BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

17 minutes ago, booth said:

I doubt Pace knew who Kompany was. Someone at your club can pick managers. I think after Brian Laws someone must have decided never again. At the time Pace needed some good PR so he couldn’t get it wrong. I think that shows with the amount of time it took to bring a new manager in.

Like I said previously he did well to keep the club intact rather than changing everything. I think that was originally done for financial reasons than a considered decision.

It’ll be interesting to see if he wants Burnley to stay up, or do it on the cheap for the yo-yo money.

I'd like to think most Championship managers could get their club up with £30m in transfers.

Burnley's problem will be next year when 90% of those players aren't good enough for the PL.

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

Wish someone had thought before Brian Laws 

Oh how I’d love to go back to those days when we had a pragmatic club and Burnley couldn’t even be bothered to try.

What a bizarre appointment that was.

Since then, Howe aside, you’ve had some luck.

Dyche - Mr nobody wanted by nobody, sacked by Watford. Could have gone either way for Burnley but manages to be your best manager of modern times.

Kompany - doesn’t do an amazing job at Anderlecht, could get worse for Burnley, but given a decent kitty and manages to crack the second tier.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd like to think most Championship managers could get their club up with £30m in transfers.

Burnley's problem will be next year when 90% of those players aren't good enough for the PL.

A third of their first team are loanees I think. They’ve done well to keep Tella from going back to Southampton.

1 hour ago, booth said:

Oh how I’d love to go back to those days when we had a pragmatic club and Burnley couldn’t even be bothered to try.

Dyche - Mr nobody wanted by nobody, sacked by Watford. Could have gone either way for Burnley but manages to be your best manager of modern times.

Kompany - doesn’t do an amazing job at Anderlecht, could get worse for Burnley, but given a decent kitty and manages to crack the second tier.

Only Burnley could lucky enough to be the one team Coyle had any success with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

I mean ….. that’s one way of looking at it.

Another is that Dyche got Watford to just outside the play-offs in his one season despite selling his top scorer. It was only a change of owner that saw him leave.

And Kompany took over Anderlecht after their worst ever league finish of 8th and had them finishing 3rd on his last season.

But …. yeah, sure …. luck or whatever.

25 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

If the rumours are true we’ve just made our third signing this window, a striker, South African playing in the Belgian second division.

Buying the league!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

I mean ….. that’s one way of looking at it.

Another is that Dyche got Watford to just outside the play-offs in his one season despite selling his top scorer. It was only a change of owner that saw him leave.

And Kompany took over Anderlecht after their worst ever league finish of 8th and had them finishing 3rd on his last season.

But …. yeah, sure …. luck or whatever.

No one wanted Dyche at the time but Burnley. Who knew? I imagine you didn’t.

Also Kompany. We’ve seen many young managers fail in this league. It’s not like you appointed someone who had a history like Farke.

Every appointment is a risk but I think you’ve had a good run since Laws.

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm not sure Burnley care about that. Being a Yo-Yo club means you continue to access parachute payments. You can go down with a fair bit of confidence about coming straight back up.

In alternative years, you have a promotion season and a Premier League season so the crowd interest remains high.

Sky just did "guess the chocolate" in a pre match interview with Mogga, as apparently, he loves chocolate!

He cheated though, looked straight at the milky way wrapper before doing anything. 

Sky gave him the box of chocolate though, should have seen his little face, made up he was. 

Probably forgotten all about the derby game Vs Boro now!

55 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Sky just did "guess the chocolate" in a pre match interview with Mogga, as apparently, he loves chocolate!

He cheated though, looked straight at the milky way wrapper before doing anything. 

Sky gave him the box of chocolate though, should have seen his little face, made up he was. 

He really needs to expand his repertoire.

The 'good old Uncle Tony' routine got boring at Rovers with the lemon drizzle cake, history lessons about 'when I was a lad' and will do at Sunderland when they see through it. It's all to make himself out to be a normal man of the people, honest as they come. 

Personally I'd rather have a nasty piece of work and ruthless gaffer who learns from mistakes and drags the club forward, which he was clearly incapable of doing. 

He's not totally stupid though. He knows how to ingratiate himself with those around him so they all eat out of his hands and hang on his every word. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

There's a video of him on here somewhere of him talking about Revels for quite a while in a Sunderland pre-match presser. I used to think it was all a bit contrived but he as more enthusiastic about Revels than he ever was talking about Rovers. I think he's just a bit eccentric.