BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be starting him at the Preston away game

he did well when he came on,big lad,harder to knock off the ball than dolan,gives us another option,has he passed tony`s fit to play in our system(whatever one it is)test,it usually takes 6 months to get signed off,harrison read was here for a season and still did`nt get mowbrays trust😉

• Like 1

Spineless, pathetic and useless, Gally the only player who can come off with his head held high and being one of his loudest critics it’s pleasing to say that. He looked like the player he can be, while Diaz looked unfit.

Starting Bradley Johnson was just pure Tombola Tony….(Gallagher LB, Johnson False 9 etc). Then the irony of Josh Maja dominating our lot too felt too much to watch.

My only enjoyable moment was the 30 seconds of Stoke fans singing Only One Jack Walker.

Mowbray has butchered this so much. Rock bottom 24th over the last 15 games. Man of honour my arse

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Reminder: only 1 in post manager recruited under Venkys: Appleton. None from any agency other than Craig Honeyman's HSH (ex SEM/Kentaro).

They have truly learned from the bad advice……… Not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Now either the players know Tony's leaving and have given up, or most of them know they are leaving themselves and can't be arsed anyway. Either way, the lack of effort is astonishing and is even more unforgiveable in that even up to the Peterborough game we still had a chance of the playoffs. Six points over Easter and we would still be in with a big shout

There's something wrong and /or afoot at the club. This self-destruction just isn't normal for a team that previously had been flying high. I hope all will come clear.

Exactly my thoughts too Jim...there is something deeply wrong behind the scenes here.

There's more to this than meets the eye.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Mowbray:
2017 failed to keep us up.
2018 lucky to get promoted and gets his portrait in the whitewashed Blues Bar. 
2019 can't remember. 
2020 can't remember. 
2021 survives death spiral.
2022 another death spiral.

The original death spiral.

9 defeats in 11 after we were sat 7th and 2 points off the play offs in Janaury. Didn't sign any defenders despite being low on numbers, sent Paul Downing out on loan on deadline day, next game Lenihan gets injured and we're left with Mulgrew and Rodwell as a back two, with Magloire playing a couple of games.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, dallydally said:

Listened to Mowbray on Radio Lancashire after the game. He sounds a beaten man. Dismal to listen to. No spark no life. Imagine that kind of droning on if you are a player looking for inspiration

Herein lies the problem. Of course professional footballers have to give it 100% every game, but imagine being in the dressing room every day of every week and having to sit and listen to Mowbray.

I mean he drives me mad and I only get to see his pre and post match interviews and even then I usually avoid them. But if you are a player and you have to sit there listening to his drivel it must eventually wear you down.

The buck starts and stops with the manager - he is responsible for results, he signs the players, coaches them, picks them, substitutes them - at no club in the world do the players take the blame when results are poor - the manager does. 

Bottom of the table since January = nothing else matters. Not interested in Owen Coyle, 2017, promotion or even the first half of this season - all in the past and immaterial now. Over the last 15-20 games it has been unacceptable.

I was thinking at half time how many of these lads haven't been mucked around one way or another this season by this manager. Take off those he has specifically targeted for public criticism, those he has suddenly dropped and made a scapegoat of, those he has played out of position, those he has baffled with his muddled tactics and there can't be many left thinking he knows what he is doing or wanting to work with him much longer.

I think the Derby game was the one. That team, performance, behaviour from the manager and form and appearance since then - words were had and I think permanent damage done. I don't think the players aren't trying but it is very difficult when the player-manager relationship is ruined.

A CEO or owners with any interest would have terminated Mowbray's employment after that Derby game or at the very least would have their ears to the ground with senior players listening to their gripes and issues and act accordingly.

Not here though.

I still think the most likely course of action is a new deal for Mowbray and wholesale changes to the playing squad. I think Venkys would rather keep Mowbray and replace the whole squad than vice versa.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Taxi is needed for Mowbray who I would sack Mowbray now and appoint Damien Johnson as Interim manager for the next 3 games. Plus I would look towards next season and play players that will be here next season

I would agree with this - TM should have gone at the end of last season - but I think the owners are looking at compensation payments, and wouldn't risk having to give TM compensation just to give Johnson three matches in charge, I honestly believe that TM number has been up for a while - and he will be replaced at the end of the season. I am not holding my breath - but the owners should be planning TM's replacement now - so he can be in place as soon as the season finishes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Sad thing is Sheffield utd have a tough run in. Qpr away Cardiff at home then Fulham at home. If we get rid of Mowbray now and appoint a good manager then we can still catch them

I wouldn't mind DJ taking the reigns for the remainder of the season. A new manager needs to be lined up early so we can start replacing all the outgoings. A lot of work to be done over the summer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Sad thing is Sheffield utd have a tough run in. Qpr away Cardiff at home then Fulham at home. If we get rid of Mowbray now and appoint a good manager then we can still catch them

I wish I was still this positive… I don’t see us catch anybody, hanging onto 8th, a minor miracle 

• Like 1