 

Yep I'm sure Farke would love a job in the bundesliga(or prem) and I wouldn't begrudge him one bit for holding out for a job there whilst there's a few available..... 

But considering how poor Farkes record was in the Premier league would he really be the 1st(2nd,3rd..) choice for a decent bundesliga club (or any prem club)  looking for a new manager/head coach? 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

I don't think Nixon knows too much to honest. If he does know names from these lists, why can't he name one? Yes he knows about Carvalhal and Farke, but so does everybody else.

I think he just enjoys the attention from all the Roversfans craving for news.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I don't think Nixon knows too much to honest. If he does know names from these lists, why can't he name one? Yes he knows about Carvalhal and Farke, but so does everybody else.

I think he just enjoys the attention from all the Roversfans craving for news.

Nixon has been clueless since Coyle walked out the door. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gerrard as 2 assistant head coaches working with in with them being Gary McAllister and Now Neil Critchley then they have Tom Culshaw has technical coach, Neil Cutler as GK coach, Austin Macphee as Set pieces coach then Aaron Danks as first team coach there.

Training Ground Guru | Aston Villa staff profiles

Wow, that makes it even more ridiculous that he left the manager's job for that.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wow, that makes it even more ridiculous that he left the manager's job for that.

All depends on the reasons he left. maybe he doesn't want to be number 1 anymore and wants to go back to being a coach again or maybe he is unhappy the budget there for the coming season

I don't think we should be dismissing Farke just yet. All we've heard is about alleged 'advance talks' with BM. We've heard the same about Kompany with that lot up the road and he's still not their manager. Until its signed and sealed there's a bit of hope. Schalke newly promoted and like Ausburg will be around the bottom of the league so both tough jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

Farke already been ruled out of the Schalke job. 

He’s reportedly in talks with BM - but has been for a week, and still nothing - maybe their expectations don’t match his own?

Not seen anything linking him to Augsburg but I guess we wait and see on that one. 

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

It was more of a, why would be interviewing Woodgate? He has championship experience but as a failure.

But did better at Bournemouth with better players. 

Could he do good with our squad and improve on last season? that the real and proper question? probably not

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But did better at Bournemouth with better players. 

Could he do good with our squad and improve on last season? that the real and proper question? probably not

So why bother interviewing him? You've said it yourself, he won't improve on last season.

All that the numerous candidates being interviewed tells me is - they haven’t got a clue. When we had a board that had their fingers on the pulse of the British football scene they identified the chosen candidate and then went out and got him. I would imagine then that the directors would have had a potential candidate or candidates in mind even when things were going well with the current manager. You never know when Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Birmingham or Everton will come calling.

• Like 4