BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

27 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I fear this summer is going to be another absolute shocker. If they give Mowbray a new deal, or bring in some other HSH shitbag, I think the only way I’ll be able to remain engaged is to go into full on protest mode.

If that happens my ST since 1990 will not be renewed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Do we think it’s likely there will be a crowd reaction at the last home game, he deserves nothing but being totally lambasted by the crowd from the 1st minute to the last.

It should be left totally obvious to him if it is to be his last game (I say if as I’m terrified Venkys might just throw him another contract) that he is basically hated here by this stage. A shocking excuse for a manager based off yearly nosedives and if that last press conference is true and he’s blaming the atmosphere/fans then a shocking excuse for a person aswell.

When the happy clappers on Facebook are now pretty much to a man calling him to be sacked rather than having his contract run down, you know it’s close to getting real ugly.

It's true.

Just google 'Blackburn Rovers Twitter' and you'll see it, no need to log in,

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

Mowbray told the players after the Coventry game that he would be leaving at the end of the season. I’m not sure why, but he did. Whether that ties in with Paul Mani’s “he’s already signed to be WBA manager” I’m not sure, but it does mean that thankfully we don’t need to put up with him much longer. 

He should have announced he was stepping down publicly 1 month ago then. 

As much as I hate losing, pissing awya a rock solid playoff place, and being bottom of the half season form guide, I'm fucking petrified that we win the next 3 games - not get promoted - and then that cockroach gets an extension.

If he was to announce his departure now, he/the team would have 100% "support" from the stands over the next 3 (probably ultimately pointless) games. 

If he doesn't, then he might want to bring ear defenders vs PNE and Bournemouth especially.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

There's been something wrong at the club since 2010 Ahahaha

And that is the problem in a nutshell until we are rid of venkys we will get the next charlatans in the form of another shelfy , venus and co , shebby etc

Blackpool Wigan Bolton all now ridof cancer and on their way back

Edited by Athlete
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Nobody is going to sack Mowbray, they don't have any authority and even if they did they'd have to pay him compensation and these cheap bastard owners don't like paying compensation, but seen quite content to piss millions up the wall on wages year on year.

Figure that one out.

VENKYS OUT

No one will sack him but in the same time no one will sanction him a new deal. His contract is running out in june and he will leave for holidays and then a new manager will come in for pre season training. Clearly Venkys seems happy with playing in the championship or they would had budged him months ago when the death spiral began..... 

We have had so many chances but in the meantime alot of champ sides seems inconsistent and we are only 3 points from a playoff place with 3 games to go.....hilarious...

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Goes without saying that the manager must be replaced, he is responsible for the results and his bizarre tactics again led to a loss. Not good enough.

Sadly, everything boils back to our absent owners who won't know the score today and will probably give Mowbray a new deal.

I remember so many people saying how "likable" this team is earlier in the season, I couldn't disagree more, no bollocks and no personality.

Johnson was a joke, he shouldn't play for us again, he is finished, an absolute liability. Travis again bog standard in the middle, outclassed.

Has there ever been a more overhyped player than Dolan? Today was like 99% of his performances, stepovers when he gets it, unable to release the ball and absolutely nothing of note, he shouldn't be around a first team of a top half side, he was fast tracked into the first team but he was so poor again, Hedges did far more in 15 minutes than Dolan has in months, why hasn't he played more?

Gallagher grafted hard and showed more character than anyone, not much at the end of it but gets some credit, Brereton was poor however.

Nyambe again is overrated, slows evreything down and doesn't look like he's putting everything in. Lenihan will be lucky to move up to a better club, Van Hecke and Wharton were shakier than normal too.

What is wrong with Dack?

Hedges did more in 15 than Dolan has in months? Didn’t Dolan score less than a month ago? He also set up our best / only chance of the first half with his quick feet 

Not his finest performance and the lad needs coaching but let’s not go OTT

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

No one will sack him but in the same time no one will sanction him a new deal. His contract is running out in june and he will leave for holidays and then a new manager will come in for pre season training. Clearly Venkys seems happy with playing in the championship or they would had budged him months ago when the death spiral began..... 

We have had so many chances but in the meantime alot of champ sides seems inconsistent and we are only 3 points from a playoff place with 3 games to go.....hilarious...

But when or if Mowbray leaves in June, will Venkys appoint a new manager straight away? Any delay will be crucial to next season.

55 minutes ago, J*B said:

Mowbray told the players after the Coventry game that he would be leaving at the end of the season. I’m not sure why, but he did. Whether that ties in with Paul Mani’s “he’s already signed to be WBA manager” I’m not sure, but it does mean that thankfully we don’t need to put up with him much longer. 

It’s ridiculous that he remained in charge after that game in that case…

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me watching my club that well. Nothing can beat being inside a stadium watching your club play In my opinion. Not interested in watching live streaming of Rovers games

Of I still believe in my club and always will to the end 

Davenport is injured

Well I haven't stop enjoyed going Rovers during my time as season ticket holder so I can't comment but I do believe myself that you support your club through the good, bad and ugly time, But I can understand people stop going if they stop enjoying. 

Says the bloke who watched the peterboro game on skys red buttonstream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hedges did more in 15 than Dolan has in months? Didn’t Dolan score less than a month ago? He also set up our best / only chance of the first half with his quick feet 

Johnsons contract is up.. He's leaving and are going back to the states.

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He should have announced he was stepping down publicly 1 month ago then. 

As much as I hate losing, pissing awya a rock solid playoff place, and being bottom of the half season form guide, I'm fucking petrified that we win the next 3 games - not get promoted - and then that cockroach gets an extension.

If he was to announce his departure now, he/the team would have 100% "support" from the stands over the next 3 (probably ultimately pointless) games. 

If he doesn't, then he might want to bring ear defenders vs PNE and Bournemouth especially.

Barring an unexpectedly good result v PNE, I think Mowbray’s departure might be announced prior to the last home game.

I’m not sure about the “100% support”, but it would take the heat out of the occasion.

For those who havent ventured into Twitter my micro analysis of what the cretin said post match:

''...... the atmosphere in the stadium .... you know ....(dramatic exhalation of breath) .....sort of affected a lot of the young players ... it's ermmmm ....we didn't get going .... we needed to change a few things at HT ....''

Read it and weep.

The acting especially the use of the ''breath out'' for dramatic purposes was top draw. He must really pay attention in acting class.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

But when or if Mowbray leaves in June, will Venkys appoint a new manager straight away? Any delay will be crucial to next season.

Really dont know but Venkys may opt for an foreign manager....you never know with this lot...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I watched/listened to it.

Stunning, he has the front to claim that at HT he put right the damaging effect of the Ewood atmosphere on a lot of the young players.

The man has no shame whatsoever.

The fault is always that of someone else, this time the fans at Ewood.

Hopefully this time it is the noose that swings the piece of shit.

He put what right

we lost one nil the daft old b*******d

• Like 3

The effort was not good enough today....the only ones who tried was the ones who will be here next season....Travis, Gally and Hedges..... Gally was the best one today and was inches from scoring and rightly best rovers player. The rest seems to think about their next moves and its clearly some players are doing their best but with others not caring its a tough situation. The manager still being here doesn't help.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fair enough, I take back that comment. I do think though that he is not effective enough to justify anything like regular football as some would demand.  Too many needless stepovers, seldom with anything tangible at the end of things, often keeping hold of the ball too long and losing it. I think with the way he joined from Preston and seemingly being a very nice guy willing to help people, he is overrated in general.

Ideally, he could do with a loan spell in League 1 perhaps next season although I am guessing we will need to keep him for numbers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldn't take "terrace gossip" as gospel, I would agree that it would be surprising, well I'd be amazed if we could attract Farke, if we went for him and if we had everything lined up. I would consider it to be todays silly rumour of the day.

If you don't want to believe fine but don't start ending the hope of a possible good replacement for Mowbray so quickly. 

28 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

EA43F830-48A3-4603-82F5-8AB51602B494.thumb.jpeg.951f2ba3a398b7ccd0f325e4ffc594d8.jpeg

When the local media turn, you know it’s bad.

I'm fed up with him blaming the fans and our young players when its actually his fault for not adapting starting formations and tactics in the last 10 or so games that have cost us points plus him keeping make half time subs cos hos starting 11 has been wrong. Time you took some self responsible and admit you are actual the problem here

19 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Do we think it’s likely there will be a crowd reaction at the last home game, he deserves nothing but being totally lambasted by the crowd from the 1st minute to the last.

It should be left totally obvious to him if it is to be his last game (I say if as I’m terrified Venkys might just throw him another contract) that he is basically hated here by this stage. A shocking excuse for a manager based off yearly nosedives and if that last press conference is true and he’s blaming the atmosphere/fans then a shocking excuse for a person aswell.

When the happy clappers on Facebook are now pretty much to a man calling him to be sacked rather than having his contract run down, you know it’s close to getting real ugly.

The crowd turned on him asking him to sort it out and reaction badly to them

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For those who havent ventured into Twitter my micro analysis of what the cretin said post match:

''...... the atmosphere in the stadium .... you know ....(dramatic exhalation of breath) .....sort of affected a lot of the young players ... it's ermmmm ....we didn't get going .... we needed to change a few things at HT ....''

Read it and weep.

The acting especially the use of the ''breath out'' for dramatic purposes was top draw. He must really pay attention in acting class.

when a manager starts blaming everything and anyone it`s usually a sign he`s reaching desperation stage and the end is near,the derby game in particular was the start of tony`s exit,he`s definately off at the end of the season

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough, I take back that comment. I do think though that he is not effective enough to justify anything like regular football as some would demand.  Too many needless stepovers, seldom with anything tangible at the end of things, often keeping hold of the ball too long and losing it. I think with the way he joined from Preston and seemingly being a very nice guy willing to help people, he is overrated in general.

Ideally, he could do with a loan spell in League 1 perhaps next season although I am guessing we will need to keep him for numbers.

I think there’s definitely a fair point that he is overdoing it too often. The step over is a useful tool in his Arsenal but the overuse can neuter it.

He’s at his best when going direct and at pace, when he goes past players he often gets fouled in dangerous areas. I think he still has loads of potential but needs polishing. He’s got 4 goals and 3 assists this season which he will definitely need to build on but still more than the likes of Brereton had until last season.

Also thought Hedges looked more like a footballer than he has previously, I’d be starting him next game.

• Like 1