BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Has Neil Warnock definitely retired?

Unless something drastic happens (eg one of our forwards starts scoring, one or two of our defenders start defending, or one of our goalkeepers stops leaking soft goals) this mon will be sacked before the end of January. 

No, Warnock has always said that he would take another job if something came his way.

Not sure he would consider Rovers though given he was once given the job verbally, only for the club to change tact and appoint Coyle instead.....plus it likely goes against the clubs strategy. If JDT was to go then the likelihood is that we'd bring someone in from Scandinavia due to GB's connections over there.

Were stuck between a rock and a hard place. JDT is a good coach and earlier in the season Rovers played some of the best football I've seen them play in years...but that now seems a long time ago. Not many managers / head coaches survive this kind of run of form unless you're Wayne Rooney at Birmingham....or you're employed by Venky's. Mowbray certainly had a couple of runs like this in his time at Rovers. Isn't JDT's contract up in the summer? If that's the case then I can see the owners simply waiting for it to run down. The only way I can see JDT getting sacked realistically is if we were to slip into the relegation zone at any point.

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Has Neil Warnock definitely retired?

Unless something drastic happens (eg one of our forwards starts scoring, one or two of our defenders start defending, or one of our goalkeepers stops leaking soft goals) this mon will be sacked before the end of January. 

He is the man , let him wheel and deal not Broughton....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No chance. We had all this through TM’s death spirals. They won’t be sacking anyone under contract.

How have we landed such monumentally useless owners for so long? 

They won't sack anyone under contract? (I agree with you but it's just beyond bizarre) you can't run a football club like that.

They desperately need to put the club up for sale and see if there are any takers. 

Venkys are stunningly crap owners, how can they see it any other way?

2 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

No, Warnock has always said that he would take another job if something came his way.

Not sure he would consider Rovers though given he was once given the job verbally, only for the club to change tact and appoint Coyle instead.....plus it likely goes against the clubs strategy. If JDT was to go then the likelihood is that we'd bring someone in from Scandinavia due to GB's connections over there.

Were stuck between a rock and a hard place. JDT is a good coach and earlier in the season Rovers played some of the best football I've seen them play in years...but that now seems a long time ago. Not many managers / head coaches survive this kind of run of form unless you're Wayne Rooney at Birmingham....or you're employed by Venky's. Mowbray certainly had a couple of runs like this in his time at Rovers. Isn't JDT's contract up in the summer? If that's the case then I can see the owners simply waiting for it to run down. The only way I can see JDT getting sacked realistically is if we were to slip into the relegation zone at any point.

I know Mowbray had the famous ‘death spirals’ but I’m not sure even his teams consistently shipped 3 and 4 goals in games in the way that JDT’s teams have. It has happened on such a regular basis during this mon’s tenure. And it seems to be getting more frequent. And against pretty poor sides as well. 

Most successful managers/coaches get the defence right first. 

On whether JDT will be sacked or not - I reckon if we were to lose these two coming home games he will be gone.

He really, really wouldn’t be. Who’s sacking him? GB? Swag? Suhail will get his compo signed off, will he, when they wouldn’t even allow a free transfer centre half this summer due to cost? ‘He’s got a contract hasn’t he?’.

13 years and people still talk like this is a normal club with a normal board and owners.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I know Mowbray had the famous ‘death spirals’ but I’m not sure even his teams consistently shipped 3 and 4 goals in games in the way that JDT’s teams have. It has happened on such a regular basis during this mon’s tenure. And it seems to be getting more frequent. And against pretty poor sides as well. 

On whether JDT will be sacked or not - I reckon if we were to lose these two coming home games he will be gone.

You think a manager closer to the play offs than the relegation spots is going to be sacked, when they have the budget of a bottom 3 side?

• Like 3

We have the worst owners in the entire game. They will not sack anyone unless it get really dire.

JDT is by far the best manager we've seen under their tenure but he's not doing the basics. He needs to just sort out the defence. Even if we have a couple of boring 0-0 games that will instill some confidence. 

To do any of that though there needs to be pressure from above and there will never be any of that here.

He's also been royally shafted. Lied to about what his job here was and had the rug pulled from under his feet on numerous occasions from those above. I'm amazed he stayed on after the summer transfer window shenanigans. 

We have owners that put a stop to a FREE transfer of an experienced player, something we desperately needed. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that the same sort of thing happened last January also. 

Venkys either need to sell this club or shut it down. There is no point in the club existing in this current state and all they are doing is running our exceptional history into the ground.

If you support Venkys in any way you do not support Blackburn Rovers. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

29th November we beat Birmingham to make it 6 wins in 8 and this place was paying homage to the bloke as the second coming.

29th December many of the same folk now want him sacked.

Game of opinions and all that but I base mine on more than one shit month when we have a squad that’s been left to get into this state.

Steve Cooper's imminent. We're going up!

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

29th November we beat Birmingham to make it 6 wins in 8 and this place was paying homage to the bloke as the second coming.

Game of opinions and all that but I base mine on more than one shit month when we have a squad that’s been left to get into this state.

I’m still in the keep him camp but the signs are worrying.

I understand he’s been dealt a shit hand (understatement alert!) but something needs to change.

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tomasson has enough about him to keep our heads above water.

Another shit month though, and the 10 point cushion could then be 5.

But then it's too late to do much about it.

• Backroom

The only way JDT leaves is if he walks, and whilst I wouldn't blame him at this point, I don't think anything like that is imminent.

We'll get on another decent run eventually, as always eventually happens. Might even get back to within a sniff of the playoffs before falling short as is customary. More than likely I think we'll just finish lower mid-table this year, which will be an achievement considering the clowns operating and owning the club leaving us with a threadbare squad and a wage budget rivalling Plymouth and Rotherham. 

It's not impossible for us to run into major problems this season, but I'm mostly fearful about how horrific next season is likely to be unless a miracle happens and Venky's sell up. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We have the worst owners in the entire game. They will not sack anyone unless it get really dire.

JDT is by far the best manager we've seen under their tenure but he's not doing the basics. He needs to just sort out the defence. Even if we have a couple of boring 0-0 games that will instill some confidence. 

To do any of that though there needs to be pressure from above and there will never be any of that here.

He's also been royally shafted. Lied to about what his job here was and had the rug pulled from under his feet on numerous occasions from those above. I'm amazed he stayed on after the summer transfer window shenanigans. 

We have owners that put a stop to a FREE transfer of an experienced player, something we desperately needed. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that the same sort of thing happened last January also. 

Venkys either need to sell this club or shut it down. There is no point in the club existing in this current state and all they are doing is running our exceptional history into the ground.

If you support Venkys in any way you do not support Blackburn Rovers. 

Here here 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Spot on!! 

Guys look at our squad. Before injuries it wasn't ideal.

Despite that he has got Sammie scoring 15 goals. 

It will get better 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamst said:

JDT has mentioned it several times. Our lack of ambition is holding us back and creating a malaise amongst everyone at the club including the fans. You just cannot have a club/business strategy that aims for mediocrity. It’s a recipe for disaster and Waggot’s comments are really coming home to roost now. JDT should be under pressure at this point and I suspect he would like that. Instead we have apathy from the club hierarchy. Not having much money is not an excuse for aiming for mediocrity…it might be an excuse for being mediocre, but the intention should always be to achieve. I doubt Luton had such lowly expectations last season despite their meagre wage budget. This isn’t just a football thing either, in any walk of life you should aim high and to aim low will result in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

‘A man’s reach should exceed his grasp or what’s a heaven for?’

(Browning)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How do you get a defence right when you can't bring in any players and your decent ones are injured or unfit?

He won't get sacked. The two seasons we ended up 15th under Mowbray tells you all you need to know. And he spent money!

10 minutes ago, Gamst said:

JDT has mentioned it several times. Our lack of ambition is holding us back and creating a malaise amongst everyone at the club including the fans. You just cannot have a club/business strategy that aims for mediocrity. It’s a recipe for disaster and Waggot’s comments are really coming home to roost now. JDT should be under pressure at this point and I suspect he would like that. Instead we have apathy from the club hierarchy. Not having much money is not an excuse for aiming for mediocrity…it might be an excuse for being mediocre, but the intention should always be to achieve. I doubt Luton had such lowly expectations last season despite their meagre wage budget. This isn’t just a football thing either, in any walk of life you should aim high and to aim low will result in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Luton also spent years gradually building up to that point too. With two very good Championship strikers in their squad.