BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

16 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Should have put the foot down then and there.  Ferdianand should ahve been signed that summer along with maybe Zidane.   I literally cant even imagine that now.  Its like two different football clubs.

I always felt Dalglish bottled it.  He saw us winning the premiership as the end of the journey where as  Ferguson would have seen that as the start of a potential dynasty.  Fergie I felt was always more hungrier for success than Dalglish.  Dalglish didnt seem to enjoy pressure even at Liveroool.  Fergie loved it. 

I actually met Dalglish not long ago but didnt get the chance nor wouldnt dare to ask him why he left the club.

i think kenny fancied a right go at the champions league and when the money and players did`nt arrive he thought whats the point,we could`nt play in europe the way we played in the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think kenny fancied a right go at the champions league and when the money and players did`nt arrive he thought whats the point,we could`nt play in europe the way we played in the league

Not too sure as he resigned in early June.  I've never been satisfied as to any reasons he gave to why he stepped aside. I feel he never gave the true reason.    I certainly dont buy his reasoning that he thought Harford deserved a go.  Why not Tony Parkes?? He deserved it more than Harford.  He was on a podcast in Ireland with McAteer about a year or two ago and the presenter directly asked him why he stood down and he never answered the question and went off on a rambling tangent that never even addressed the actual question.  Its on Youtube somewhere.

Like I say my own personal guess is he didnt enjoy pressure and expectation, be it at Liverpool, Blackburn, Newcastle and just wanted out.  

• Like 1

Have to say I felt very let down By Kenny Dalglish for leaving so abruptly. 

And why Jack walker felt he didn't need to hire a top new manager and carry on investing in new players was a very naive set of decisions that backfired drastically 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

Anyone mentioned Russell Coughlin yet? I have some recollection of seeing him play, but I don't think he tore up any trees for Rovers. I see from the 'kipedia, that he died in 2016. RIP Russell.

Full name Russell James Coughlin[1]
Date of birth 15 February 1960
Place of birth Swansea, Wales
Date of death 3 August 2016 (aged 56)
Place of death Carlisle, England
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)[2]
Position(s) Midfielder
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1977–1978 Manchester City 0 (0)
1978–1980 Blackburn Rovers 24 (0)
1980–1984 Carlisle United 130 (13)
1984–1987 Plymouth Argyle 131 (18)
1987–1990 Blackpool 101 (8)
1990  Shrewsbury Town (loan) 5 (0)
1990–1993 Swansea City 101 (2)
1993–1995 Exeter City 68 (0)
1995–1996 Torquay United 25 (0)
1996–1997 Dorchester Town    
Total   585 (41)

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Anyone mentioned Russell Coughlin yet? I have some recollection of seeing him play, but I don't think he tore up any trees for Rovers. I see from the 'kipedia, that he died in 2016. RIP Russell.

Full name Russell James Coughlin[1]
Date of birth 15 February 1960
Place of birth Swansea, Wales
Date of death 3 August 2016 (aged 56)
Place of death Carlisle, England
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)[2]
Position(s) Midfielder
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1977–1978 Manchester City 0 (0)
1978–1980 Blackburn Rovers 24 (0)
1980–1984 Carlisle United 130 (13)
1984–1987 Plymouth Argyle 131 (18)
1987–1990 Blackpool 101 (8)
1990  Shrewsbury Town (loan) 5 (0)
1990–1993 Swansea City 101 (2)
1993–1995 Exeter City 68 (0)
1995–1996 Torquay United 25 (0)
1996–1997 Dorchester Town    
Total   585 (41)

There's been very few names mention at all from before the early 90s

• Backroom
On 27/10/2022 at 06:48, Upside Down said:

He will never be forgotten. How can anybody forget Mowbray playing him as a false 9.

Didn't think anyone could replace 'Matteo at left wing', but Mowbray did it!

On 24/10/2022 at 09:59, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Have to say I felt very let down By Kenny Dalglish for leaving so abruptly. 

And why Jack walker felt he didn't need to hire a top new manager and carry on investing in new players was a very naive set of decisions that backfired drastically 

Heard from someone during the run in of the premiership winning season that Dalglish wanted out but at the time didn't believe it. He wanted to go back to Liverpool as he felt he had unfinished business there and once the premiership was won the mission at Rovers was accomplished.

Same person told me about Shearer wanting out during Euro 96 and we all know what happened after he returned from England duty.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 11:44, Admiral Nelsen said:

Such a strange player Johnson. Misplaced an unbelievable number of easy passes for a player who genuinely had decent ability. 

Struck me as a player with ability but at times tended mentally to switch off and that is why he didnt play at the top level.

On 29/10/2022 at 01:25, Mike E said:

Didn't think anyone could replace 'Matteo at left wing', but Mowbray did it!

Mowbray took top two positions. Not only Johnson as a false 9 but Sam Gallagher at right wing back, Thrys Dolan at right wing back or Stephen Pears in goal can all be put in there as managerial master strokes 

• Like 1