BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

14 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I wonder if he also gets told who to play?

Wasn’t it confirmed that Moran and Hill agreements included gaurantees of gametime?

Not sure if it was literal or that there were severe financial penalties if they didn’t play…

I suspect he resolved to hang around despite being made a fool of last summer, partly through a sense of responsibility, partly wanting to see it through and probably also because he was led to believe the issues were temporary and would be resolved soon.

There were a few on here saying it was a temporary issue that would get resolved. Well it's been going on for nearly a year now and it's clear they don't see an end in sight.

JDT is probably realising he's been completely strung along here by people who actually have no real idea what is happening or if/when it will get sorted.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Assuming this window goes as badly as the last two, it'll be three windows in a row where he's watched the side stagnate or get weaker whilst he's been here. At some point he'll get tired of pushing the boulder up a hill that continues to get steeper and leave. You'd think he'll have to consider his reputation at some point, particularly considering our current form and the amount of goals we're conceding. As an inexperienced manager he needs help, and he doesn't have any. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Confirmed by who ?

That is what I am trying to remember - if it was GB, JDT or someone else (Waggot??). 
I remember similar claims regarding Morton were dismissed as incorrect - which is why I was surprised until our true financial position became evident 

2 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

That is what I am trying to remember - if it was GB, JDT or someone else (Waggot??). 
I remember similar claims regarding Morton were dismissed as incorrect - which is why I was surprised until our true financial position became evident 

I think these sorts of claims tend to come from posters on this website with no evidence to support them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

100%

He's definitely the best manager we’ve had under the Venkys and I hope we don’t lose him for non-football reasons. Results need to improve but I don’t lay much blame with him. Nobody else could succeed at our club with players not being replaced and no investment. 

I wonder what his relationship with Broughton is like?

My money would be on not great.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

Assuming this window goes as badly as the last two, it'll be three windows in a row where he's watched the side stagnate or get weaker whilst he's been here. At some point he'll get tired of pushing the boulder up a hill that continues to get steeper and leave. You'd think he'll have to consider his reputation at some point, particularly considering our current form and the amount of goals we're conceding. As an inexperienced manager he needs help, and he doesn't have any. 

I am genuinely amazed he is still here.

He'll have to look at resigning soon just for the sake of his reputation. 

He's been completely lied to from the beginning. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

He is definitely seriously pissed off. 
We badly need a win tomorrow, because something will give quite soon.

I suspect , something will give tomorrow especially if Huddersfield score first ....

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I am genuinely amazed he is still here.

He'll have to look at resigning soon just for the sake of his reputation. 

He's been completely lied to from the beginning. 

I genuinely thought he'd leave after the amateur-hour debacle last January, most likely in the summer after we missed out on the playoffs. Have to admit I'm also surprised he's still here. Fair play to him for sticking it out, but it's obvious to everyone now that this isn't getting and won't get any better. You have to think it can only be professional pride keeping him here. 

2 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

I don’t think he has much input into signings and I got a real sense of frustration on his behalf when reading his comments on transfers up until now. In his latest interview he won’t discuss transfers which indicates to me that he has been told to toe the line. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24061770.truth-behind-jutkiewicz-links-tomasson-stays-tight-lipped/

He seems pissed off (again) in this interview and I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t in charge at the end of the season for one reason or another. 

He has input into signings and whether we sign them or not. 

He probably fed up keep repeating the same old comments week in week out

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Wasn’t it confirmed that Moran and Hill agreements included gaurantees of gametime?

Not sure if it was literal or that there were severe financial penalties if they didn’t play…

confirmed by who? 

I've not seen any stories related to this sort of comments

54 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Morton played alot last season cos JDT picked him cos he did what he wanted for the team. Nothing to do with BS about having to play so many games or minutes 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think these sorts of claims tend to come from posters on this website with no evidence to support them.

Usually yes and then eventually disproved or categorically denied by the club (as with Morton).
That is what stuck in my mind but it could just be my memory playing tricks and is just a post in here without basis in fact

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

JDT resign? I'd make these clowns (V + SW) pay me off. I'd also make sure every media outlet knows my narrative.

Exactly this - he won't walk away and be out of pocket.

If he does leave before the end of his contract, some kind of mutual agreement would be most likely (so he gets a pay off).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has input into signings and whether we sign them or not. 

He probably fed up keep repeating the same old comments week in week out

Yeah he probably has some say but I’m beginning to think it’s minimal. He’s practically begging “the club” to not sell Gallagher which implies that the decision won’t be his to make. It’s all conjecture on our behalf although one thing I am sure of is that managers never get bored of repeating the same old comments week after week!

• Like 1

Got to love this guy sometimes. He calls it out

"The project has changed totally. Now, there are still days left so we should give the club the chance to bring players in.

"We need players with experience and goal-scorers. It hasn't changed. "It will be exciting, I am looking forward to this week. I am excited to see what the club can bring in."

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Got to love this guy sometimes. He calls it out

"The project has changed totally. Now, there are still days left so we should give the club the chance to bring players in.

"We need players with experience and goal-scorers. It hasn't changed. "It will be exciting, I am looking forward to this week. I am excited to see what the club can bring in."

I’ve just read that article and the clear subtext is “get it sorted”.

Oh dear! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

I’ve just read that article and the clear subtext is “get it sorted”.

Oh dear! 

I recommend watching the interview on rovers TV. He calls it out. He is so clear. It is very much us Vs them. Great way to get the fans behind him. He is so blatant 

• Like 3