BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would change when he or indeed any manager was interviewed following a loss, whoever the manager is it would start to grate.

I dont get the fixation. You couldnt enjoy watching Rovers specifically because of post match soundbites you have read having seeked them out, rather than the defeat itself? 

I couldn't listen to a Mowbray interview after promotion. He just moaned and talked down the club - it made him very difficult to back.

You say it's only a minor thing, but I think it's reflected in the players and how they play. A manager that takes pride in his club and how he carries himself shows on the pitch. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Never heard Warne of the bloke until now. 

That's not a judgement though! 

But nothing about him impresses or even intrigues me. 

No bloody thanks and its pretty sad that so many now seem willing to accept names like him,  YOU MIGHT WONDER IF THAT IS/WAS THE WHOLE REASON FOR THIS DRAWN OUT BS PROCESS TO BEGIN WITH. (sorry for shouting!) 

I'll wait until I hear more information about him being appointed before I do a deep dive, but he's just got Rotherham promoted again hasn't he?

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I couldn't listen to a Mowbray interview after promotion. He just moaned and talked down the club - it made him very difficult to back.

You say it's only a minor thing, but I think it's reflected in the players and how they play. A manager that takes pride in his club and how he carries himself shows on the pitch. 

I never ever got the impression from under Mowbray that the players did anything but try their best and give their all for him. He regularly did also talk up the history of the club.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rover23 said:
51 minutes ago, J*B said:

I knew nothing about him 48 hours ago but after reading and listening to Warne and looking at some articles on him, I’d be happy. 

Any links in particular?

This is the first result when I looked...

Turned off after 15 seconds obviously. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is a difference between merely having Championship experience and having done good jobs or having a good record at that level.

The focus of the new manager should be purely to win football matches.

The next head coach should be focusing on getting us promotion and keep bringing through our young players and developing them. 

I mention Xisco Munoz who won promotion as Watford head coach. Christiansen would be decent option for us imo. 

We have to see who we appoint hopefully this week as our next head coach  

• Like 1

Lets be realistic. It's more likely that we were trying our luck with managers who were out of our league in Farke and Carvalhal. We possibly offered them the job and they said they'd let us know. It would be silly for us to say we offered the job, because if they didn't take it, it would be public knowledge we were on choice 3.

Farke got an offer from a top flight German team and Carlos was offered Arab money, both obvious reasons as to why they didn't choose our club.

We're a mid table Championship club, our market is at best managers with a mixed record and a promotion to the prem on their resume, or up and coming managers.

We should have appointed a mamager by now, but those of you expecting that we should have had a manager 3 weeks ago and it should have been one of the top flight managers mentioned need to be a little more realistic.

Look at who clubs around our level are appointing / have appointed. Rooney, Kompany, Beale etc. 

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll wait until I hear more information about him being appointed before I do a deep dive, but he's just got Rotherham promoted again hasn't he?

With the 8th best budget in League One - apparently. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

give him a chance before you start berating him,the only way we are going to get a souness type appointment ever again is if the indians **** off,id`e gladly take administration if it meant getting rid off them,but until then give our new manager a chance

I'll give him a chance.  Anything is better than Mowbray but we should be aiming higher.  Mowbray got rovers out of league 1 at the first attempt albeit on a better budget but getting out of league 1 and getting out of the championship is 2 very different things. Just disappointing to end up with a budget manager when people were talking about the likes of farke

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'll give him a chance.  Anything is better than Mowbray but we should be aiming higher.  Mowbray got rovers out of league 1 at the first attempt albeit on a better budget but getting out of league 1 and getting out of the championship is 2 very different things. Just disappointing to end up with a budget manager when people were talking about the likes of farke

It's disappointing, but it's pretty clear we were a backup plan for Farke. He got the offer he wanted.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, booth said:

Haha, they are taking another gamble on the cheap. Who would have thought it?

If it is Warne I wish him all the best and he'll get my support. It could have been much worse with some of the dross out of work and Venkys form of employing from the managerial scrapheap. At least he's had some success in a lower league.

But ffs, we were interviewing Farke and Carvalhal a couple of weeks ago.

As anybody got actual proof Farke and Carvalhal , were interviewed at anytime ??

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

As anybody got actual proof Farke and Carvalhal , were interviewed at anytime ??

Nope. i even asked the LT guy and he didn't take kindly to it.

just names tossed about, nothing more or less imo and nobody has offered anything to say otherwise.

• Like 4

It's pretty obvious venkys don't want promotion or they'd have been off their asses straight away looking for someone of pedigree to put the Mowbray misery behind us. Their only interest is cheap and cheerful. Someone they can control.  Keeping Rovers ticking along with a few big sales now and again is their only agenda. I'm not completely deflated over the warne rumour but it's clear they don't want someone who will rock the boat 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never ever got the impression from under Mowbray that the players did anything but try their best and give their all for him. He regularly did also talk up the history of the club.

The only teams I heard him talk up were our opponents,  and that was irrespective of who they were. I stopped listening to him eventually.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean they literally revolted in the Derby game - he's a terrible man manager.

When did he talk up the club? All I can recall is him referring to shite like Boro as massive clubs and how we can't possible compete with anyone that's on parachute payments. Oh and reminding the fans it's not 1995. He was, and is, an arrogant prick. 

Literally as in it was alledged because people had become understandably fed up after our bad run and couldnt even credit him for changes made to win.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The next head coach should be focusing on getting us promotion and keep bringing through our young players and developing them. 

I mention Xisco Munoz who won promotion as Watford head coach. Christiansen would be decent option for us imo. 

We have to see who we appoint hopefully this week as our next head coach  

You have said "this week" for about 3 weeks running so lets hope you are right this time.

47 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'll give him a chance.  Anything is better than Mowbray

It really isnt. Mowbray is middle of the road, can do better but not based on a "anything but Mowbray" mentality.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nope. i even asked the LT guy and he didn't take kindly to it.

just names tossed about, nothing more or less imo and nobody has offered anything to say otherwise.

Smoke, mirrors, bullshit and lies. The club, Waggott upwards, are top class on those arts.

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only teams I heard him talk up were our opponents,  and that was irrespective of who they were. I stopped listening to him eventually.

'we are where we are'', 'its not 1995', the list of downgrading comments he farted is endless

• Like 5

Clearly selling as many season tickets and finishing as high as possible isn't on the list of priorities. That was made absolutely clear in January. As a player I'd have been totally deflated by the lack of ambition shown when we were 2nd and even more so when I return for pre-season to find Lowe, Benson and second rate manager that I have to google, waiting to greet me. The summer will be a well paid holiday camp for the boys that couldn't get a move elsewhere - it's already heading that way.

Decent owners, a strategy and a fair budget would get a yes from most to manage Blackburn Rovers.

VENKY'S AND WAGGOT OUT!!

• Like 8