BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

11 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I would agree with this - TM should have gone at the end of last season - but I think the owners are looking at compensation payments, and wouldn't risk having to give TM compensation just to give Johnson three matches in charge, I honestly believe that TM number has been up for a while - and he will be replaced at the end of the season. I am not holding my breath - but the owners should be planning TM's replacement now - so he can be in place as soon as the season finishes.

You are still paying Mowbray's wages whether you keep him or sack him now. 

But I agree that the owners need to planning for Mowbray's replacement and talking to potential candidates right now

10 hours ago, den said:

I think it’s much more basic Arbitro.

We started the season using the long ball over the top for Brereton to use his strength and pace.

Teams eventually saw that if they just defended deeper, we had nothing else to offer. That’s basically what every team has been doing for months now and we just don’t have any players capable of breaking teams down.

Its a serious situation because it needs a complete rebuild of the entire squad. I doubt any manager could get the current squad suddenly tearing defences apart.

No it isn't that simple if we watched us at the start of the season we were pressing teams high, chasing the ball down and that is what was so impressive wins over Cardiff and Swansea at home. Then went we went on our unbeaten and impressive run was how we were solid and defence tight. Now the centre back are too wide and too many gaps between them. We don't press teams anymore. Plus more tinkering from Mowbray over the 2 forwards role and Buckley's role aswell

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Thank you for this.

I am several hundred miles from Blackburn so am out of the loop but given that next season starts in just over 3 months time I would have expected that if the various works that were mooted were to be carried out then contracts would have been signed by now - yet there has not been a word. I think it looks like people have been put away.

More generally, over the years practically none of the claimed inside information scoops that have appeared on here have been borne out by events. I think the reason is simply that every decision of significance is taken thousands of mile away in India - and nobody at Ewood Park really knows what is going to happen - let alone the people they are supposedly leaking to.

I'm sure its not past you by that the initial claims have now been drastically watered down and Revidige isn't the only one, 1864 now realises he's had the wool pulled over his eyes too.

It doesn't take much to read between the lines, history is repeating itself, the lessons are again right in front of us and this doesn't get any better until the owners are gone, everything else is a side show.

Give me administration right now and relegation, anything to get rid of these bastards in Pune.

• Like 8

Never heard the Blackburn End so quiet, not surprised the way these bunch of dummies played yesterday.Be lucky if anybody turns up the last home match.We need serious changes at Ewood in the Summer from top to bottom, ore we might be joining Derby next season in Division 1. Another disgraceful performance not worth the entrance fee.

• Like 2

On 18/04/2022 at 08:03, arbitro said:

Anybody expecting Dack to start is going to be disappointed again.

It's incredible that we could be in a playoff position at 4.55 pm after the wretched, awful results of the last few months. Conversely we could be 11th. And that to me will be the story of the season, a season that promised so much but ultimately failed us all miserably.

Is your glass half full of half empty? 😁😁😁

Never mind Dack none of them started the all 94 minutes yesterday, 2nd best to stoke for 90 minutes.I have never watched such a weak team at Ewood.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Never heard the Blackburn End so quiet, not surprised the way these bunch of dummies played yesterday.Be lucky if anybody turns up the last home match.We need serious changes at Ewood in the Summer from top to bottom, ore we might be joining Derby next season in Division 1. Another disgraceful performance not worth the entrance fee.

I wasn't surprised cos it been like that in recent games. 

When the crowd did get on Mowbray's back with sort it Mowbray he reacted angrily to it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Thank you for this.

I am several hundred miles from Blackburn so am out of the loop but given that next season starts in just over 3 months time I would have expected that if the various works that were mooted were to be carried out then contracts would have been signed by now - yet there has not been a word. I think it looks like people have been put away.

More generally, over the years practically none of the claimed inside information scoops that have appeared on here have been borne out by events. I think the reason is simply that every decision of significance is taken thousands of mile away in India - and nobody at Ewood Park really knows what is going to happen - let alone the people they are supposedly leaking to.

It will probably be tea with the venkys (when was it these football fanatics owners last attended a match) for mowbray and his staff and carry on your doing a great job.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I don’t reckon they’ll be quite as quiet (by Ewood standards anyway), if as I expect, we are embarrassed once again by PNE and then Bournemouth give us a good hiding like they did to Coventry yesterday.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Mowbray is one of those who talks so much shit that eventually he ends up believing it himself.

He's now managed to convince himself that this team has fallen away simply because they are young. Then when his team concedes at home after less than 4 mins and there is little to no reaction he gets offended when the fans ask him the MANAGER to sort it out.

What is it 3 or 4 wins in 4 months and HE decides he's the one offended ?   

There's something not quite right about that Tony.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t reckon they’ll be quite as quiet (by Ewood standards anyway), if as I expect, we are embarrassed once again by PNE and then Bournemouth give us a good hiding like they did to Coventry yesterday.

It actually took relegation at home to Wigan for the crowd (26,000) to get really pissed off with Kean in any sort of numbers.

As we have 15k less fans right now, it would hardly be worth it......

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

It actually took relegation at home to Wigan for the crowd (26,000) to get really pissed off with Kean in any sort of numbers.

I'd argue the Bolton game pre-Christmas was vocally angry in numbers, but once we nicked that win at Old Trafford the crowd generally went 'numb' for much of the season until we eventually went down.

I don't think there's much angst or dissent ate wood any more because quite simply there's  no-one listening. you can give Tony shit and he will respond or make a comment in the press. But you can call Venkys every name under the sun and they aren't aware its even happening.

• Like 1

And Kean getting booed *after* we’d just scored against Swansea, which was pretty novel.

But as you say it was very intermittent at Ewood that season. Fan vs fan rowing in the stands was more prominent, as I know all too well!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Only 18 more days to go with mowbray in charge. Something for the ROVERS supporters I repeat supporters not armchair fans sat there nice and comfortable in there chairs to celebrate in the Summer.

I've got no idea why you and others seem to think it's so nailed on he is leaving. He has survived plenty of times before. All that matters is if he still wants the job and if he is still liked in Pune, and we don't know either of these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I've got no idea why you and others seem to think it's so nailed on he is leaving. He has survived plenty of times before. All that matters is if he still wants the job and if he is still liked in Pune, and we don't know either of these things.

Some good news Liverpool beating Man utd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Cos the rumours of him telling the players post Coventry game he was going(source is @J*B) The info posted by @Paul Mani and another poster here from what Rothwell's father told them. Then you add his comments in the media, his all demeanour looks like a man who is ready to leave and most important wants to go. Plus the fact how angrily and quickly he reacted yesterday when the Rovers fans rightly got on his back cos of the performance and team selection 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos the rumours of him telling the players post Coventry game he was going(source is @J*B) The info posted by @Paul Mani and another poster here from what Rothwell's father told them. Then you add his comments in the media, his all demeanour looks like a man who is ready to leave and most important wants to go. Plus the fact how angrily and quickly he reacted yesterday when the Rovers fans rightly got on his back cos of the performance and team selection 

I don’t think you can read too much into his demeanour. He never seems happy even when we win well.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think you can read too much into his demeanour. He never seems happy even when we win well.

can`t be much fun in his company can it!!!!!! rothwell to mowbray  "morning boss,lovely day for training is`nt it"  mowbray to rothwell "everyday is the same to me joe,you can`t get carried away in this life with the weather"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Mowbray is one of those who talks so much shit that eventually he ends up believing it himself.

He's now managed to convince himself that this team has fallen away simply because they are young. Then when his team concedes at home after less than 4 mins and there is little to no reaction he gets offended when the fans ask him the MANAGER to sort it out.

What is it 3 or 4 wins in 4 months and HE decides he's the one offended ?   

There's something not quite right about that Tony.

Could be worse the red devils losing to Liverpool and Man City four times, my relatives support them and have taken the piss the way rovers have been playing. PAY BACK TIME.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No disrespect to either of those, but they've both shared rumours that have proven false in the past. I see his shitty attitude, but none of this means it's set in stone he is leaving. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but talking like it's a certainty is daft. 

If he did tell the players he is leaving before our promotion chances are dead, he wants sacking on the spot. Although, he should be anyway.

• Like 3