BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I think, reading the responses to his appointment, this appointment has got most people in the "overthemoon" category.

Its 100% a coup, more than what appeared to be possible given rejections and other names linked.

Tickets are now flying off the shelf, they are both saying the right things and optimism is probably at its highest since the Raos were introduced to the rovers faithful on the pitch.

I've not seen any post of people being underwhelmed.

Its a massive step or two in the right direction, but not the only steps neededm

Lets all hope its a new dawn and the good times start to roll, and we really become a serious proposition once more

Glen the clear point I was making is simple Rovers have pulled off a coup and it matters not who did the final deed it has happened and there is a breath of fresh air around the place even in here.

Some on here have said the following which has turned out to be so wrong:

we won’t replace Mowbray with anyone above the likes of a Grayson level!

we won’t have a budget!

we won’t sell 2k season tickets !

we will promote Venus into head coach!

we will not have a decent pitch to play on !

there will be no investment !

we won’t have a sports science department 

venkys are not bothered and have pulled the financial clout !

etc etc etc

One thing that I noticed was in one article where they wrote that one of the things that were impressive with JDT was that he managed to win the swedish league two years in a row with a "limited budget'.  Malmö has BY FAR the biggest budget in Sweden, I think at least twice compared to the next team. 

Not sure what that says, but in Sweden it was not a limited budget that he got to work with... 

Also, I'm a bit drunk and not entirely sure what I want to say with this post. 😂

• Like 1

On 15/06/2022 at 14:05, Mattyblue said:

We are about to see ST sales at the level of some L2/non league clubs. 

So logically as a top half Championship club, he’s failed and failed badly, and as he’s still here, so…

That’s just inaccurate and untrue Matty.

Granted, the platform for online ticket sales still doesn’t work as it should, that in itself is diabolical, I agree….feck knows why not, it should be an absolute priority!

Despite the demographics locally and the ‘cost of living crisis’, I get it all, I do believe that our season ticket sales for 22/23 will be the best in terms of numbers for many years and will be in excess of Burnley, North End, Blackpool, Wanderers and Wigan. It was forever thus!

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Quite clear to me that Broughton delivered our new coach to the club as the club was still dithering and had already driven others off.

List cut down to 3 and still buggering around.

If Broughton hadn't intervened we would have had another last-minute disaster such as Coyle.

You believe what you want, I believe that's the story.

You too believe what you want with respect.

The actual fact is the plan for 9 months has always been to appoint a DOF first this spring/summer and he be part of the final selection process for First Team Coach and backroom staff. It may appear to some to be an elongated process but everything is in place prior to players reporting back for pre-season and the summer transfer merry go round when everyone is back from holiday.

Pray tell…why has the selection process been described as “a fiasco” by some?

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Sadly you can't change the past, only influence the future.

Building a trust, is going to be a long road, given what has gone before.

The scepticism is more than valid and understandable given the last 12 years 

Many of the above is opinion based on how people feel and the number of false dawns. 

Football is an emotional rollercoaster and many of our supporter base past and present are still hurting.

Forgiveness, is not an easy thing, given the systematic dismantling of one of the best run clubs in England.

Its 10 painful years since this club was in the premiership running on tight budgets but holding their own.

People will support and follow what they can see, what is tangible and most of all, what is transparent.

No-one wants anyone to fail, everyone wants the very best for Rovers, some willl take more convincing.

This week is a good week, hopefully we get 51 more over the next 12 months, which takes away the worry and concerns people have.

Respect is earnt, people dont take kindly to a post i saw on twitter this week demanding the supporters show their respect and gratefulness to Venkys.

I dont like text format communication on msg boards as some people will always read it the opposite as you meant it.

Its going to take time, building block by building block, its going to take leadership, but what it wont take right now is trust. Too much has gone on before which will be a barrier for some time.

The club has to learn much better to respect its customer base.

Throwing out comments of one town one club one community, which was the action groups slogan strangely, does not suddenly get everyone on board.

Words are cheap, actions are louder.

Words are cheap, actions are louder.

Absolutely!

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Granted, the platform for online ticket sales still doesn’t work as it should, that in itself is diabolical, I agree….feck knows why not, it should be an absolute priority!

Despite the demographics locally and the ‘cost of living crisis’, I get it all, I do believe that our season ticket sales for 22/23 will be the best in terms of numbers for many years and will be in excess of Burnley, North End, Blackpool, Wanderers and Wigan. It was forever thus!

Bonleh sold 13k, noblot 13k, nob end 12k. There’s not a chance in hell we’ll surpass those. No idea what Wigan/bpool nos are so might surpass those 2. We won’t get near 5 figure sales 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

You think we'll sell more than Burnley? Haven't they sold like 14k or something?

21 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

You think we'll sell more than Burnley? Haven't they sold like 14k or something?

I dunno, have they? Really?…I don’t really care in honesty but just used it as a local comparison.

Check out that lots gates in The PL over the past 5/6 years, that should tell you all you need to know. (Has Pendle Hill been terraced yet to cope with demand?)

If we sell 10/12k Season Tickets, plus corporates/hospitality (I understand that currently totals in excess of 700), it’d be a fair result.

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I dunno, have they? Really?…I don’t really care in honesty but just used it as a local comparison.

Check out that lots gates in The PL over the past 5/6 years, that should tell you all you need to know. (Has Pendle Hill been terraced yet to cope with demand?)

If we sell 10/12k Season Tickets, plus corporates/hospitality (I understand that currently totals in excess of 700), it’d be a fair result.

I'd be amazed if we sell 9000. 

The price is an absolute disgrace especially when the three closest clubs around actually took notice of the situation for many of their fans and slashed their rates to encourage people to sign up. All of those clubs showed a massive amount of respect for their fanbases when they did that and it payed off. 

At Rovers once again the people in charge showed total contempt towards the fans and have once again decided to use divide and conquer tactics as they double down on their totally brain dead strategy. The end result, failure.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

We’ve had a spike since JDT, so thankfully the absolutely horrendous sales of this time last week have been improved on, thank God.

However, Bolton, Burnley, PNE have all sold c12/13k. We had sold just over 7k on Friday (our joint lowest sales at this stage for 30+ years, level with last season’s disastrous  sales). So don’t come on here giving it the big ‘un if you haven’t even bothered to check the figures.

Unfortunately we won’t be ‘selling the most in many years’ and will be selling less than all three of those clubs. Something I never thought I’d type and that is on the pathetic ‘leadership’ that you now seem to have no issue with post a few brews in a certain office.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Bonleh sold 13k, noblot 13k, nob end 12k. There’s not a chance in hell we’ll surpass those. No idea what Wigan/bpool nos are so might surpass those 2. We won’t get near 5 figure sales 

Spot on, I assume darrenrover had just come in from the pub  😀

I couldn't really care less about season ticket sales to be honest, Waggott pays them lip service only, his prices show he doesn't care and the owners don't care either. 

Its always been the case that if the product on the pitch is worth supporting the fans will turn out, been that way since time immemorial at Ewood and will remain so long after we've all gone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I couldn't really care less about season ticket sales to be honest, Waggott pays them lip service only, his prices show he doesn't care and the owners don't care either. 

Its always been the case that if the product on the pitch is worth supporting the fans will turn out, been that way since time immemorial at Ewood and will remain so long after we've all gone. 

For £430 I'd want a pretty spectacular product.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

That’s true, but we also need robust ST sales as a base. Look at last season, walk ons doubled as we sat near the top, but as we now only have a very small number of ST holders, crowds still struggled to get over 13/14k, yes that’s better than the 10k earlier in the season, but not good enough for team second in the league.

Now if we sell c10k STs and then charge up the league, that’s when you see big c17/18k crowds on a regular basis. So ST sales are important.

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s true, but we also need robust ST sales as a base. Look at last season, walk ons doubled as we sat near the top, but as we now only have a very small number of ST holders, crowds still struggled to get over 13/14k, yes that’s better than the 10k earlier in the season, but not good enough for team second in the league.

Now if we sell c10k STs and then charge up the league, that’s when you see big c17/18k crowds on a regular basis. So ST sales are important.

We won't agree on this subject and I'd be firmly in your camp if this was a normal football club, but it isn't.

What I will say is if JDT is given a healthy budget, the club is in top 6 come new year, with some decent offers on tickets, crowds will be around15/16/17k down the home straight if we're challenging, season ticket sales are irrelevant in this scenario for me. 

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

We won't agree on this subject and I'd be firmly in your camp if this was a normal football club, but it isn't.

What I will say is if JDT is given a healthy budget, the club is in top 6 come new year, with some decent offers on tickets, crowds will be around17/18k down the home straight if we're challenging, season ticket sales are irrelevant in this scenario for me. 

They simply aren’t ’irrelevant’, as last season showed. If we’d had more ST holders crowds would have been higher when we sat second.

’Home straight’ I agree we would as that is a different issue, as you are getting loads of floating fans coming out the woodwork in a promotion run in that you wouldn’t see for a game, in say, February. That’s the case everywhere. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They simply aren’t ’irrelevant’, as last season showed. If we’d had more ST holders crowds would have been higher when we sat second.

’Home straight’ I agree we would as that is a different issue, as you are getting loads of floating fans coming out the woodwork in a promotion run in that you wouldn’t see for a game, in say, February. That’s the case everywhere. 

You're coming at this purely from a support point of view? Numbers in the ground on a regular basis?

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, as I’m talking bums on seats, attendances etc.

Apologies if we are at cross purposes, what’s your point? 

Finance.

I always attribute season ticket sales to finance rather than bums on seats, at most clubs below Premiership the financial side of season ticket sales is essential for operating moving forward, our lot don't give a toss, they sign a cheque every year for £30m to keep the lights on, its pocket change to them.

But yes I agree with you on the numbers part, its much better playing Luton Town at home on a Wednesday night in September with 10,000 season tickets holders than 7000, I see your point, apologies. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Pray tell…why has the selection process been described as “a fiasco” by some?

I think that's been widely discussed hasn't it? Its worked out well in the end, we think, but no thanks to the usual suspects.

Yes I see. Agreed that throwing £30 million a year down the toilet year after year means nowt to them. The general state of the commercial operation is testament to revenue generating being left to wither on the vine as the millions roll in from Pune to plug gaping holes in incomings…

However, Waggott is still supposedly judged on short term revenue targets (that he always misses), which is a big reason we see these outrageous ticket prices and crowds thus falling year on year, he therefore has no motivation to introduce enticing pricing that can get folk back in the tent and build back a fanbase long term.

As always noting ever adds up in Venky World.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Well its a ridiculous, inaccurate comparison then isn't it 🙄 

Most of them have been proactive and managed to get their numbers up, apart from Wigan who seem as bad as us on that front - although they have shifted around 6k apparently.

• Like 1