BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

don't like him personally, his antics on the touchline and not his style of play. 

Jones would be the best outcome we could imagine for what these clowns have in store.

Russell Martin, ffs. What a shit replacement he'd be. Goodness knows what second choice is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems a bit of a petty reason to dismiss someone, as much as I dislike him as a person myself, I wouldn't say no if he was the best man for the job, but each to their own.

How is petty that I want Rovers to continue to play a similar style and not have another restart under a different head coach who wants to play a different style. as Ben post below suggested it about continue to play the same style of play whether its JDT or another head coach. Is that so hard to understand

46 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Fans advocating for a manager who plays a similar style to JDT aren't necessarily obsessed with possession based football. 

There's various ways to skin a cat. Jones achieved success at Luton playing a certain way. I think most fans agree Rovers looked more and more comfortable with the style JDT adopted as the season went on. 

I'm personally advocating for a more possession based coach because I don't want to see the hard work the squad have put in scrapped. I want to see continuity. If JDT were to stay I think we'd be a real threat next year. If he doesn't, then I want to see his ideas built upon. That's not because I think possession football is the only way to go, I just think its foolish to throw away what we've been working towards by appointing someone with totally different ideas. You see it time and again in football, where a successful manager isn't the right fit for a new club. This is why I wouldn't want Nathan Jones.

I agree with this post 1000%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How is petty that I want Rovers to continue to play a similar style and not have another restart under a different head coach who wants to play a different style. as Ben post below suggested it about continue to play the same style of play whether its JDT or another head coach. Is that so hard to understand

Ironic that you talk about keeping with the same style yet you were one of Mowbray's biggest backers and he changed style every season.

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

Can't really see Tomasson leaving, but if he did, I'd certainly be asking Solskjaer if he fancied a bash. 

You don't know the answer unless you ask the question. Quality manager, top bloke. 

Really?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with this post 1000%

So why are him as a person and his "antics" relevant?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Most fans don't give a flying feck if we have 30%, 50%, 70% or 90% possession or complete 200, 400, 600 or 800 passes.  They just crave success and want to be in the Premier League.  Let's be blunt, some of JDT's football was boring and cr@p - don't talk about style - and it didn't deliver at the business end of the season with very poor results.

Mercer, as I outlined early today my reasons why I would want the next head coach appointment if JDT was to leave to be a head coach, I would want someone who would play a similar style and formations which I think suits this squad and with the right signings should be top 6 next season. Why ripped us that good work by appointing a head coach who doesn't suit that style seems strange and illogical to me. Plus you done your scouting and research into players that fit into the style of play that you want sign  for it to be rip us all again and start again. 

On JDT, I think he had a good 1st season and I hope he is still here comes 1st game of he season cos I have faith and belief in him delivering the promotion that we all want. I don't know how much of Rovers you watch but we played some good football at times and we were improve game by game but lacked that quality striker. I expected a main number 9 striker will be our 1st signing. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I would rather have a manager who wears his emotion on his sleeve rather than a morose Mowbray type who, IMO, at times, looked and behaved as though he didn't give a toss on the touchline / in the dug out.

If Jones could get us to the PL every single supporter should rejoice including yourself.

I don't believe Jones would fit our football model or structure and playing style. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course his personality comes into it and how he deal with the players. his comments on Sky Sports was a man who is full of BS and thinks he better than he is. 

his antics on the touchline is pathetic. no thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ironic that you talk about keeping with the same style yet you were one of Mowbray's biggest backers and he changed style every season.

Do you not think its time to move on from bloody Mowbray again? its boring as hell. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You literally asked him the question of why he doesn't like Jones. You even said "out of interest"

Why are you now asking him whether the reason he doesn't like him is relevant?

Almost like you just enjoy disagreeing with him............

• Like 4

Wouldn't be against Nathan Jones, not been a fan of his but different when he's on your side. Would create a proper siege mentality, not just flash up fortress ewood on the screen now and then....

Ideal scenario for me though... JDT stays.

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

Ok. And so they thought that asking a guy who lived in Norway would have a detailed  opinion on a Dane managing in Sweden?

Fucking idiots.

MGP probably told then he’d once had a falling out with Warnock on a touchline and didn’t like him.

MGP a very relevant source in that matter - here is one link (and debatable who the idiot is):

MGP: International for Norway between 2004 and 2014 (83 matches).

JDT: Assistant from 2016-2019 to Norwegian Aage Hareide - head coach for Denmark’s national team from 2016-2020.

Aage Hareide: Denmark head coach 2016-2019. Norway (MGP) head coach 2003-2008. Malmo head coach 2014-2015 (took M to Ch League group stage), and interim head coach after JDT quit in 2022 (!).

So the guy who introduced MGP into the Norw national team, and coached him for years there, was also JDT’s boss at Denmark + predecessor and successor at Malmo. Venky’s must be idiots to give MGP a call.

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Knutsen please if JDT goes.

Not going to happen. Here’s a Google translate from local Bodo newspaper summer 2022 re. him:

“Despite the odds: AN's Glimt expert, Freddy Toresen, has very little faith in Knutsen leaving Glimt in favor of Blackburn, - I think the probability of that happening is equal to zero, he says firmly. - Why? - I base that on the collaborative climate between Knutsen and Broughton when they were both in Glimt. There are probably people who have talked more together at Aspmyra [Bodo’s stadium] in recent years than the two of them, says Toresen.”

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't believe Jones would fit our football model or structure and playing style. 

You mean the model, structure and playing style that we have due to JDT being here?

If we need a new manager that means he won’t be here, so probably best just to employ the best we can muster.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You literally asked him the question of why he doesn't like Jones. You even said "out of interest"

Why are you now asking him whether the reason he doesn't like him is relevant?

Almost like you just enjoy disagreeing with him............

I asked why he wouldn't have Jones here, for footballing or personal reasons? He suggested both, justifying it by saying that he would want someone to continue with the same style as JDT to build on his work, which I appreciate even if I don't necessarily agree, but I didn't get why the personal stuff makes a difference if that is the reasoning.

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We haven’t got a playing style that I recognise. The Jansen/Duff/Dunn promotion team had style.

I mean we do have a playing style, but I think the more pertinent question is do we have a Jansen / Duff / Dunn in this team?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Gerrard is a catastrophe as a manager.

Ditto Lampard. 

People skills close to nil.

We'll be throwing Rooney's name in next! Just because these are big names and have been star players does not mean they will succeed as managers. 

There are plenty of ex-managers who demonstrate this so why do we continue to fall for it?

Conversely there are successful managers who never did much as players---Roy Hodgson is an obvious example even though he was a disaster for us!

We need people with the right depth of knowledge to choose the best manager for us, and judging by our record over the last 12 years or so----we haven't got them!

That's why we are so fearful of JDT leaving! What's the odds on us picking a good manager twice in a row?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, OllieNO said:

Not going to happen. Here’s a Google translate from local Bodo newspaper summer 2022 re. him:

“Despite the odds: AN's Glimt expert, Freddy Toresen, has very little faith in Knutsen leaving Glimt in favor of Blackburn, - I think the probability of that happening is equal to zero, he says firmly. - Why? - I base that on the collaborative climate between Knutsen and Broughton when they were both in Glimt. There are probably people who have talked more together at Aspmyra [Bodo’s stadium] in recent years than the two of them, says Toresen.”

Is this a recurring theme with Gregg then ?