BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season 2022/2023 Where will we finish?

9/10 th i'd say.

It's clearly going to be a season of transition they haven't brought this new set up and manager in for a quick fix. Its the start of a new 3 year cycle and we have to live with that.

For all his plaudits for the job he did overall Mowbray has left us in nothing more than a stable position, not one ready for promotion. 

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

9/10 th i'd say.

It's clearly going to be a season of transition they haven't brought this new set up and manager in for a quick fix. Its the start of a new 3 year cycle and we have to live with that.

For all his plaudits for the job he did overall Mowbray has left us in nothing more than a stable position, not one ready for promotion. 

It was 5 wasted years for me. I’m 5 years older and we’re no nearer to getting back to the top level. In fact you could argue in terms of resources we’re further away.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was 5 wasted years for me. I’m 5 years older and we’re no nearer to getting back to the top level. In fact you could argue in terms of resources we’re further away.

That's how I feel.

I'm 50 odd and have been lucky to see us win things.

My daughter has seen nothing but failure, though. I'd love us to get back to the PL for her generation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think we always come back to the last few years as the first few were necessary in resetting the club.

Aside from the unexpected few months form last season his last few years were largely wasted by his own design. Yes funding had stopped which muddied the waters but looking back on it he still had a strong squad and access to good loans.  So for me the biggest factor was the transition to possession with no real plan as to why.  That wasted 2 seasons and would have continued imo had he not had the wage bill cut again.

Once he'd spent that 5 mill on Gallagher and that kind of money stopped he full on geared everything up for midtable plods.  He himself basically gave up on anything else in his own mind and it rubbed off on the whole club.

I always said the mindset under TM was always wrong and i 100% stand by that. Until the last year or so i don't think there was anything untoward motivating his methods.  He's just an old school stubborn manager whose methods revolve around keeping his squad happy and aiming for averageness with anything else a bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

The stink of Mowbray still lingers here. Hes wasted 5 years of utter rubbish.  If jdt can get rovers into the playoffs at first attempt then it will show Mowbray for what he is, a charlatan 

Totally unnecessary and untrue. "Stink" and utter rubbish?" Behave, it was 5 years of mediocrity rather than rubbish, it was steady and we are left in a better state. If Tomasson got us into the top 6, it would reflect only on one manager and that is not Mowbray, it would show Tomasson to have done an excellent job. Broughton said in his interview that to get promoted we have to overachieve and with the resources available, that is 100% true. Lets hope we finally have the right man to achieve that.

Those who called for Mowbray out the loudest (I think everyone wanted him out really in general) seem to be the ones who constantly keep referring back to him even when we have a fresh start.

Too early we don't know the team or the style of football. At the start of 2021-22 many, including me, thought it would end in religation so 8th wasn't bad. Just don't want to recall what happened in 8 or 9 games after December 2021.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Usual dynamics will come into play, driven by player recruitment, the new manager 'bounce' and the rub of the green in terms of early fixtures and picking up momentum / building confidence. If we can make a good start, the feel-good factor will carry us upwards, particularly if we can draw a line under the claret and blue scourge of recent years. 

I'm going to say, 10th, with a steady drive towards a new era in footballing pride and fan base cohesion around a clued-up management team and emerging first team squad. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'd much rather go for a longer term upward swing than a flash in the pan that leaves us on another downward trajectory in the near future.

COYJDTBWA!!

i`ll be very disapointed if we are not challenging for the play offs,especially if you look at the division,there is nothing to be scared of,fulham and bournemouths untold millions are not here this year,it`s wide open,i expect west brom to be up there with middlesborough,the three relegated teams ar`nt in the best shape,norwich ar`nt very good,watfords new manager will be out of his depth and most likely sacked by christmas and the dingles are in disarray,under a seemingly progressive manager as well we can definately get in the play offs

The expectation/ambition should be improvement and if we finish above 8th there is only obviously one place above that doesn't lead to a top 6 finish. Improvement on Mowbray was the reason that we rightfully binned him. I don't see it at this stage with where we stand but lets see what the summer brings.