BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

16 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Kaninski was sold because we needed to bring money in, (useless owners).

Unfortunately, our DOF brought in a young replacement ,based on this fantasy of selling every player for a profit.

Not worked out well, has it.

Maybe we will sell Leo in Jan?! Here's being hopeful

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

To suggest you can’t stop a player leaving is absolutely ludicrous.

Well, of course you can force someone to stay if they have a contract. But by doing so, you’ll:

Disconnect all your other players - ‘they didn’t let X leave when a premier league club came in, so they won’t let me either if one comes in’

Upset the player you’re forcing to stay, likely leading to knock on effects ie refusing to play, faking injuries, going against the manager. Premier League wages are much more than we can offer and the opportunity to gain a big move increases by playing PL football.

Ruin your chances of signing other players - I saw what you did with Y and I don’t want the same to happen to my career. 

The player will just leave for free when their contract runs out.

The reason nobody does it is because the cons outweigh the pros. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

He had a point though. Don't get me wrong he should have saved it comfortably but Brittain and Moran were almost as culpable as neither tried to close the Huddersfield player down. And that was a snapshot of the match, a match where I haven't seen so many collective and individual errors from our team in a long time.

Of all the individual errors, that was king clanger.

Guys let's remember that all these players such as Wharton etc wouldn't have extended their contract all recently if it weren't for JDT or if they didn't have faith in JDT. He is not the problem. 

Have to remember last season that players like JRC came through under him and got us so many points but we don't have him fit at the moment. He got Dolan playing well now he is injured. He even got Gally looking good for a period before he got injured. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh I agree pal. Someone else mentioned earlier they think he's lost the dressing room. You see what we've got left, the likes of Samir and leo and I'd be apologising for their performances as well 

He hasn’t lost the dressing room. He’s just got a mixture of inexperienced and mediocre to poor players. Also the few decent players we have are either fatigued, coming back from injury, or injured. Dolan was just hitting form when he got injured and JRC is a big loss.

Having no decent strikers to bring in and a dodgy inexperienced keeper doesn’t help too.

• Like 4

JRC, Hedges, Dolan, Pears and Gallagher out and you’d say they’re all either starters or are challenging those ahead of them every day in training. 

I was watching on my phone while out in Clitheroe y’day, so fair to say I was distracted, but I think it’s difficult to place too much blame on the players. Didn’t look up for it at all and the bare minimum is effort. Anything less than maximum effort is an insult to your supporters and inexcusable.

Some players losing their place on merit, others keeping it in spite of poor performances (Moran is visibly exhausted, everything about his game has fallen away and he needs a rest).

It’s true that our style is stubborn but I don’t think we can implement an entirely new system overnight.

I hope the players get a bollocking, I would expect JDT to be the kind of manager that can dole one out in his own way.

I still think JDT is right for the job. Those calling for a change are justifiable in doing so, but I don’t think it’s close to as bad as is being made out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, booth said:

He hasn’t lost the dressing room. He’s just got a mixture of inexperienced and mediocre to poor players. Also the few decent players we have are either fatigued, coming back from injury, or injured. Dolan was just hitting form when he got injured and JRC is a big loss.

Having no decent strikers to bring in and a dodgy inexperienced keeper doesn’t help too.

Yeh exactly. I don't think he has lost the dressing room hence my above point about all the contract renewals lately. We need our full strength team back firstly but we also need some investment which isn't likely. 

"Having no decent strikers to bring in and a dodgy inexperienced keeper doesn’t help too."

I agree. Even with pears it was bad but Leo is awful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh exactly. I don't think he has lost the dressing room hence my above point about all the contract renewals lately. We need our full strength team back firstly but we also need some investment which isn't likely. 

"Having no decent strikers to bring in and a dodgy inexperienced keeper doesn’t help too."

I agree. Even with pears it was bad but Leo is awful. 

Shockingly awful. I was hoping his earlier mistakes were due to him not being fully settled. But yesterday the penny finally dropped. We’ll drop a lot more points if we persist.

And the alternative is Pears 😩

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, booth said:

Shockingly awful. I was hoping his earlier mistakes were due to him not being fully settled. But yesterday the penny finally dropped. We’ll drop a lot more points if we persist.

And the alternative is Pears 😩

I know man, I thought the same 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Of all the individual errors, that was king clanger.

No argument from me on his howler but pretty much every player yesterday has to ask themselves about their performances and unenforced errors. Too many were insipid and didn't seem to want to accept responsibility. The body language of far too many told it's own story for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Well, of course you can force someone to stay if they have a contract. But by doing so, you’ll:

Disconnect all your other players - ‘they didn’t let X leave when a premier league club came in, so they won’t let me either if one comes in’

Upset the player you’re forcing to stay, likely leading to knock on effects ie refusing to play, faking injuries, going against the manager. Premier League wages are much more than we can offer and the opportunity to gain a big move increases by playing PL football.

Ruin your chances of signing other players - I saw what you did with Y and I don’t want the same to happen to my career. 

exactly Josh. People are living in the past where clubs hold the cards now the players do

30 minutes ago, Hasta said:

JDT is the right manager in the wrong situation. With shite recruitment, thin squad and numerous injuries, we would currently be better with a manager who isn't so one-dimensional tactic-wise.

who would this so called manager been then? 

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Kaninski was sold because we needed to bring money in, (useless owners).

Unfortunately, our DOF brought in a young replacement ,based on this fantasy of selling every player for a profit.

Not worked out well, has it.

Kaminski was sold cos a PL club wanted him who could pay bigger wages and offer him what he want PL football. 

On Wahlstedt, we scouted him for months and he was our first choice to replace Kaminski. Also far too many people are writing him off already. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who would this so called manager been then? 

Someone who when you are losing by a single goal  in two high-profile home games doesn’t let his team spend the last 30 seconds passing it from defender to defender in your own half only for the referee to blow the final whistle.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Someone who when you are losing by a single goal  in two high-profile home games doesn’t let his team spend the last 30 seconds passing it from defender to defender in your own half only for the referee to blow the whistle.

any names? 

If Telalovic was on the pitch or you push Hill up front then I could the reason to play it long but with Wharton and Sigurdsson on the pitch surely we should be trying to work the ball into the box or down the channels for a crosses

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any names? 

If Telalovic was on the pitch or you push Hill up front then I could the reason to play it long but with Wharton and Sigurdsson on the pitch surely we should be trying to work the ball into the box or down the channels for a crosses

But when there’s 30 seconds left and you have a free kick on the half way line just put your centre halves front and try and hit them. We had 95 minutes to play football and against both Watford and Preston we’d managed 1 goal in both games (not from any crosses as we tend not to cross). To be instructed to keep the ball in your own half and try and pass through so late in the game is stubbornly stupid. And yet both games ended with the crowd urging them to launch it and us passing around getting our stats up.

Its a bit of a trivial point in the grand scheme of thing, but it’s an indication of the stubbornness of the way we play.

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Of course it might not be a good idea to do so but other posters, unlike you, were stating it as an absolute fact.

The interesting thing (well to me anyway!)  with TK was no one (on here, and to the best of my recollection) was suggesting he was wanting to move to a PL club until the move had actually happened. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

On Wahlstedt, we scouted him for months and he was our first choice to replace Kaminski. Also far too many people are writing him off already. 

and that is the big worry!

We scouted him for months and no one saw the chinks in his armoury!?!?  Feck me, what do our scouts look at!?!?

As far writing him off too early - my goodness, I would not expect a Northern Premier League keeper to make some of the howlers Leo has made.  I think Pears is 'rank', and I was desperate for Leo to succeed, but Leo takes  'rank' to an even lower level.  IMO, the lad simply hasn't got what it takes to be a good Championship keeper and never will.

As for our recruitment department, based on their recruitment so far, I think they are a crock of sh1te and I'd sack the feckin lot of them along with Broughton.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski was sold cos a PL club wanted him who could pay bigger wages and offer him what he want PL football. 

I agree that it is difficult to keep a player once a Premier League club becomes interested.

However, we know from previous experience than Venkys can be stubborn b*ggers when they want to be, (which has been more of a hindrance than a help).

It was widely reported at the time that we needed a sale to balance the books.

There were a few possible candidates, but Luton met our valuation, so Kaminski ended up being the one.

Whether or not Wahlstedt  was our first choice we will never know, but he met the model of trying to “add value “ (sigh).

I think the plan was probably to have Pears as first choice for a good while, but you need two decent, oven ready keepers at this level of football.

Being generous, like a few of players who have played for the first team this season, Wahlstedt isn’t ready, should’ve been a work in progress and third choice, at best.

They wanted Kaminski gone. It was the 'project' in action. Signed for a few hundred grand a few years ago, improved, offers come in for millions from a PL side.

They saw an opportunity to get another senior player on the wrong side of 25 out of the door, get their hands on a few million and spend a fraction of it on another 'project' replacement. The intention was clearly to roll with Pears for the time being, who came to their rescue last season by surprising everyone with his competency when Kaminski was out injured. 

The only aim and ambition at this football club. Unfortunately a large number of supporters are fully subscribed and signed up to it and think that is what being a non-PL club is these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

They wanted Kaminski gone. It was the 'project' in action. Signed for a few hundred grand a few years ago, improved, offers come in for millions from a PL side.

They saw an opportunity to get another senior player on the wrong side of 25 out of the door, get their hands on a few million and spend a fraction of it on another 'project' replacement. The intention was clearly to roll with Pears for the time being, who came to their rescue last season by surprising everyone with his competency when Kaminski was out injured. 

The only aim and ambition at this football club. Unfortunately a large number of supporters are fully subscribed and signed up to it and think that is what being a non-PL club is these days. 

Kaminski wanted to go and made it clear he wanted to go. They dug their heels in for more money and got some of it. Selling kaminski to a prem team isn't the issue here for me.