BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Best chance in a decade of this division to finally crack the top 6 because it's weak and wide open.

I would not be surprised if it takes another ten years to get so near again.

Yes, it is not like we will start with the same squad next season, nor with any kind of residual momentum from this one (well, not upward momentum anyway!), and of course the debacle since Christmas will only serve to alienate even more regulars, especially if the gurning chump gets the gig for another excruciating period...

WHAT THE FOOK IS WRONG WITH THE OWNERS? ARE THEY REALLY THAT STUPID??*

*rhetorical question..

To answer that rhetorical ...

No i don't think they are but what i do think they are is ignorant towards us minions the fans and stubbornly arrogant. Still putting who they like and how important that is before progress of the club.

• Like 1

I've also reached the point where I question the merits in reaching the playoffs. We'd get annihilated with Forest and comfortably beaten by Luton and Huddersfield, but it would almost guarantee a new deal for Mowbray. 

He's got to go and nothing else matters now.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I don’t even want the playoffs. Imagine what Huddersfield would do that team we put out today. Bloodbath

Forest are the only team I'd worry about. Everyone else in and around the Playoffs are crap - it's a shocking league this year.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Forest are the only team I'd worry about. Everyone else in and around the Playoffs are crap - it's a shocking league this year.

I envy everybody, but us. You are right, they’re crap, but we’re a mess. We can’t even beat catfish teams now. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Goes without saying that the manager must be replaced, he is responsible for the results and his bizarre tactics again led to a loss. Not good enough.

Sadly, everything boils back to our absent owners who won't know the score today and will probably give Mowbray a new deal.

I remember so many people saying how "likable" this team is earlier in the season, I couldn't disagree more, no bollocks and no personality.

Johnson was a joke, he shouldn't play for us again, he is finished, an absolute liability. Travis again bog standard in the middle, outclassed.

Has there ever been a more overhyped player than Dolan? Today was like 99% of his performances, stepovers when he gets it, unable to release the ball and absolutely nothing of note, he shouldn't be around a first team of a top half side, he was fast tracked into the first team but he was so poor again, Hedges did far more in 15 minutes than Dolan has in months, why hasn't he played more?

Gallagher grafted hard and showed more character than anyone, not much at the end of it but gets some credit, Brereton was poor however.

Nyambe again is overrated, slows evreything down and doesn't look like he's putting everything in. Lenihan will be lucky to move up to a better club, Van Hecke and Wharton were shakier than normal too.

What is wrong with Dack?

Weren’t you arguing with me that mowbray had to stay a few months ago, how times have changed, shoulda listened to me then 

23 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Weren’t you arguing with me that mowbray had to stay a few months ago, how times have changed, shoulda listened to me then 

My attitude was that with us firmly cemented in the top 6 at that time, he deserved to finish the season and his future beyond that would depend on remaining in the top 6. It would have been much less deserved then than it is now upon a string of further losses.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Just watching Forest and they are everything we were for a couple of months earlier this season. Intensity, great press, commitment and pace to counter. I am really coming round to the opinion that something has gone on at Brockhall/Ewood for this collapse to be as catastrophic as it has. I heard from a reliable source who is on the training ground daily that the training has been poor and the players, in general are bored with it. There is very little attention paid to shape and set pieces.

I think it’s much more basic Arbitro.

We started the season using the long ball over the top for Brereton to use his strength and pace.

Teams eventually saw that if they just defended deeper, we had nothing else to offer. That’s basically what every team has been doing for months now and we just don’t have any players capable of breaking teams down.

Its a serious situation because it needs a complete rebuild of the entire squad. I doubt any manager could get the current squad suddenly tearing defences apart.

Edited by den

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My attitude was that with us firmly cemented in the top 6 at that time, he deserved to finish the season and his future beyond that would depend on remaining in the top 6. It would have been much less deserved then than it is now upon a string of further losses.

Yea but I warned you this is exactly what you were signing up for with mowbray , sadly I was 100% correct 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You told us that we could anticipate positive developments at the club in the summer. When do you think they will come and what will they be ?

Thanks for asking this, I think it's a vital question going forward. I also have to apologise to roversfan99 who has posed the same question to me several times over the last few weeks but for whatever reason the site has only just started working properly for me on my mobile again so previously I was unable to reply unless in front of my lap top.

My purely personal view is that much was apparently promised but I can't see that anything much has actually changed for the better. I would have hoped for positive announcements on things like a new pitch, renovating the Stadium and titivating Brockhall to make it state of the art. None of that seems to have been forthcoming. and from rumblings going on in the background it would appear Brockhall is still under threat.

I believe it was also hoped the owners would attend some matches towards the end of the season as well and that doesn't seem to have come to fruition either, although our catastrophic decline in form might have had something to do with that. What sort of welcome would they currently receive?

Arguably the most important change that could have been made was a change to the manager and coaching staff and whilst I've no idea how he survived the 0-7 home reverse to Fulham, given the aberration in our form between then and the turn of the year it's perhaps understandable that he survived most of the season. Although personally I'd have removed him shortly after the start of the latest death spiral and would have hoped owners with their fingers fully on the pulse would have done the same to try and secure at least a play off berth.

The biggest disappointment of all was the January transfer window. We'll probably never ever get a better chance of automatic promotion and completely blew it. Whether this was because there was a limited budget or there was a substantial budget made available but Mowbray and Waggott chose not to use it, we'll probably never know for sure but either way the result has been the same, complete capituation and £800k spent wasn't indicative of a Club with any real desire to achieve promotion.

Against all this the only real positive change that's been implemented so far seems to be Yasir's efforts within the Community.

I must stress this is a purely personal view formed from looking in from the outside and not being a party to discussions with the Club. This should in no way detract from the efforts of numerous dedicated groups of fans to engage with and assist the Club and those groups might have a different viewpoint having heard first hand what the Club has had to say.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thanks for asking this, I think it's a vital question going forward. I also have to apologise to roversfan99 who has posed the same question to me several times over the last few weeks but for whatever reason the site has only just started working properly for me on my mobile again so previously I was unable to reply unless in front of my lap top.

My purely personal view is that much was apparently promised but I can't see that anything much has actually changed for the better. I would have hoped for positive announcements on things like a new pitch, renovating the Stadium and titivating Brockhall to make it state of the art. None of that seems to have been forthcoming. and from rumblings going on in the background it would appear Brockhall is still under threat.

I believe it was also hoped the owners would attend some matches towards the end of the season as well and that doesn't seem to have come to fruition either, although our catastrophic decline in form might have had something to do with that. What sort of welcome would they currently receive?

Arguably the most important change that could have been made was a change to the manager and coaching staff and whilst I've no idea how he survived the 0-7 home reverse to Fulham, given the aberration in our form between then and the turn of the year it's perhaps understandable that he survived most of the season. Although personally I'd have removed him shortly after the start of the latest death spiral and would have hoped owners with their fingers fully on the pulse would have done the same to try and secure at least a play off berth.

The biggest disappointment of all was the January transfer window. We'll probably never ever get a better chance of automatic promotion and completely blew it. Whether this was because there was a limited budget or there was a substantial budget made available but Mowbray and Waggott chose not to use it, we'll probably never know for sure but either way the result has been the same, complete capituation and £800k spent wasn't indicative of a Club with any real desire to achieve promotion.

Against all this the only real positive change that's been implemented so far seems to be Yasir's efforts within the Community.

I must stress this is a purely personal view formed from looking in from the outside and not being a party to discussions with the Club. This should in no way detract from the efforts of numerous dedicated groups of fans to engage with and assist the Club and those groups might have a different viewpoint having heard first hand what the Club has had to say.

There was another poster who said he had engaged with the club and was convinced changes for the better we’re on the horizon. Myself and others, suggested that this was someone at the club, doing the usual, positive PR but nothing positive would be done, in fact quite the opposite.

There is a bit of contradiction in your post by the way. How did you believe it was hoped that the owners would come to a game, yet end your post the way you did? We’re you told this by other supporters, or someone at the club?

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Best chance in a decade of this division to finally crack the top 6 because it's weak and wide open.

I would not be surprised if it takes another ten years to get so near again.

Whilst I agree with it being weak, is it going to be any stronger next season?

If Burnley come down they've got a massive rebuilding job given the out of contract players and likelihood of the decent players being snapped up. If Norwich and Watford join then they'd more than likely be up there similar to Fulham/Bournemouth this season. After that though there's not gonna be much in it, depending on how teams recruit.

I think the championship has been getting gradually weaker every year to be honest. Highlighted by how Norwich breezed it last year and then went onto flop in the prem. Even the prem itself now has a gulf opening up. Liverpool and City are a class above. You then have a bunch of teams who are essentially just battling it out for European places. Then the rest. As such you're going to get the liles of Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and Villa flirting with relegation if they aren't careful.

In Mowbrays attempt to blame the atmosphere and fans on the shocking performance he has come up with contradiction #557. On Friday he praised the fans for their support but we were rewarded with an insipid, uninspiring performance. Yesterday's performance was as bad but Mowbray attaches blame to us but it was essentially the same players with not too many youngsters as he said. There is a common denominator here and it certainly isn't the fans.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, den said:

I think it’s much more basic Arbitro.

We started the season using the long ball over the top for Brereton to use his strength and pace.

Teams eventually saw that if they just defended deeper, we had nothing else to offer. That’s basically what every team has been doing for months now and we just don’t have any players capable of breaking teams down.

Its a serious situation because it needs a complete rebuild of the entire squad. I doubt any manager could get the current squad suddenly tearing defences apart.

What we haven't seen for months though Den is the high press and intensity in our play. I can recall the performance at Stoke when I likened it to watching a Mark Hughes team. Grit, determination, aggression was a real feature of the ten wins in eleven games, most of which had clean sheets. Since January/February I have seen very little of these qualities. We have actually looked unfit, slow and ponderous. I'm baffled as to how this can happen.

• Like 5

• Backroom

If Tony wants to blame the fans he must have seen a real cauldron of hatred for the 3 minutes and 31 seconds it took us to effectively throw the game away

2 hours ago, lraC said:

There was another poster who said he had engaged with the club and was convinced changes for the better we’re on the horizon. Myself and others, suggested that this was someone at the club, doing the usual, positive PR but nothing positive would be done, in fact quite the opposite.

There is a bit of contradiction in your post by the way. How did you believe it was hoped that the owners would come to a game, yet end your post the way you did? We’re you told this by other supporters, or someone at the club.

Looks like quite a few got sucked in with the Waggott hyperbole...a man untimately employed by Venkys  to do their bidding.

It's a shit show from top to bottom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thank you for this.

I am several hundred miles from Blackburn so am out of the loop but given that next season starts in just over 3 months time I would have expected that if the various works that were mooted were to be carried out then contracts would have been signed by now - yet there has not been a word. I think it looks like people have been put away.

More generally, over the years practically none of the claimed inside information scoops that have appeared on here have been borne out by events. I think the reason is simply that every decision of significance is taken thousands of mile away in India - and nobody at Ewood Park really knows what is going to happen - let alone the people they are supposedly leaking to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Can you imagine if we slip into the play offs on the last day and then go up.

Every one of us will be eating humble lemon drizzle, every meal for a week.

At the moment nobody wants 6th place so lets hope we smash the nobenders on Monday.

Oh yes...sorry... Tony Mowbray....

Not me, not in this lifetime or the next.

We, as in the club, certainly don't.

Smashing Preston is essential though.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Can you imagine if we slip into the play offs on the last day and then go up.

Every one of us will be eating humble lemon drizzle, every meal for a week.

At the moment nobody wants 6th place so lets hope we smash the nobenders on Monday.

Oh yes...sorry... Tony Mowbray....

This is such a sh1t league anything could happen.

• Like 1