BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Got visions of Eustace walking around JDT's car with a clipboard , pointing out scratches and dings before accepting the keys, and JDT Awaiting a black cab to pick him up

Eustace will be in a hotel somewhere.

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Got visions of Eustace walking around JDT's car with a clipboard , pointing out scratches and dings before accepting the keys, and JDT Awaiting a black cab to pick him up

Jon: "Hey I like you John, I enjoy these chats, well for sure I drove the car with intensity, with passion, I think that's what we all want don't we?"

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

As an aside - the politics will be different at international level, but I think he’ll suit the role and do well.

Think it's a weird move for a supposedly ambitious manager at his age. With the best will in the world it's a struggle for Sweden to even qualify for tournaments these days, let alone do anything in any. Should have stuck around in England and backed himself to get to the Prem with a better run Championship club than ours.

Edited by danger19_80

17 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We did lose a lot of players in summer, but is it as bad as people make out?

Kaminski - preferred Pears

Diaz - fair enough, big miss for us

Dack - didn't really fancy him

Morton - a godsend as it meant we picked Wharton 

Ayala - permanently injured

The problem is none of them were replaced well enough. Kaminski was replaced with Wahlstedt & I think everyone would agree that he is significant downgrade. Diaz no one has come close to replacing, I supposed Sigurdsson is supposed to be the replacement but it is hard to envisage him scoring the same amount of goals. Dack still featured in 33 games last season and when he was let go I'm sure the manager was hoping that he would be replaced with a better player given his wage but in reality he hasn't been replaced at all, I mean just look at the attacking options to bring off the bench last week.

Ayala started half our league games last season and was by far our most experienced defender, we kept 9 clean sheets in the games he started and only 5 in the games he didn't (and in one of those he came on as sub), in the summer his experience at the back was not replaced. Midfield was an area that we were light in last season losing Morton, loaning out Buckley and only bringing in Tronstad has only served to make us even lighter in there.

17 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

The complete lack of striker has been a real pain point, but the regression has been absolutely alarming. And whilst JDT hasn't been backed, didn't we spend nigh on £4m for Szmodics and Hyam combined? Absolutely great buys for the money but a decent fighting fund compared to anything since 2019 (which is a comment in itself). So whilst he didn't get to blow £6m on Gally, it was actually the most we had spent in a summer for 3 years.

The problem was he was given numerous players he clearly didn't rate. Also whilst not backed so much in transfer fees Mowbray was well backed the Covid season in terms of the wages that must have been shelled out for loan players. The likes of Douglas, Elliott, Tyrbull, Branthwaite and Harwood-Bellis won't have come cheap. Also just naming those names look at the drop in quality of the loan player we are brining in.

17 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Nah he'll be at big Stevie's house, eating the leftovers from that fateful night in January "let's not waste a good biryani John" 

Well he's not at The Avenue otherwise someone would have leaked the CCTV.

• Like 5