BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't sack him myself but actually make 2 or 3 good January signings that will keep them up. Messing around sacking him right now is wasting time and Everton need signings in attacking areas not more mess and disruption to the club. Massive problem at the club in all areas of the club. 

After watching their game at West Ham last night on Sky Sports at 8.30pm, I felt that Lampard went too defensively with his starting 11 and I would have gone with attacking team with Gordon in the 10 role with Gray and McNeil Wide. Plus Holgate in centre midfield for Gueye. Plus Dropped Mina for Gordon and go 4-2-3-1. 

You clearly are too far gone in regards to defending him and are just doing it to save face.

I would hardly call sacking a clearly incompetent manager "more mess and disruption to the club."

If they had any sense, they would sack Lampard and get Dyche in.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You clearly are too far gone in regards to defending him and are just doing it to save face.

save face? do you really think that matters to me cos I can tell it doesn't. If I am wrong then I wrong as I have no problem in admitting it. Doesn't bothered me one bit. I have my opinions and I will stand by them

I would hardly call sacking a clearly incompetent manager "more mess and disruption to the club."

They are in mess largely by keep sacking and hiring new managers season after season meaning in more transfers and money spent with any clear strategy or plan from owner or board. Its been a mess there for a number of years. Sacking another manager won't solved the overall issues there

If they had any sense, they would sack Lampard and get Dyche in.

That's fine if that your opinion

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If it keeps them up when they are a year away from moving into a new stadium then it’s obviously going to solve a lot of problems in the medium term.

I think that argument -or something along those lines - has been used about 6 or 7 times in the last 7 or 8 years. There has to be a point where you give the man you have a chance - if your strategy changes every year it means you don't have a stategy at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think that argument -or something along those lines - has been used about 6 or 7 times in the last 7 or 8 years. There has to be a point where you give the man you have a chance - if your strategy changes every year it means you don't have a stategy at all.

There's a couple I'd have given more.of a chance. Big Sam being foremost amongst them. However Lampard with his past record wouldn't be one of them. He's not what they need at all. 

If it was someone who had proven pedigree and fitted I'd give them longer but Lampard hasn't got the oedegree, results or fit to warrant this imo. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, booth said:

I'll never forget when we played them in the Charity Shield as champions - Hendry and Berg were injured so the defence didn't look great and Sutton was at CB. We ended up getting beat 1-0 and Everton won the shield. The last time Everton lifted a trophy.

On the way back our bus driver took a wrong turn and took us to a services filled with Everton fans. What a nasty bunch, you wouldn't think they'd just won. All had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Swearing at us, unprovoked, as we were buying food. I saw people being shoved. And that was just the women and children.

I remember a woman with two angry little kids swearing at us as I was picking my items off the counter. I found it hilarious how tribal they were. Imagine if they'd lost!

It must be living in Liverpool's shadow for so long that's sent them bitter and twisted. Always been an odd bunch.

Think that's just scousers in general. 

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They are going down without a change. There is obviously all manner of issues at that club that won’t be sorted overnight. However, a first team manager change right now could be the one short term measure that does make a difference. Total no brainer at this juncture.

Good job you aren’t in charge of a business looking at an enormous drop in revenue whilst in the middle of building eye-wateringly expensive new infrastructure

I'd laugh if they went down and that millstone dragged them down through the leagues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matt83 said:

Probably. He could even rock up at rovers. People would convince themselves that he’s got premier league experience, a championship play off under his belt and will have contacts at chelski for loans. Mowbray had his journey that failed. Jdt and his project will no doubt fail. I can’t wait for 2025 and fat Frank’s 4 year stratagem. 

Not sure I could handle being called "Frank Lampards Blackburn Rovers" tbh

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brilliant game between Arsenal and Manchester United showing why the PL is the best league in the world. 

Don’t pay for sky Chaddy. Get a chipped firestick, 60 quid for the year and you can watch every single rovers game you don’t attend live 😉

• Like 4

No live Rovers for me to watch this past weekend so I had to make do with Prem football. 

Liverpool-Chelsea was terrible. Two teams shorn of confidence playing not to lose. I think that Liverpool have a hangover from their close attempt at the quadruple last year. Chelsea are a hodgepodge of expensive players, not a team. I think that Potter will get them organised but it won't be until next season. Mudryk looked a player.

Everton were woeful, but they have been for a while. I've been consistent in saying that Lampard isn't up to it and each week he continues to confirm my opinion. I see that BRFCS's resident Evertonian thinks a few signings will help Lampard turn it around. He bought 3 new defenders last summer - 2 of them with England caps - yet they still can't keep a clean sheet.

Arsenal-Man U was a very good game. Ten Hag has surprised me. He is getting a tune out of what was a bad bunch. Arsenal keep on trucking. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

In the least surprising news ever, Lampard has been sacked.

So he has; BBC - Lampard sacked

The article is some grim reading. 38 games in charge 35 points. That points total usually buys relegation. 

The club has its issues which will be trotted out in his defence, however, he shouldn't get another top job in football. He doesn't have the necessary talent to succeed. 

Would he improve if he dropped down to league 1 for a few years? 

Chaddy bereft and tucking into a large helping of humble pie this evening

Lampard was always a poor appointment, a case of the owners appeasing supporters who wanted a "big name" (any big name)

Bielsa tipped for the job according to some but although he will  make Everton an exciting team to watch I'm not sure in view of his time at Leeds whether he's the man to save them from relegation

Their supporters are an arrogant lot as has been noted but you'd rather Everton stayed up than nothing southern clubs such as Bournemouth.

• Like 1