BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

As already stated, i think Ainsworth deserves his chance at a higher level. Also think that he would bring some passion, drive and self belief for the fanbase back to the club.

Being a fan and from the area is nice but means little to me to be honest as it’s a results that matter business.

Do i like his style of play, definitely a NO! from me. But it’s horses for courses, and who’s to say he wouldn’t change it if he was come here?

Not my first choice either but i would welcome and back him was he to come

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I hope we see some real movement on this next week. I'm all for process and being thorough but we really need a manager in place soon, they need to get started to give us the best chance of a successful season.

Also, if after all this time and process, they appoint a complete dud, it's going to be incredibly disheartening. 

I mean, it's going to be a dud isn't it 

51 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think a managed like Farke would give us a real chance of promotion. Especially if working in tandem with a decent DoF. 

Certainly a better chance than Ainsworth in my opinion, he would be an ambitious appointment ben. 

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I mean, it's going to be a dud isn't it 

All signs seem to be pointing that way, yeah.

So many conflicting reports flying around. Last time Glen posted he was under the impression Monday was the day. 

Sharpe thinks we are doing another round of interviews with the final 3. 

Others think there is no 3.

🤷‍♂️ Who knows what's going on but it needs concluding soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Given Venkys previous I honestly think Ainsworth is an ambitious appointment. I would put Woodgate, Adkins & Cocu much more in their wheelhouse..

Sad but true and each of them are terrible, none would inspire the fans or players at all and i doubt any would even last 3-6 months, it would become like the managerial merry go round of shite we had in years following Keans(💩) departure. 

• Like 3

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sad but true and each of them are terrible, none would inspire the fans or players at all and i doubt any would even last 3-6 months, it would become like the managerial merry go round of shite we had in years following Keans(💩) departure. 

Given how much they ignored Mowbrays appalling runs of form I'd be concerned that if any of those three made the effort to go to India then they'd be left in place to take us down to League One. 

• Like 1

Whoever the manager is, i think it will give us all an indication of what the players think by whether Lenihan & Nyambe stays or goes?

Offset what its going to cost to replace these two,might as well pay for a better manager don't you think?

Or is that to easy?

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think Ainsworth has shown himself capable of galvanising a club and winning promotions with small budgets. The fact that he loves the club is a bonus…

Based on standard rhetoric, Mowbray was the right choice in terms of a history of getting promotion into the PL. It didn’t work.

We nearly went up against all the odds last season. There’s no magic formula, especially when you don’t have the budget to blow the league away. 

And if you won't recruit a good one and back him and you've gone down the average but once won promotion route several times.  Surely logic dictates you go for an affordable one with recent good form at the level hes been at. 

One with ambition and drive who has potential to make use of the better facilities and quality he'll have to work with.

That has to come before punting on untried coaches etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pomster said:

Whoever the manager is, i think it will give us all an indication of what the players think by whether Lenihan & Nyambe stays or goes?

I think Lenihan and Nyambe will be more influenced by what offers they get !

19 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Given Venkys previous I honestly think Ainsworth is an ambitious appointment. I would put Woodgate, Adkins & Cocu much more in their wheelhouse..

Yes the Cocu link has gone worryingly quiet and i don't see him on the verge of a job anywhere.

• Like 2

Lets hope this is sort by this week with the appointment of the Head coach and some new staff members aswell

Looks like Farke won't be coming here. So I am expecting Jonathon Woodgate with Robbie Keane to be appoint head coach and assistant head coach here. 

But can we expect a surprise appointment by Waggott and Rovers. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 02/06/2022 at 20:15, roverandout said:
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets hope this is sort by this week with the appointment of the Head coach and some new staff members aswell

im starting to think there wont be an appointment until the end of june when mowbarys contract ends  because they dont want to be paying 2 managers at the same time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

im starting to think there wont be an appointment until the end of june when mowbarys contract ends  because they dont want to be paying 2 managers at the same time

Players are back Monday the 13th of June. We have no senior fitness coaches or head of physio/sport science/medicine at the club now  

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

BBC sport gossip says Blackburn Rovers are considering appointing Duncan Ferguson and his assistant. I would be happy with this choice, he's got the fighting spirit and will to win.

If the new manager is being forced to work with Benson and Lowe we are definitely not going to get anyone decent. The compensation for them would be way less than the money we’ll lose with Darragh and Ryan leaving. A good manager would have been able to keep them. We are not showing the players any ambition with the way we are going about this. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

If the new manager is being forced to work with Benson and Lowe we are definitely not going to get anyone decent. The compensation for them would be way less than the money we’ll lose with Darragh and Ryan leaving. A good manager would have been able to keep them. We are not showing the players any ambition with the way we are going about this. 

That’s because the owners have no ambition. They never have had.

• Like 9