BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

33 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I've thought all along that Venky's won't actually want to appoint anyone until Mowbray's contract is up or very near the end - why pay two managers? 

I don't even believe the Deila approach is serious - we know they don't want to pay compensation so why go into a big battle to prise someone away from another club knowing they will be after as much compensation as possible if we succeed. It will justify the 'we did all we could' narrative I guess.

Mowbray is at the end of his contract his final salary will be on pay day along with his loyalty bonus, it matters not a jot about paying two potential wages, it is all budgeted for in the last financial year.

How can you not believe the link to Deila? Its over many news links, are you suggesting they are all wrong? Where is your evidence to say Rovers would not entertain compensation payments should they go for a manager in employment or are you relying on blind speculation?

• Like 1

Reports going around this morning that Pardew has applied for the managerial role at Lech Poznan in Poland. This would suggest that Pardew to Rovers won't be happening. He had applied for the Rovers job. It looks like he is trying to get back in wherever he can.

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Mowbray is at the end of his contract his final salary will be on pay day along with his loyalty bonus, it matters not a jot about paying two potential wages, it is all budgeted for in the last financial year.

How can you not believe the link to Deila? Its over many news links, are you suggesting they are all wrong? Where is your evidence to say Rovers would not entertain compensation payments should they go for a manager in employment or are you relying on blind speculation?

I would suggest that considering they have only done it once in 11 years and have employed 8 managers in that time, that it's a pretty reasonable suggestion.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It most certainly has earlier in this thread! The suggestion was clear, the owners had identified and were happy with a proposed manager HOWEVER SW didnt agree and overruled them!

In any case its about opinions and f yours is different to mine then that is fine by me. I think my views are not wishy washy they are very clear

Who was that then?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It most certainly has earlier in this thread! The suggestion was clear, the owners had identified and were happy with a proposed manager HOWEVER SW didnt agree and overruled them!

In any case its about opinions and f yours is different to mine then that is fine by me. I think my views are not wishy washy they are very clear

If he’d overruled the owners he wouldn’t be here, that’s not how they work. They tolerate no dissent or not obeying what they say 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I think there will be a breakthrough today 

Wouldn't surprised me. I think Broughton will make this decision on who to appoint now for head coach role now he has been appointed

57 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Deila going to Liege by the looks then, so who on earth are we getting?

Yes it does. disappointed by that. 

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Ben Benson and Ryan Hedges, and an absolute cancer of a team.

Bit harsh on Hedges, he was coming good at the end of the season. 

Wide forward/manager - Gregg Broughton really is mixing things up with the creation of this new role. 

Imagine having over 6 weeks of knowing we won't have a manager and fucking about.

Carvalhal offered the job but we wouldn't get rid of Lowe and Benson.

I imagine the above is same for Farke.

We will panic rush the managerial appointment due to Waggott not being able to sell the dream

Expecting a shit appointment.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So they budgeted to pay 2 managers at the same time - Sorry I don't believe that for a minute.

I said I don't believe the approach for Deila is a serious one, I didn't say it hadn't happened - they may have enquired but I don't think they will follow it up for the reasons I mentioned - mainly compensation which they will avoid if they possibly can - history suggests this so it is not blind speculation.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imagine having over 6 weeks of knowing we won't have a manager and fucking about.

Carvalhal offered the job but we wouldn't get rid of Lowe and Benson.

I imagine the above is same for Farke.

We will panic rush the managerial appointment due to Waggott not being able to sell the dream

Expecting a shit appointment.

Yeah, fearing the same. 

Time is running out, unforgiveable really considering we knew Mowbray was off before last season ended.

Carvalhal - Gone elsewhere

Farke - Gone elsewhere

Delia - Going elsewhere (apparently)

I can see a Woodgate/Ferguson panic appointment.

7 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Bit harsh on Hedges, he was coming good at the end of the season. 

Wide forward/manager - Gregg Broughton really is mixing things up with the creation of this new role. 

I think you may have missed his play on the words 'Benson' and 'Hedges'.........

Edit - CrouchingNunHiddenCucumber beat me to it

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah, fearing the same. 

Time is running out, unforgiveable really considering we knew Mowbray was off before last season ended.

Carvalhal - Gone elsewhere

Farke - Gone elsewhere

Delia - Going elsewhere (apparently)

I can see a Woodgate/Ferguson panic appointment.

I don’t think Broughton would go for a panicked appointment like that. If we do it’ll be clear he has no power/say and he’ll be off before the World Cup starts. 

What I can see is Broughton coming in to a shambles of managerial recruitment and beginning his own, shorter process which may still go on for a week or two. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rooney if they go local …..

JDT if they go abroad …..

either way they running out of options …

If asked 12 months ago would have been against Rooney but the way he handled the situation at Derby has changed my mind 

We should go for him, his name alone will give us an edge when trying to recruit younger players.

Would like Rosenior to come with him but apparently in talks with Blackpool

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:
8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Both class.

TAKE THEM

are they though? both have done nothing of note in their lengthy careers as managers 🙄

proper barrel scraping there

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Opinion or heard they are now options?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1