BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

it matters not one iota who are next manager is,if he starts winning games then he`ll be obstructed to the point of resigning,personally i think they`ll go for another mowbray type,one who is`nt likely to threaten the top six,keeps his mouth shut and just keeps picking up his wages

• Like 5

Just now, nbdrovers said:

anybody reading glen's tweets about a fans and players meeting today? reeks of the dressing room is totally done with jdt and is desperate to grind out some results to me.

The dressing room were pissed off with the higher ups, not the coaches. Whether that's changed I don't know.

That meeting seemed cynical to me. I just hope the players realised the anger is towards the reckless and stubborn owners.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t blame him,you can`t work in an envirament like we have

sold the false promise ,just like lambert,have anyone noticed whenever we look to be assembling a decent side,our esteemed owners stop the funding and start selling players or in mowbrays case let them leave for free and that lewis o`brien was a fit up,we`de have most likely been in the plays offs with him in the side,but we can`t be getting promoted,it might start unearthing some venky fraud imo

finally a kindred soul

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The conclusion has to be that Venky's don't want promotion.  Our 2 big chances to go up in recent seasons, under Mowbray and Tomasson, and the funding was never there to give us that final push into the playoffs.

I think it suits them for Rovers to be out of the top flight, where the glare of publicity and worldwide attention that the Premier League receives would cast a spotlight on the owners and their "activities".  I still maintain Rovers as a club have for the past decade been used as a money laundering (tax dodging) vehicle by Venkys

im`e beginning to come round to that train of thought myself

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Oliver Kay is a former Times football writer. Big name, good contacts. You'd hope he might provide some insight 

He’s always been good with us. Hopefully he can help to highlight our plight once again, in addition to putting focus on the shower of shit we have owning us. 

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, booth said:

The dressing room were pissed off with the higher ups, not the coaches. Whether that's changed I don't know.

That meeting seemed cynical to me. I just hope the players realised the anger is towards the reckless and stubborn owners.

totally. but the section about being desperate to win "no matter how ugly" feels pretty telling to me re the players and the tactics they've been playing.

2 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

What's this? CCTV of a recent emergency-meeting?

it appeared on twitter just after glen started tweeting the general minutes of the fan/ "senior players council" meeting this afternoon. (seriously, do we actually have a "senior players council"???)

Edited by nbdrovers

Just now, nbdrovers said:

totally. but the section about being desperate to win "no matter how ugly" feels pretty telling to me re the players and the tactics they've been playing.

Whoever said that will be sacked next week if Mrs Desai hears about it. That's the Rao's orders, play attractive football and develop players.

That's why the coward with the beard who knew that we were having the budget massively reduced, hasn't told the owners that's what we need to do. So you've got a coach who has been brought in at cross purposes, and a CEO who doesn't want to upset the apple cart with his paymasters.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Imagine if they bring their old Friend Steve k****

Fortunately in employment, and we don't hire employed managers.

If he resigns in the next few days though...

Sad that it had to end like this for JDT. Both arguments hold true, in that he has been let down by those above him, leaving him trying to pull off heroics with a weak squad.

It is also true that he hasn't adapted his tactics, when he could have done, to get us away from relegation danger. He isn't the man for a relegation scrap, so a parting of ways is the right move.

Lee Bowyer was my initial thought as the next man in, but he appears to be happy with his own project, trying to get Montserrat to a World Cup. I think this is likely to be Garry Monk or Alex Neil up next. No compo for either as they are without a club.

I wouldn't put it past this lot to do something ridiculous though, like pay compo to get Woodgate here, out of his assistant coaching role at Boro.

• Like 4