BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

2 hours ago, JC4LAB said:

Yes..We were after Liniker & also Ronny Rosenthal of all people....Turned us down so we got Shearer..Thanks for not coming Gary 

No we didnt that year...we got Speedie when Lineker turned us down. Speedie alos said he wouldnt sign if we signed Rosenthal

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

I was surprised to just see that Santa Cruz is still playing at 41 and doing well (all be it just in the Paraguayan League) https://the72.co.uk/2022/10/05/whats-former-blackburn-rovers-man-roque-santa-cruz-up-to-these-days/   I thought he looked pretty knackered when he had that short loan spell from city with us over 10 years ago! So it's nice to see he's still doing what he loves though, im sure he could have retired and lived a life of luxury a long time ago (same as with MGP)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Very good player in his day, only problem - his day wasn’t at Rovers.

Went to a Sports Quiz at the Rossendale branch of the Supporters Association. Peter White was running the quiz and fed John Radford a stream of horse racing questions. Clear where his priorities were by that stage of his career!!

• Like 1

Anthony Williams - young goalkeeper who I genuinely thought was going to be the next big thing but never managed an appearance for us. Saw him perform well many times for the youth and reserve teams, but what really stands out was watching him play for Wales U21s on a visit to see my family there. He made 2 penalty saves against Italy, the taker - a then unheard of Andrea Pirlo!

I was convinced he would be challenging for the number one spot by the end of that season (he’d have done better than Fettis!), but he ended up at Hartlepool then Wrexham amongst others.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Criag Highett and Stig Inge Bjornebye. 

Two of my favourite players during my 30 years watching and supporting Rovers was Mike Newell and Mark Atkins  

Craig hignett is not forgotten.  I will never forget that fantastic night at the reebok in the freezing cold when he hammered in a freekick as we won 4-1. Also remember matt jansen sitting the keeper down as he slotted in 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Didn't curtis get our player of the season in our promtion year and played every game!? Then nothing! soon replaced by the fantastic Neil at RB

I could never figure that out. When my son and I were discussing who would need replacing when we made the step up to the Premier League he was one of the last players to be replaced. 
How soon is soon matey ? Lucas Neill came about 10 years after Curtis had gone. David May replaced Curtis.

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I could never figure that out. When my son and I were discussing who would need replacing when we made the step up to the Premier League he was one of the last players to be replaced. 
How soon is soon matey ? Lucas Neill came about 10 years after Curtis had gone. David May replaced Curtis.

John Curtis played under souness