BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Quite clear to me that Broughton delivered our new coach to the club as the club was still dithering and had already driven others off.

List cut down to 3 and still buggering around.

If Broughton hadn't intervened we would have had another last-minute disaster such as Coyle.

You believe what you want, I believe that's the story.

I agree with every word. I would like to know who sanctioned the headhunters that found Broughton ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I agree with every word. I would like to know who sanctioned the headhunters that found Broughton ?

Good question. Did Swag realise he was totally out of his depth and call in the cavalry himself or was his shit show being observed by someone like Pasha who reported back and they acted round swag. Either way yet another saga that proves our £300k ceo is useless. 

Edited by matt83

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Quite clear to me that Broughton delivered our new coach to the club as the club was still dithering and had already driven others off.

List cut down to 3 and still buggering around.

If Broughton hadn't intervened we would have had another last-minute disaster such as Coyle.

You believe what you want, I believe that's the story.

Dithering? That’s your opinion.

Fact is no one else was offered the job of head coach and as far as I can tell no one has come up trumps with a name of a DOF that was said to be the prime target and as such that will forever remain speculation. 
Whether we accept it or not the cards would appear to have fallen on a positive streak.

People will say SW didn’t sell the club or put people off eg Farke Dyche or whoever there was speculative links to the job. The truth is we are were we are at this point in time.

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For the first time in years, our beloved club has a positive week but you cant tell on here.  On here its lets focus on the negative, lets focus on poor season ticket sales.

Our new management team has brought a truly positive vibe. I dont give a flying fig how that has arrived but there those on here trying to crush it.

Welcome to Greg and JDT.

I would say on here the news of jdt has been met with almost universal positivity. I know I’m in the minority when I say I don’t share the optimism.

He’s still in the very early stages of his managerial career so is an unknown quantity (can his achievements in Sweden be taken too seriously as doing well at Malmö seem to be the equivalent of succeeding at the old firm in Scotland, a 50:50).

He comes with an unquestioned reputation as a player but I personally think it’ll go the way of Philip cocu at derby who arrived with a similar playing pedigree and to a similar fanfare there. Or if in hindsight this guy ultimately turns out to be the real deal as a manager then the Venkys will see to it that he’ll fail at rovers. After 12 years of the Venkys and the clowns they appoint how could I possibly believe anything will be any different.

That said with all that in mind and before a signing has been made or a ball is kicked in anger, am I happy he’s here? Yes I am. He’s already been a breath of fresh air. He has charisma and he couldn’t be further removed from Moggadon in that respect. In the world of the Venkys Blackburn Rovers disaster is never far away.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

That’s just inaccurate and untrue Matty.

Granted, the platform for online ticket sales still doesn’t work as it should, that in itself is diabolical, I agree….feck knows why not, it should be an absolute priority!

Despite the demographics locally and the ‘cost of living crisis’, I get it all, I do believe that our season ticket sales for 22/23 will be the best in terms of numbers for many years and will be in excess of Burnley, North End, Blackpool, Wanderers and Wigan. It was forever thus!

I would be moving heaven and earth to get the on line portal working. There is no excuse for the mess that is and would not take much money to hire a proper IT expert to sort it. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For the first time in years, our beloved club has a positive week but you cant tell on here.  On here its lets focus on the negative, lets focus on poor season ticket sales.

Our new management team has brought a truly positive vibe. I dont give a flying fig how that has arrived but there those on here trying to crush it.

Welcome to Greg and JDT.

Hands up to being one of the main culprits on that score!

On the appointments I’ve not seen such positivity on here for a looonngg time.

Perhaps the mods could move the important but not particularly relevant to this thread ticket discussions to the ST thread?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tricky said:

Made you look... 

at your outlandish reply 😁

I’d prefer Glen over Derek and Agnew. Nothing outlandish about that.

Only one of those had the best interests of the club at heart. He was working for nothing and was the only one putting a shift in.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I would say on here the news of jdt has been met with almost universal positivity. I know I’m in the minority when I say I don’t share the optimism.

He’s still in the very early stages of his managerial career so is an unknown quantity (can his achievements in Sweden be taken too seriously as doing well at Malmö seem to be the equivalent of succeeding at the old firm in Scotland, a 50:50).

He comes with an unquestioned reputation as a player but I personally think it’ll go the way of Philip cocu at derby who arrived with a similar playing pedigree and to a similar fanfare there. Or if in hindsight this guy ultimately turns out to be the real deal as a manager then the Venkys will see to it that he’ll fail at rovers. After 12 years of the Venkys and the clowns they appoint how could I possibly believe anything will be any different.

That said with all that in mind and before a signing has been made or a ball is kicked in anger, am I happy he’s here? Yes I am. He’s already been a breath of fresh air. He has charisma and he couldn’t be further removed from Moggadon in that respect. In the world of the Venkys Blackburn Rovers disaster is never far away.  

Surely there is a positive in this that you've not mentioned, in Greg Broughton being the one who found JDT and got it over the line quickly. Regardless of the short or long term success of JDT it is excellent to have somebody in place to ensure consistency and succession planning. After seeing how swiftly GB moved in bringing JDT in, I'd certainly hope next time we come to look for a new manager, the dithering of the past would be a distant memory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I know he is an unknown quantity and we have had false dawns before but lets live in hope rather than fear!!! 

Yes the club still has its faults but surely there are other threads we can be negative on.

Lets have one positive one for a time.......granted it may not last long.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hands up to being one of the main culprits on that score!

On the appointments I’ve not seen such positivity on here for a looonngg time.

Perhaps the mods could move the important but not particularly relevant to this thread ticket discussions to the ST thread?

I see the common theme here......is it because youre called Matt why you are so negative?

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Surely there is a positive in this that you've not mentioned, in Greg Broughton being the one who found JDT and got it over the line quickly. Regardless of the short or long term success of JDT it is excellent to have somebody in place to ensure consistency and succession planning. After seeing how swiftly GB moved in bringing JDT in, I'd certainly hope next time we come to look for a new manager, the dithering of the past would be a distant memory. 

Absolutely. He’s the only employee at rovers with credit in the bank having actually done something tangibly positive. If it is, as I suspect, from what I’ve read and seen in interviews he was the one who sorted Swag’s shitshow out and appointed somebody. 

But he’ll ultimately be judged by how well his appointment does not the speed and efficiency of the appointment. Under the new structure this will include calibre and success of the players he’s bought in. Tough gig. Hope they all do well but as with jdt I believe the Venkys will get in the way and ruin it. 

• Like 3

Presume that’s a gag, but I’d like anybody to outline how my posts are ever ‘negative’ about Blackburn Rovers? Some of the clowns running it, certainly, but I only ever post from a standpoint of devotion to the club and what is best for it, and how it can improve; a very ‘positive’ mindset.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Not claiming to be an expert on the Allsvenskan,but 3 different teams have won it in the last 5 years so....

• Like 2

Based on the theory that keeping previous coaching staff on as we have with Lowe and Benson is necessary or good because they know the players and club then they will have jobs for life and will never be asked to leave.

In the real world of football that doesn't happen. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Based on the theory that keeping previous coaching staff on as we have with Lowe and Benson is necessary or good because they know the players and club then they will have jobs for life and will never be asked to leave.

In the real world of football that doesn't happen. 

I agree that it's not the way to do things but come on we ain't the only club that does this.It happens regularly that staff are kept on at clubs after the manager departs.

Ferguson at Everton being one.Parkes here and there will be many more coaching staff that have been kept on at other clubs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

Exactly how I see it. Do people think he is the answer or just live in hope that he is? Either way I'll reserve judgement until we at least get to see a few games and the season starts to take shape.

I feel the longer it dragged on and the fear of some washed up or recycled manager getting the gig altered people's mindsets. We appointed someone with a name in football and a bit sexier than a Pardew etc and the relief seems to have led to positivity but JDT is still very untested and unproven. 

I guess most appointments can go either way. You can end up with a Wagner or Ismeal type season or it can go the opposite way completely.

• Like 3