BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

15 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Glen the clear point I was making is simple Rovers have pulled off a coup and it matters not who did the final deed it has happened and there is a breath of fresh air around the place even in here.

Some on here have said the following which has turned out to be so wrong:

we won’t replace Mowbray with anyone above the likes of a Grayson level!

we won’t have a budget!

we won’t sell 2k season tickets !

we will promote Venus into head coach!

we will not have a decent pitch to play on !

there will be no investment !

we won’t have a sports science department 

venkys are not bothered and have pulled the financial clout !

etc etc etc

You seem particularly keen to defend the club at every single available opportunity at the moment but some of your above list is very questionable.

Firstly, is Tomasson a coup purely as a manager? He is an appointment that has us all excited and intrigued but it may be premature to consider it a coup at this stage.

Is there any indication that Venkys are bothered? They couldn't be arsed coming to Ewood last season as they said they would. The last year in particular has been full of cut backs with the taps turned on. Merely offsetting losses is something they have to do to continue in situ, not something they do out of ambition.

You have twisted the pitch thing, people have rightly criticised their decision to go back on their word and not fund the £2m revamp promised last season, which they can't even hide behind the usual FFP excuse that people seem keen to protect them using. Again this season, that revamp isn't happening.

Who said we won't sell 2k season tickets? Your mate Waggott has again got the prices and the advertising campaign dismally wrong, but did anyone specify that we wouldn't sell 2k and if so who?

We won't have a budget doesn't make sense, a minus £10-15m budget as seen last season is still a budget. And as I've mentioned, the money has very much dried up in the last year. Lets see how much we spend and how much we receive this summer.

A few bits on the manager, again lets wait and see on Tomasson, we didn't get one of the preferred choices of Farke/Carvalhal/Dyche with a proven track record but the choice still seems an exciting one. But did people fearing another terrible appointment surprise you or was it unjustified considering Venkys track record?

• Like 3

There was a poster on here who mentioned a conversation he had with Swag. 

Swag apparently said, when TM goes and a replacement is being made , there would be a thorough interview process which Swag would be involved with and recommendation made to the owners. 

This was in relation to previous appointments not being done in this way .

And so it transpires that this seems to have happened.

Despite all the doom and gloom of some posters,  regarding supposedly missing out on managers early in the search .

5 hours ago, lraC said:

I would be moving heaven and earth to get the on line portal working. There is no excuse for the mess that is and would not take much money to hire a proper IT expert to sort it. 

I totally agree and as you’d expect IraC, I’ve made the point countless times.

If you direct all and sundry to use on line portals, you make bloody sure that they work flawlessly and are extremely user friendly.

If you suspect that they may not be, for whatever reason, then ensure that phone lines are adequately manned.

Customer Service IS King!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Spot on, I assume darrenrover had just come in from the pub  😀

I couldn't really care less about season ticket sales to be honest, Waggott pays them lip service only, his prices show he doesn't care and the owners don't care either. 

Its always been the case that if the product on the pitch is worth supporting the fans will turn out, been that way since time immemorial at Ewood and will remain so long after we've all gone. 

You’re right Gav (not the pub reference, how very dare you) but the product on the pitch comment, ambition off it but I do feel the owners care, so on that, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Waggott, Fielder don’t get us but are starting to do!

Anyway, back to preparing my Marie Rose Sauce for next season, the brown bread is doing lovely in the bread maker and I’m growing Hearts of Romain in the garden…with a bit of luck I’ll get out to Morcambe Bay before the end of July to net the prawns, the vital ingredient!

Riversider 49 years, 21 out of 23 away games last season, amongst everyone else.

Anyone casting any adverse aspersions towards me, clearly don’t know me! I don’t always get everything right, who does but I know where my heart and mind is!💙🤍

• Like 7

With GB here what is Waggot's shelf life now?  GB has seen first hand Waggots incompetent shit show at finding a DoF and a manager.  Losing both our top 2 candidates (plus how many we didn't hear of).  GB was found by headhunters, Venkies seemingly didn't trust him to do that, and then after weeks if nothing from Swag he comes in and gets an exciting manager in days.  Wags has to be on borrowed time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, USABlue said:

With GB here what is Waggot's shelf life now?  GB has seen first hand Waggots incompetent shit show at finding a DoF and a manager.  Losing both our top 2 candidates (plus how many we didn't hear of).  GB was found by headhunters, Venkies seemingly didn't trust him to do that, and then after weeks if nothing from Swag he comes in and gets an exciting manager in days.  Wags has to be on borrowed time.

You’ve just basically assumed a load of reasons and decisions to justify an opinion.

You, I and all and sundry have no idea of the structure, the decision making or the rationale behind interview.

Just assuming the worst to pander to a developed dislike of someone who works at the club… bizarre in my book.

An easy example - you say we “lost our top two candidates”;

1. You have no evidence, only assumption that was the case.

2. You don’t know why they (if even approached) decided to not take it up.

Taking “in the know” knowledge from BRFCS as gospel is ridiculous. If there’s anything this summer proves, that is it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I think, reading the responses to his appointment, this appointment has got most people in the "overthemoon" category.

Its 100% a coup, more than what appeared to be possible given rejections and other names linked.

Tickets are now flying off the shelf, they are both saying the right things and optimism is probably at its highest since the Raos were introduced to the rovers faithful on the pitch.

I've not seen any post of people being underwhelmed.

Its a massive step or two in the right direction, but not the only steps neededm

Lets all hope its a new dawn and the good times start to roll, and we really become a serious proposition once more

Well said Glen I think the process has taken too long but we've got Head coach in who has won the biggest trophy in European football the Champions league as well as taking a team to the knock out stages of that competition he has a fantastic pedigree at last we are attracting a quality manager I ask myself what do people want I reckon if we signed Messi someone would moan we've done well to appoint a decent manager who I'm sure will do very well 👍

• Like 1

As much as I’d love to see Swag depart, I’m just not getting that vibe at all. 

The way I see it is, yes, he’ll now be doing less on the football side with a DoF in situ, so he’ll just be focusing on the commercial/revenue side (🤦‍♂️)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You’ve just basically assumed a load of reasons and decisions to justify an opinion.

You, I and all and sundry have no idea of the structure, the decision making or the rationale behind interview.

Just assuming the worst to pander to a developed dislike of someone who works at the club… bizarre in my book.

1. You have no evidence, only assumption that was the case.

2. You don’t know why they (if even approached) decided to not take it up.

Taking “in the know” knowledge from BRFCS as gospel is ridiculous. If there’s anything this summer proves, that is it.

You’re incorrect, we didn’t.

The plan was always to carry out and screen initial applicants for First Team Coach, in addition to considering those fancied that may still have been contracted to clubs.

The plan was always to appoint a DOF and that they would then be part and instrumental in the final selection process of First Team Coach and backroom staff.

They are all in situ before pre-season starts in earnest, why is there a problem? (Rhetorical because for once, at long last, they’ve actually got it right! (iMO)

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For the first time in years, our beloved club has a positive week but you cant tell on here.  On here its lets focus on the negative, lets focus on poor season ticket sales.

Our new management team has brought a truly positive vibe. I dont give a flying fig how that has arrived but there those on here trying to crush it.

Welcome to Greg and JDT.

Everyone is delighted with the “green shoots” of the last week or so.

Pointing out the negatives, or as I say highlighting things that can be improved is important to growth. 

Just being happy with a bit of good news and positivity whilst ignoring everything else is a recipe for disaster in the long term and it’s no good having  a good manager and football with no fans in the ground. 

sustainability and growth requires constant improvement. If no one highlights or pushes for better in all aspects of the club then we will never prosper . 

Food for thought 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Pointing out the negatives, or as I say highlighting things that can be improved is important to growth. 

Just being happy with a bit of good news and positivity whilst ignoring everything else is a recipe for disaster in the long term and it’s no good having  a good manager and football with no fans in the ground. 

sustainability and growth requires constant improvement. If no one highlights or pushes for better in all aspects of the club then we will never prosper . 

Food for thought 

The thing is, I would like quick results, as I may not be around long enough to see a slow improvement.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

The thing is, I would like quick results, as I may not be around long enough to see a slow improvement.

Rigger, look at the youth that hasn’t featured in the first team squad yet, add them to those that have, add them to 3/4 quality signings and add it all to our now coaching/management structure.

I’d rather be us than any other bugger in Lancashire!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Rigger, look at the youth that hasn’t featured in the first team squad yet, add them to those that have, add them to 3/4 quality signings and add it all to our now coaching/management structure.

I always have done, even when manchester and liverpool were classed as Lancashire

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Food for thought 

In deed it is valid point but this is the JDT thread but please tell me what influence has he on season ticket prices or how effective Waggot is?

Sustainibility is a pont that has already been talked by JDT.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant just assume that all or indeed a majority of that youth will all successfully progress to being Championship standard though, history tells us that. We need a lot more than 3 or 4 signings.

No assumptions but ask Alan Hansen!

15 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

In deed it is valid point but this is the JDT thread but please tell me what influence has he on season ticket prices or how effective Waggot is?

Sustainibility is a pont that has already been talked by JDT.

He is a massive marketing point to Sell them and his infectious ways have pull and influence on selling season tickets . It’s all linked … or should be with joined up thinking

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'm hoping that Jack Vale will be part of the first team squad this coming season. Got high hopes for him. 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant just assume that all or indeed a majority of that youth will all successfully progress to being Championship standard though, history tells us that. We need a lot more than 3 or 4 signings.

How many signings do you think we need this?

I said 5 or 6 signings plus promoting 4 players into the first team squad from the under 23's  

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Firstly, is Tomasson a coup purely as a manager? He is an appointment that has us all excited and intrigued but it may be premature to consider it a coup at this stage.

Well Gregg Broughton said we got JDT who was speaking to a club that would be playing in Europe this coming season. So some people will see that as a coup

Its a exciting appointment 

Is there any indication that Venkys are bothered? They couldn't be arsed coming to Ewood last season as they said they would. 

Venkys never said they was coming but said they would try to get to a game. which is different to what you are saying. 

We won't have a budget doesn't make sense, a minus £10-15m budget as seen last season is still a budget. And as I've mentioned, the money has very much dried up in the last year. Lets see how much we spend and how much we receive this summer.

Our Director of Football Gregg Broughton have said we have healthy budget for transfer wise. What that is I don't know.

Wage budget will be some room on it now all loan players have gone back and players like Darragh Lenihan, Joe Rothwell, Bradley Johnson have left the club So I would say there is around 2 to 3 million pounds available there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Questionable?

we won’t replace Mowbray with anyone above the likes of a Grayson level!

we won’t have a budget!

we won’t sell 2k season tickets !

we will promote Venus into head coach!

we will not have a decent pitch to play on !

there will be no investment !

we won’t have a sports science department 

venkys are not bothered and have pulled the financial clout ! They have turned the taps off!

This list is not exhaustive but is reflected by commentators on this forum, just go back and have a read and you will see them. There are more like, Benson is shite, Lowe is useless (I agree on this point I may add), Waggot is a clown and doesn't know his arse from his elbow, Pasha is a no mark venkys puppet and so on.

There is a constant air of negativity from so called "hardenend" Rovers supporters, especially on this forum.

Don't get me wrong, the last 12 years have shown incompetence on a grand scale, money frittered away, money going missing, agents at work screwing the club, players stealing a wage aka living, astronomical wages, poor leadership and shocking managerial decisions added to gross incompetence off the park.

Yes there has been a total shit show by the owners of our club which has rightly brought angst, anger, despair, more anger and even rage, it has forced fans away from the club and yet, they remain at the helm, funding the club, holding their debt, paying the wages, sustaining the club through a pandemic and please don't quote other clubs have done the same, just ask Derby fans how they feel about their own club and its current status.

You are wrong to assume Steve Waggot is my friend, so very wrong it is surprising the comment came from you as your posts often come across as being those of a smart person. You don't know me, neither me you, but I am sure we have shared and probably still do, strong feelings about BRFC.

To think that I hang on every word SW says to me is a little disrespectful. I am not one of those who simply listens to his utterings and go away thinking the world is ok in the world of BRFC. I am a little bit more intelligent than perhaps you give me credit for.

Let me enlighten you a little. Before I ventured to Ewood to see him last year, we had exchanged a large number of emails where I had outlined my own concerns and views on BRFC. I was armed with all sorts of research, I spoke with many, some from this forum, exchanged emails, read various accounts, weeded the wheat from the chaff in respect of what was right and what was utter shite, what was the truth rather than speculation, researched SW himself, spoke to Coventry and Charlton fans about him, I listened to his talks on LinkedIn and I spoke to people who have worked with him over 25 years to gauge what kind of person he was going to be when I conversed with him. I must add, that as an experienced investigator and interviewer, I was pretty much armed with everything that I needed.

Before the Cardiff game last season he gave me 3 hours of his time pre match, which in itself showed he actually cared about taking time out to speak to a supporter face to face, man to man before a home game and in which he put me first rather than the Cardiff executives. I know he had taken in various fans forums as well as meeting with other supporters. And this is the best bit, I had actually spoken to some who had attended such meetings just to see if the message was going to be tittle tattle, similar or with or without any foundation - in other words it was to seek out the bullshit.

My first meeting was very well received, I didn't just meet him, I met with other figures at the club.  I learned a lot about him during that meeting and I will say that he was open, brutally honest, told me things perhaps he shouldn't have (and to this date have remained confidential) and told me about the future changes he was beginning to oversee at the club as it began to recover from the covid pandemic. I was shown in black and white, a blue print for the future, how he saw the club in the future and not just for 2023/24 but beyond, the plans by the owners, the plans around Ewood and the future of the Academy. We talked about many things from St sales, the home crowd, the Ewood experience, the community links, commercialism, food and drink inside the ground, the supporters club, communication, The Blues Bar and many other things. Armed with all of my research, I was happy with everything that he said and told me. I didn't suspect nothing apart from a willingness to make BRFC a better experience to to try and right the wrongs of what has gone before.

My next meeting was even better in some respects. I managed to speak to two players, the groundsman, other staff at the ground and two very well respected ex-players who were there before I met with those inside Ewood. Again, armed with everything that I needed added to what we had spoken to before, SW spoke with added enthusiasm about future plans. I saw for my own eyes the developments in the behind the scenes work, I was fully updated with what was happening with recruiting staff in particular the process of finding the new manager. I was given an insight as to how it would be approached and so it proved in the appointments we have seen across the backroom staff.

I might add that I shared my findings with a select few before even mentioning what I had done for two reasons, to see if there was anything to corroborate what I had been told as being factually incorrect and then also to establish just how much, if there was, bullshit had been spouted with a view to placating a concerned fan. Some of those exchanges will forever remain in confidence because I do not want to expose the link that I have to all things at the club!

So, back to your opening gambit. Yes I do think there are times when the club needs defending but let me also say, there are times when the club needs to brought to account and when that is the case, rest assure, I am more than happy to let the club know my feelings which will be consummate with other supporters who have the same concerns.

You can say all the negative things you want about Steve Waggot as he is the CEO. He knows he has to broach and improve communications at the club, he knows he has to engage the home supporters and he damn well knows that he has to seek the balance as regards match ticket/season ticket prices. He is fully aware Ewood needs more than just a lick of paint and he knows more than ever the home fans need an Ewood experience to be proud of. These are all things that we have spoken about and not just him.

Rovers were actually caught by surprise with Mowbray's outburst when he announced his intention of not seeking to speak to the club, they were even further disappointed with comments that were attributed to him in another media publication hence why he found himself on gardening leave and out of pocket! It was at that point, Rovers set about the process of a change of direction for on field activities and now it is all sorted. They knew they were losing three backroom staff and they knew they had to replace and reinvigorate the scouting team set up to go alongside the new model.

He knows there are major issues with fans wanting cheaper tickets and I agree, I am one of them but at the same time there has to be a bit of a reality check on finances when money only goes so far and priorities have to be put in place.

Commercial wise, I would now expect a better service and operation with a new manager in place - it isn't about cut backs as some might claim, it is about progressing the off field activities and making sure the club operates at a better level. Kits are now almost ready for next season and will be released sooner than we have ever seen, the whole aspect of the commercial side is undergoing a full review from the corporate prices, food offers and drinks in corporate facilities and on the concourses. I as well as many others have pointed out that paying £350 for a pie that is as solid as a rock is not value for money especially when you can get two for that price opposite the ground. Charging fans for the Blues Bar entry is so very wrong, the price of a pint is not too bad but could be cheaper if the fans are encouraged to come to the ground, pre match entertainment outside the Blackburn End has shown it will entice supporters to the ground early rather than head to the moorgate where the music puts you off as its too loud for a chat, it is this kind of topic we talked about.

Ticket prices are a must to be targeted and for all sorts of reasons, he understands this and is constantly looking at it although this brief is for the TO manager who has so far failed to listen to fans, I am at a loss why he or the club have failed to responds to the Trust letter with what I consider to have contain some excellent proposals.

I hope that  I have put my POV across as to why I defend the club as I do!

Just a quick reality check on the finances then.

12000 x 250 = 3 million

6000 x 400 = 2.4 million 

Sorry but your mate is a total buffoon at best.

Edited by Upside Down