BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

Back to the game, I knew we were goosed even before Stoke scored. Pickering sent a ball miles ahead of anyone, Travis passed straight to an opponent and Gallagher trundled one out of play - not a word of admonishment from any of their teammates. Mediocrity isn’t only tolerated in that team, it’s expected.

• Like 4

It was similar v Blackpool i counted 4 different players either running it out, falling over the ball or losing it and just standing there in the first ten mins.

The theme was truly set and the only time iv'e seen normally competent players looking like they are pissed is when they probably are ( Grant Hanley ) from the night before OR they are doing it on purpose.

Now just why would they do that for 3 or 4 games on the trot ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm sure its not past you by that the initial claims have now been drastically watered down and Revidige isn't the only one, 1864 now realises he's had the wool pulled over his eyes too.

It doesn't take much to read between the lines, history is repeating itself, the lessons are again right in front of us and this doesn't get any better until the owners are gone, everything else is a side show.

Give me administration right now and relegation, anything to get rid of these bastards in Pune.

To be fair, and without wishing to put words in his mouth, my impression is 1864 seems quite happy with what he's been told about plans for the future direction of the Club. No doubt he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Another group seeking to establish contact with and assist the Club remain quite optimistic that their efforts will eventually have a positive outcome and recognise I think that earning the trust of the owners will be a gradual process.

For my own part whilst I am less confident than I was in the summer that positive changes will be forthcoming I haven't completely given up on it yet. The choice of new manager will be pivotal. Mowbray staying or another HSH dud would probably tell us all we need to know whereas someone of the calibre of Dyche or Farke would be a real statement of intent.

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

It was similar v Blackpool i counted 4 different players either running it out, falling over the ball or losing it and just standing there in the first ten mins.

The theme was truly set and the only time iv'e seen normally competent players looking like they are pissed is when they probably are ( Grant Hanley ) from the night before OR they are doing it on purpose.

Now just why would they do that for 3 or 4 games on the trot ?

They probably are if rumours are right, Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe off to other clubs and the loanees back to their own clubs. They couldn't give a f--k about Blackburn Rovers.The only bright spark for me was Hedges bit of ball trickery near the corner flag the few minutes Mowbray allowed him to play. Good riddance to the w---ers who are leaving.Lets see what we have got left at the end of the season and rebuild a Blackburn Rovers team not a bunch of I couldn't give a f--k losers.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, and without wishing to put words in his mouth, my impression is 1864 seems quite happy with what he's been told about plans for the future direction of the Club. No doubt he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Another group seeking to establish contact with and assist the Club remain quite optimistic that their efforts will eventually have a positive outcome and recognise I think that earning the trust of the owners will be a gradual process.

For my own part whilst I am less confident than I was in the summer that positive changes will be forthcoming I haven't completely given up on it yet. The choice of new manager will be pivotal. Mowbray staying or another HSH dud would probably tell us all we need to know whereas someone of the calibre of Dyche or Farke would be a real statement of intent.

He thinks a load of things have improved - so are you not enjoying this new dawn?

He gave us a long list, starting with; community work (fair enough).

He then pointed to - Improved club structure. Improved commercially. Improved methods of getting fans back…

I’ll let others be the judge 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Posted on another Rovers forum so I will post it on here, don't know whether it true or not. 

"Rovers fans told by Mowbray to “f**k off” whilst walking to his car after the game tonight."

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

Depends what they were saying to him.

"Give us a taste of your lemon drizzle cake"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He thinks a load of things have improved - so are you not enjoying this new dawn?

He gave us a long list, starting with; community work (fair enough).

He then pointed to - Improved club structure. Improved commercially. Improved methods of getting fans back…

I’ll let others be the judge 

I've already said that looking in from the outside I personally  can't see any real improvement apart from Yasir's community work.

Combined with the abysmal January transfer window that leaves me less confident then I was that we'll see the changes we need. That said the aberration in our results skewed the managerial situation somewhat so I'll wait and see what happens next in that respect before coming to a more definitive conclusion.

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What gives you the impression that this other group can open up communication with the owners, given those at Ewood themselves go through an intermediary?

If its the group sipping beer with club officials, selling sponsorship opportunities and stating we should show our appreciation to the owners then all is lost.

First rule of fan representation is actually to get the fans to support your motives, have a clear message to those fans of your objectives, carry out meaningful market research by engaging with those fans, and ultimately you are there to represent the supporters views, and not those of yourself.

A secret group, is 100% the wrong way to go. We have numerous supporter groups, and all of those groups actually have members who support their groups mandate.

I can freely talk as someone no longer affiliated to any group, and from first hand expereience of engaging with the club, the board and ultimately the owners in which i have on numerous occassions.

I didnt need to start kissing backsides to do any of the above.

In addition, our communication was supported by the following to name a few

Jack Straw, Jake Berry, Graham Jones, Sir Bill Taylor, Maureen Bateson, Wayne Hemingway, Wayne Wild, The Mayor of Blackburn, Kate Hollern, a large membership base, Local business owners, FSF, Club employees, and owner representation.

It was transparent, minuted, communicated via media channels and not through "i know something you dont know"

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 6

On 19/04/2022 at 21:59, bluebruce said:

No disrespect to either of those, but they've both shared rumours that have proven false in the past. I see his shitty attitude, but none of this means it's set in stone he is leaving. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but talking like it's a certainty is daft. 

If he did tell the players he is leaving before our promotion chances are dead, he wants sacking on the spot. Although, he should be anyway.

I think people are discussing the news and posting their opinions. 

I want Mowbray gone

19 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Do you still want to wait until the end of the season, or do you want him gone now?

I said after the Peterborough game he needs to go now and I sack Venus, Benson and Lowe with him then appoint Damien Johnson as interim manager for the last 4 games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said after the Peterborough game he needs to go now and I sack Venus, Benson and Lowe with him then appoint Damien Johnson as interim manager for the last 4 games. 

Nothing wrong with changing your mind. Those hypotheticals we talked about became reality eh?

I don't personally think we would achieve much from putting Johnson in charge, but it still might work for the honeymoon bounce, but depends who else is available in the market right now. Ideally I'd rather have a permanent appointment, a proven operator, ready to get started with the crucial summer rebuild.

35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nothing wrong with changing your mind. Those hypotheticals we talked about became reality eh?

I don't personally think we would achieve much from putting Johnson in charge, but it still might work for the honeymoon bounce, but depends who else is available in the market right now. Ideally I'd rather have a permanent appointment, a proven operator, ready to get started with the crucial summer rebuild.

Johnson is for 4 games so we can interview and speak to 4 or 5 managers before decide who is the right man to take over. Given that some managers who I would want to interview are in promotion races we are unlikely to be granted permission to speak to them

• Like 1