BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think that's a bit unfair. He wasn't allowed to sign players except the likes of Davies and Jagielka who were unattached as well as bringing some youngsters through and managed to get them playing some decent stuff. And all the other things off the field he had to deal with impressed me.

Me too. I thought he’d crash and burn there and he proved me wrong.

• Like 3

Given some of the utter sh*te and has-beens rumoured, Rooney would surely be in the preferable pot. Leader, commands respect, pull of a name to get players in, decent job at Derby in tough circumstances.

The agent/HSH fear is growing in me as I said yesterday, so I can get behind rumours like this. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Other than how well he handled the whole situation at Derby - his team ended up being Academy kids and some well-past-it free transfers - I think the ‘name’ factor shouldn’t be underestimated.

Players will want to sign for Rooney. Can the same be said for the likes of Warne and Ainsworth?

Shearer never hid the fact that a big factor in him signing for us is Kenny being manager - getting to play under his hero.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I'd take Rooney. One of the biggest names in world football and I'm sure his stature in the game would attract some players alone.

Liam Rosenior who was his right hand man at Derby seems very clued up. They were a side that tried to play good football and they absolutely tore us a new one during the 'Bradley-Johnson-False-9' debacle. Only when we had that crazy 10 minute spell did we expose their soft underbelly.

That side were clearly very well coached and their movement was good. I'd welcome him and it would most definitely spur me on to renew my ST.

We absolutely presented them that first half they couldn't believe their luck being about to pass it out from the back so easily.

Second half we just switched to something a bit more sensible and they'd no answer.

I'm really not getting this sudden love in for Rooney on here but if push came to shove he's more experience than Ferguson.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Given some of the utter sh*te and has-beens rumoured, Rooney would surely be in the preferable pot. Leader, commands respect, pull of a name to get players in, decent job at Derby in tough circumstances.

The agent/HSH fear is growing in me as I said yesterday, so I can get behind rumours like this. 

Also admitted that he needs a minder.

No thanks.

• Like 1

Jury's still out on Rooney, it's a big gamble. He did well with Derby last season, but without any pressure due to the points deduction. Played decent football and had great team spirit too. If he does well for us he'll be snapped up for a big compo sooner rather than later, and Waggott probably realises that as well.

JDT has a bit more experience, and experience as assistant manager as well, but is quite green too. What has he been up to since quitting Malmö?

• Like 1

The main benefit to Rooney in my eyes is we’d likely get a load of good loanees - which is what this division is built on (see Lampard with Mount, Tomori, Wilson).

Have a feeling that’s what we will live or die on this season…especially given we will potentially only have 1 ‘experienced’ CB.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Rooney has a financial stake in Derby. If so then he's presumably motivated to stay where he is and get them promoted.

I think he was paid by the sponsor or something 32Red. Something dodgy like that anyway. So might be a case of having to stay with the contract. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We absolutely presented them that first half they couldn't believe their luck being about to pass it out from the back so easily.

Second half we just switched to something a bit more sensible and they'd no answer.

I'm really not getting this sudden love in for Rooney on here but if push came to shove he's more experience than Ferguson.

I think we are agreeing with each other on the game at Ewood

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not seen odds so low for any candidate.  When they get so low........

Eddie Howe was 1/10 for the Celtic job and didn’t end up there… It’s not over yet but I can sense the excitement of you winning a few quid even if it means Rovers make a shocking appointment, which Big Dunc would be.

EDIT: Just been on Bet Victor and JDT is actually the favourite at 2/1. Unlucky Merce! 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/international_fodbold/jon-dahl-taet-paa-nyt-job-favorit-i-blackburn/9292939

He has been waiting a long time for his new job gradually, but now there is a pull for news for Jon Dahl Tomasson.

According to Ekstra Bladet's information, the former national team striker is in the running to become the new manager of Blackburn Rovers, which tempts a life in the second best English series, The Championship.

Jon Dahl Tomasson is one of the favorites to become manager of Blackburn, who said goodbye to Tony Mowbray a month ago.

The dialogue between the tradition club and Tomasson has intensified in recent days, and although nothing has yet necessarily been signed or finalized, a three-year contract is being discussed.

Also read: Suddenly, the world's most powerful agent stood there

It does, however, require that it ends up being Jon Dahl Tomasson who gets the job.

He has previously been involved in the latest on exciting coaching jobs, but has been beaten at the finish line.

This time, the 45-year-old Dane is fighting for the contract with Norwegian Kjetil Knutsen and Ronny Deila, if one is to believe the writings of recent days in English,

Jon Dahl Tomasson can, if he gets the job, look forward to an exciting squad that is considered very talented. Blackburn Rovers finished last season just outside the playoffs with an eighth-place finish.

However, there is no doubt that the ambitions are for more in the club, which for many years belonged in the Premier League.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I've seen the LT state the terms "pre-season testing" and "pre-season training", which I believe are both to be next week. Does anybody actually know the dates of both?

Imagine the motivation levels of players if we're going straight into training on Monday with no Head Coach. If we appoint a Head Coach before the training starts, then fair enough, but for us to have nobody in situ from the start is ridiculous. We cannot blame time for this one.

A normal club would look to hold the process and those responsible to account, but the owners are probably partially to blame as much as those at Ewood for the utter slowness, so no heads will roll would be my guess.

Our owners might be wadded, but they are absolutely incompetent at running this football club twelve years on. Depressing and demoralising.

Believe pre season testing starts next week (fitness tests, bodyfat %, plyometrics etc) with actual training the week after.

Edited by Mellor Rover

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Imagine the motivation levels of players if we're going straight into training on Monday with no Head Coach. If we appoint a Head Coach before the training starts, then fair enough, but for us to have nobody in situ from the start is ridiculous. We cannot blame time for this one.

You could imagine they just get on with it, of course no one's going to be happy about going back to work after their holidays but they all get pad handsomely well to do what they enjoy, hardly think the lack of a head coach is playing on their mind that much so much it impacts them mentally or ensures they down tools, i'm sure they'll be glad to see each other and have a bit of banter about it whilst focusing on getting their fitness back,

I could be wrong, but I do think there's some overthinking with this,

• Like 2

Seems to be a very Scandinavian theme to the latest links, surely only a matter of time before someone sticks a fiver on Solskjaer  and makes him favourite on Sky Bet 😬

It doesn't feel like an end is in sight, at all.

• Like 4