BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

With all due respect, Rothwell has never played a better pass than Wharton did multiple times today.

With all due respect, your hoover has never cut the grass like my lawnmower has multiple times this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We deserved naff all. First half we should have been 2 or 3 behind. Second half they stopped pressing so high and we still created next to nothing. 

As far as away performances go, Stoke nailed that and fully deserved 3 points.

Horseshit pal…We’re all frustrated…have a good night and re-asses tomorrow. We deserved a point…minimum.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

End of the game he added minimum 5 minutes injury time. I didn't agree with that, applying the same approach as the WBA referee it should have been 7 or 8.

Then during the injury time he awarded a yellow card to a Stoke player (30 seconds to add on) and there was a stoppage of 1 minute down by the corner.

He blew his whistle on 95 minutes 30 seconds. I time it every week. So we only played about 4 minutes of the minimum 5 and he gave us no extra for the stoppages or booking.

They wonder why respect is in short supply.

The crowd around us was livid at that. Stoke were time wasting within five minutes of the second half kicking off.

But those free kicks awarded when we had the ball in the box denying goalscoring opportunities. I say opportunities, the ball was in the net seconds after he blew up. Twice.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

We deserved something from the second half. Nothing from the first.

And as the home team you would expect us to come on strong.

Stoke created better situations throughout the game than we did. They just managed the game. Get infront. Hold.

If @BankEnd Rover thinks we maybe deserved to win that he’s in cuckoo land

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And as the home team you would expect us to come on strong.

Stoke created better situations throughout the game than we did. They just managed the game. Get infront. Hold.

If @BankEnd Rover thinks we maybe deserved to win that he’s in cuckoo land

I said we deserved a point?? Again, enjoy your night and re-asses…maybe try re-reading my post 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I said we deserved a point?? Again, enjoy your night and re-asses…maybe try re-reading my post 👍🏻

You said we deserved a point “minimum”. 

And then you said it again in the post directly above to Booth.

That surely implies you think we maybe deserved more than a point. Which is precisely what I said you said.

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Another winning bet @chaddyrovers but you tend to disregard these!

IMO, big question marks now against JDT.

Yep, we all know we need new players but it's also about making the best use of what you have and, so far, I don't think he has demonstrated he knows how to set a team up.

After a full pre season, friendlies and almost 10 competitive matches and if he still thinks Rankin-Costello, Pickering, Buckley and Dolan are players then Houston, we have a problem.

Think we will get walloped on Wednesday at Blackpool.

Worrying times, very worrying times - we could be heading for a relegation dog fight.

Always going on your betting. To be honest I ain't bothered anymore. 

You always this stuff after a series of losses or defeat but you are quite silent when we winning. funny that you do this

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I keep hearing about a fluid front 4, high pressing and high intensity and lots of talk about how Tomasson "likes to play" often spearheaded by @chaddyrovers. Well not only today but all season, any sign of a coherent attacking plan has been totally absent, there have been players out of positon, very few chances created and very little threat offered, Dack up front, Szmodics on the right, what was all that about? The passing out from the back doesn't work with these players either. We need more than what we seemingly will get from the window.

Maybe allow to time for us to develop this style and don't expect instant success. JDT and GB have always said it's project and it needs to time. 

So we didn't press high today and play with high intensity second half? 

I didn't like seeing Dack in the 9 role today. Not for game and he ain't suited to it

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We deserved naff all. First half we should have been 2 or 3 behind. Second half they stopped pressing so high and we still created next to nothing. 

As far as away performances go, Stoke nailed that and fully deserved 3 points.

I have to say that to say we deserved naff all is very wrong and I strong disagree. 

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Gu lad  chaddy… Maybe we’d be in a lot better place if everywhere shared your optimism. 

Very true. I will always be the same way every day and I don't worry about anything. I say bring it on!

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Some Mowbray-esque excuses there from the manager. 

Very honest comments from JDT tonight

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You said we deserved a point “minimum”. 

And then you said it again in the post directly above to Booth.

That surely implies you think we maybe deserved more than a point. Which is precisely what I said you said.

Well your original post says we “deserved naff all”””which why I said is horsesh*t…So I’m not sure what your getting at here….We deserved a point minimum…that’s my opinion…If we get the obvious penalty & score, anything can happen.

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Well your original post says we “deserved naff all”””which why I said is horsesh*t…So I’m not sure what your getting at here….We deserved a point minimum…that’s my opinion…If we get the obvious penalty & score, anything can happen

I know we are boring people going around in circles here, and it’s true I think we deserved naff all. And you are well entitled to say that is horseshit. Fair enough.

But you said we deserved “a point minimum.” That implies that we maybe deserved more than a point. But when I suggested that you were in cuckoo land if we deserved more than a point in that game you’ve kind of denied that’s what you said!

I’d suggest it’s you that goes back and re-read what you have written. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you may have misunderstood something here.

Aside, on a positive note I think a midfield of A. Wharton and Travis could be the basis of a central midfield for the season. Wharton clearly the bright spark of the day today for me.

Edited by Hasta

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You always this stuff after a series of losses or defeat but you are quite silent when we winning. funny that you do this

Chaddy - sometimes I post if I have a bet and it's usually in context of my match expectation.  I DO NOT bang on when I win which you might be surprised to know is pretty frequently if you recall my posts.  However, when I lose, it's people like you who go to town on it and try to make it a big thing (like you did after I backed Bradford to win and obviously lost the bet).  Whether my bets win or lose then it might be better to keep any thoughts you may have to yourself.

As for being silent when we win, I suggest you read my post match postings when we have won this season which I think clearly express my delight.

If we lose or are p1ss poor then I say so.  I have independence of thought and I'm not in Waggott's behest!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Losing 3 on the bounce tells us we deserve nothing, we need new recruits, quality additions and quick or it’s a relegation battle fast approaching. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wow

Absolutely shocking management.

However, clearly decisive and clearing out personnel who Neill doesn't want instead of seemingly forcing the equivalents of Lowe and Benson on to the new manager.  IMO, if only Waggott had such balls then Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson would have been out the door a long time ago.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely shocking management.

However, clearly decisive and clearing out personnel who Neill doesn't want instead of forcing the likes of Lowe and Benson on to the new manager.  IMO, if only Waggott had such balls then Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson would have been out the door a long time ago.

I think its very poor management and to do so soon after the game is pathetic and very poor management for me. 

Some head coaches are very happy to work with the majority of the coaching staff as long as they can bring in a couple of appointments as JDT has already said 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I know we are boring people going around in circles here, and it’s true I think we deserved naff all. And you are well entitled to say that is horseshit. Fair enough.

But you said we deserved “a point minimum.” That implies that we maybe deserved more than a point. But when I suggested that you were in cuckoo land if we deserved more than a point in that game you’ve kind of denied that’s what you said!

I’d suggest it’s you that goes back and re-reads what you have written. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt thAat you may have misunderstood something here.

Aside, on a positive note I think a midfield of A. Wharton and Travis could be the basis of a central midfield for the season. Wharton clearly the bright spark of the day today for me.

Mate the point here is that we deserved a point…my post covers that. You’ve said we deserved naff all, that means nothing… That’s rubbish…It was a game of two halfs…Did you even go to the game?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe allow to time for us to develop this style and don't expect instant success. JDT and GB have always said it's project and it needs to time. 

So we didn't press high today and play with high intensity second half? 

I didn't like seeing Dack in the 9 role today. Not for game and he ain't suited to it

I have to say that to say we deserved naff all is very wrong and I strong disagree. 

Very true. I will always be the same way every day and I don't worry about anything. I say bring it on!

Very honest comments from JDT tonight

Where did I say that I expect instant success?

I think its a fair point to question the way we want to play from an attacking sense especially considering how many times you have mentioned how he wants to play based on what he says.

I think we have been lacking fluency and creativity across the first 6 games and I have seen a real lack of clarity in how we seem to want to go forward, with wins coming down more to occasional individual brilliance and dogged determination to hang on rather than signs of an attacking gameplan being carried out.

There have been lots of occasions of players out of position struggling to impact games that would have led to much more criticism under previous management. I have not seen that fluidity in the final third, I have not seen much in the way of pressing and rarely have we looked like scoring.

Obviously it is very early but it doesnt mean that we cant ask questions.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its very poor management and to do so soon after the game is pathetic and very poor management for me. 

Some head coaches are very happy to work with the majority of the coaching staff as long as they can bring in a couple of appointments as JDT has already said 

He might be but if he wasnt best pleased, then he wouldnt say to the public that he wishes that he could get rid of Benson/Lowe etc either way. Dont be naive.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's hardly likely to say openly he didn't want Lowe and Benson.

IMO, if he had said he didn't want them he wouldn't have got the job.

• Like 1

Kaminski gets an easy ride but his distribution today was poor. In the first half he tried a suicidal pass which went straight to a Stoke player giving them an opportunity. There were several other instances of poor kicking putting us under pressure.

• Like 2