BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just had a goog! He actually played 41 games for us at left back between 91-93!! guessing he was back up for alan wright then or something? Anyway I'm sure the slightly older members here will have remembered him

I initially went Anthony Dobson? Who the hell is that? I then thought the only Dobson I remember is Tony Dobson, at which point my brain caught up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just had a goog! He actually played 41 games for us at left back between 91-93!! guessing he was back up for alan wright then or something? Anyway I'm sure the slightly older members here will have remembered him

Signed in a double deal with Steve Livingston. 

8 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Marker was a dirty bastard.  This was a disgraceful tackle

I’m not even going to watch that. I broke my leg twice so I avoid these sort of images. I’ve heard and read enough about it that incident. There’s no room in the game for players who are that reckless. He’ll be sorry when he’s older but not as sorry as Thornley.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not even going to watch that. I broke my leg twice so I avoid these sort of images. I’ve heard and read enough about it that incident. There’s no room in the game for players who are that reckless. He’ll be sorry when he’s older but not as sorry as Thornley.

Wasn't there a court case around this tackle?

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don’t know mate.

A pal of mine who played for years as a semi pro in non league football had his cheek bone deliberately shattered by a well known non league thug during a game. He took the guy to court for loss of earnings, he was a self employed joiner, and he won the case. This must be 40 to 50 years ago now but I believe it was the first case of it’s kind. Were a sporting injury was the subject of a trial.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm all for good old fashioned hard tackling but not this type of stuff.  He deliberately broke his leg imo and deserved to be taken to court.  Poor lads career was finished.  He was only a kid and Marker was an experienced veteran.  

Vinny Jones was a joke of a player.  How that lad made a career in football and acting is beyond me.  Just a common thug. Still he wasn't as bad as Fashanu though.  He was a scumbag pretending to be this nice guy.  At least Jones was a transparent knacker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes, against Marker and Rovers if I remember correctly.

Didn’t appreciate at the time how bad the tackle was. I’m all for tough challenges, and appreciate players will get injured on occasion as a result, but this was assault. Marker had previous too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I'm all for good old fashioned hard tackling but not this type of stuff.  He deliberately broke his leg imo and deserved to be taken to court.  Poor lads career was finished.  He was only a kid and Marker was an experienced veteran.  

Vinny Jones was a joke of a player.  How that lad made a career in football and acting is beyond me.  Just a common thug. Still he wasn't as bad as Fashanu though.  He was a scumbag pretending to be this nice guy.  At least Jones was a transparent knacker.

I remember going to a League Cup game - Rochdale v Wimbledon. Fashanu was playing against an old style journey man centre half, a lad called John Bramhall I think. He works for the PFA now. It was a real battle, no quarter given. I ended up watching just the two of them. They had their own game with no ball involved.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ryan Giggs was left footed, almost exclusively so.

He was also welsh 😂

edit. I just read my comment back and see why you commented. I meant he would of been the Ryan giggs of the England team not a left footed Ryan giggs. Sorry 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 11:09, Miller11 said:

Yes, against Marker and Rovers if I remember correctly.

Didn’t appreciate at the time how bad the tackle was. I’m all for tough challenges, and appreciate players will get injured on occasion as a result, but this was assault. Marker had previous too.

marker caught ossie ardiles (when he was at rovers)with a terrible tackle if i remember correctly,it put him out for a couple months

• Like 2

On 29/08/2022 at 00:56, Upside Down said:

We really should have signed Zidane and replaced Dalglish with a top manager. 

Ever read Shearers book ‘diary of a season 94/95). It’s amazing how often Dalglish was not around training. That made me understand the Harford choice.

What could Ray or any manager do anyway when Uncle Jack stopped spending 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 12:54, Oldgregg86 said:

He was also welsh 😂

edit. I just read my comment back and see why you commented. I meant he would of been the Ryan giggs of the England team not a left footed Ryan giggs. Sorry 

Although he did represent England Schoolboys at U15 as Ryan Wilson.....he had the choice....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrelandsRover said:

Ever read Shearers book ‘diary of a season 94/95). It’s amazing how often Dalglish was not around training. That made me understand the Harford choice.

What could Ray or any manager do anyway when Uncle Jack stopped spending 

Should have put the foot down then and there.  Ferdianand should ahve been signed that summer along with maybe Zidane.   I literally cant even imagine that now.  Its like two different football clubs.

I always felt Dalglish bottled it.  He saw us winning the premiership as the end of the journey where as  Ferguson would have seen that as the start of a potential dynasty.  Fergie I felt was always more hungrier for success than Dalglish.  Dalglish didnt seem to enjoy pressure even at Liveroool.  Fergie loved it. 

I actually met Dalglish not long ago but didnt get the chance nor wouldnt dare to ask him why he left the club.

• Like 4