BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

6 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I say "not a huge loss" on the face of it because we ultimately have zero clue how much influence he actually has. He may have brought JDT to the club in the first place but as time has passed and the financial situation has become apparent, how much influence will he have on the next appointment? I don't know, and neither do you.

A fair point!

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Haven't followed his fortunes since he retired as a player. What success has he had that you think this?

Done a more than decent job at Shelbourne last couple of seasons. Think they won a cup last season beating big rivals St Patrick's. Not sure he's ready for this circus though, don't want his reputation with the fans ruined.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

If he is going I wonder who replaces him?

You would think given the shambolic nature of the last 6 months that Broughton has a list but we should never under estimate the clubs ability to be incompetent.

For sure, it will be someone out of work, they won't pay compensation to anyone.

John Eustace a decent shout for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

"Swift action" scares me in that:

a - sounds very much like panic stations; and 

b - we don't function well under pressure, as per the last 2 Jan deadline days.  They HAVE to get this right, there's no margin for error. 

That was a solid article in the Mirror too, gave a good recent potted history of the last 18 months.

100%.

"Swift action". Don't make me laugh. They haven't got anything right over the course of 13 years, let alone when they need to act decisively.

It's either an internal promotion i.e. Johnson, or some desperado that Suhail/Waggott have got on board.

All aboard the train to League 1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Oh Jesus christ 😳 

How about Broughton as CEO in place of maggot ? 

Bring in Jason Wilcox from Southampton as DOF ( should have approached him last time)

I know there's no chance but you can only try 

8 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Done a more than decent job at Shelbourne last couple of seasons. Think they won a cup last season beating big rivals St Patrick's. Not sure he's ready for this circus though, don't want his reputation with the fans ruined.

Not a cat in hells chance, Duff is extremely forthright and doesn’t suffer fools, he would be gone within the first month.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

How about Broughton as CEO in place of maggot ? 

Bring in Jason Wilcox from Southampton as DOF ( should have approached him last time)

I know there's no chance but you can only try 

Why would Wilcox have any interest in leaving a team on their way back to the PL to join the raging bin fire that is Rovers

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Why would Wilcox have any interest in leaving a team on their way back to the PL to join the raging bin fire that is Rovers

Emotional pull ? Local lad ? Who knows but if you don't ask....

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

I reckon they’ll appoint someone with links to the club and try to get the fans on side.

Someone like David Dunn or Callum Davidson.

Only the biggest of simpletons would be placated by Dunn's appointment.

As thick as two short planks and a car crash of a managerial career.

It will either be an internal appointment (cheap) or a desperado (cheap).

Either will simply be grateful for the job and tow the party line, (to League One).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Either will simply be grateful for the job and tow the party line, (to League One).

Hopefully they won't end up being anointed as a saint like the last dick head dolloper that took over when we were last in this position. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

People said Stuart McCall was at the game Saturday, so wouldn't be surprised.

9 minutes ago, Polky said:

I reckon they’ll appoint someone with links to the club and try to get the fans on side.

Someone like David Dunn or Callum Davidson.

Not a chance. Might as well give it to Damien Johnson then, he'll have a better shot as he'll probably be caretaker anyway.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jones_rover said:

There's potentially going to be no one left...

Head of finance left in December, Finance Director supposedly retiring imminently.

Broughton may not be the best, but I certainly don't have him on the same level as Venkys / Suhail / Waggott.

I don't think we can afford to lose all our finance team AND JDT AND Broughton. Who's going to hold everything together, Waggott?!

I think if they all went en bloc that would be a good thing and force the owners hand. Someting as radical as that would get all the media outlets interested.  Everything needs to be brought to a head sooner rather than later otherwise we will go through these crises again and again. A new broom is needed from top to bottom. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

"Swift action" scares me in that:

a - sounds very much like panic stations; and 

b - we don't function well under pressure, as per the last 2 Jan deadline days.  They HAVE to get this right, there's no margin for error. 

That was a solid article in the Mirror too, gave a good recent potted history of the last 18 months.

It's sound to me that Damien Johnson and Mike Sheron will take over as interim head coach and assistant with Lowe, Rosen and Benson being part of the staff. 

Think we look to appoint a new head coach before the PNE game.

Also.expect Silvester to go before the weekend if McGuire transfer doesn't happen

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I think if they all went en bloc that would be a good thing and force the owners hand. Someting as radical as that would get all the media outlets interested.  Everything needs to be brought to a head sooner rather than later otherwise we will go through these crises again and again. A new broom is needed from top to bottom. 

We need to hold their feet to the fire.

More important than anything is we need a media blitz of the facts about the Raos and how they've destroyed this club.