BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

18 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

While I don’t agree with all of this, Nyambe was particularly poor today.

Then you don’t watch his every game he has been absolutely shocking at times and wobbles every time he goes across the half way line there are far better players out there and although I wanted him to stay for me he can take the same bus as Mowbray himself

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Still didn't score though

It's not surprising when our 'strikers' are picking the ball up out wide - half way inside the oppo half. They are rarely in the box.

We only looked useful this season when we played with actual wingers out wide.  Mowbray soon knocked that on the head. 

2 minutes ago, cesus said:

Well this run has made the pain of losing all the out of contract players a lot easier to deal with. I'm not sure how much longer I can put myself through all this, I'm not arsed about losing its part of football. Seeing an entire football club not give a flying fuck about losing is what I can't deal with.

Without this run, we quite possibly wouldn't have been losing the out of contract players.

32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray said he "doesn't want to be a burden". If he's true to his word, he should resign. Most managers in his situation would. 

This has been quoted umpteen times. It's clear he has no intention of giving up this easy wage. His mates in the boardroom will also do the same.

• Like 2

So the verdict from the other side of the world (sister back from NZ) is rudderless. I find it hard to disagree. First half was appalling, second half better and perhaps unlucky to not force a draw, but if you don't turn up for 45 mins then you only have yourself to blame. 

First half was beyond terrible. One of the worst performances I can remember. Second half much better - especially with Rothwell and Buckley (who would have thought it?) The team looked more comfortable in a 4-3-3 - the centre backs weren't lunging forward recklessly and since the wingbacks weren't attacking being full backs suited them better. 

It was interesting getting a Rovers fan's take on the players with no baggage. Interestingly summed up a lot of common belief on here. Player comments were as follows;

Johnson useless and invisible. 

Gally - not sure he's in control of all his body. 

Dolan - anonymous

Centre backs all looked hapless first half. 

Positively Travis put himself about and the subs looked lively. Pickering looked ok too. 

I'd agree with most of this sunmary. Only things I would add to that is Nayambe was very disappointing going forwards. So frustrating. Not after Cafu but a bit of forward drive would help. I'd also add that 20 minutes walloping a ball long to Dolan is the height of stupidity. Oh and we got lucky with the penalty decision at the end. Clear as day penalty imo. Still didn't change the score and incredibly we somehow arent out of the playoff hunt (albeit unlikely).despite our diabolical run. 

Did I mention that first half was an affront to all the fans. It was played on the beach. 

7 minutes ago, cesus said:

"The atmosphere in the stadium affected a lot of the young players, we didn't get going".

He is on the wind up, I've been convinced for a while now. Its like your brother pulling faces behind Dad's back when you are getting a bollocking!!

He always mentions young players.  Half or more are in the mid 20s. What an odious slug

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cesus said:

"The atmosphere in the stadium affected a lot of the young players, we didn't get going".

He is on the wind up, I've been convinced for a while now. Its like your brother pulling faces behind Dad's back when you are getting a bollocking!!

Why isn't the person who was given this answer asking what's the excuse for the performances away from home?He can't hide behind any atmosphere there.

It's everybody's fault but Tony's.Take a bit of responsibility for Christ sake 

• Like 1

Today summed up the need for a change of management. Another game that needed a raft of changes to make us look remotely competitive after a botched formation and line up for probably the 10th game running.

Only player with any credit was Gallagher the rest should be ashamed at the effort put in. I have seen more intensity from sloths on the Green Planet show.

Didn't go today, combination of a work commitment and realising that the promotion dream was over months ago, probably after Forest at home.

All that said, at any normal Club, what would there be to lose from getting say Warnock in for the last 3 games? We're more or less nailed on to lose the last three if Fraudbray is allowed to eke his reign of misery out until the death so how could it be any worse?

Finally - please tell me the crowd finally turned on Mowbray today. Without wishing to fall out with anyone, have to say that those who have staunchly defended Mowbray when he should have gone three and a half seasons ago have got exactly what they deserve. 

Although of course chief culprits in that respect are the owners for allowing a lame duck manager to limp on in charge for so long and his mate and  partner in crime Waggott for not recommending his removal.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cesus said:

Hmm......."Nice Guy" indeed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't go today, combination of a work commitment and realising that the promotion dream was over months ago, probably after Forest at home.

All that said, at any normal Club, what would there be to lose from getting say Warnock in for the last 3 games? We're more or less nailed on to lose the last three if Fraudbray is allowed to eke his reign of misery out until the death so how could it be any worse?

Finally - please tell me the crowd finally turned on Mowbray today. Without wishing to fall out with anyone, have to say that those who have staunchly defended Mowbray when he should have gone three and a half seasons ago have got exactly what they deserve. 

Although of course chief culprits in that respect are the owners for allowing a lame duck manager to limp on in charge for so long and his mate and  partner in crime Waggott for not recommending his removal.

You told us that we could anticipate positive developments at the club in the summer. When do you think they will come and what will they be ?

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lots of grumbling in the riverside about Mowbray today, first time I have heard any all season. It was fairly mild though in terms of formation and selection rather than sacking him etc

29 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Please can someone on here who has Sharpes number or tweeter or whatever message him and ask....

Surely you need to seek out Waggott before you leave Ewood and directly ask him about Tony's position.

This would be asked to the CEO at literally every other club.

Nobody is going to sack Mowbray, they don't have any authority and even if they did they'd have to pay him compensation and these cheap bastard owners don't like paying compensation, but seen quite content to piss millions up the wall on wages year on year.

Figure that one out.

VENKYS OUT

• Like 1