BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

16 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It is none other than the one of the presenters of the Undr the Cosh podcasts......Chris Brown

Craig hignett is this weeks guest. Great listen. Tells a story about duffer buying a new Range Rover with the reg DUFF 11. Craig said bloody hell duffer, I bet that number plate cost you abit. He said no £30 from Halfords 🤣

apparantly not the brightest lad

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

I remember his debut, away at Wimbledon (Selhurst Park) - panic buy as Hodgson missed out on someone else and we were struggling.

Torrential rain, he looked lively but missed two sitters. Rest is history.

As an aside we all got soaked and my mate was due to meet his girlfriend’s parents for the first time at a swanky hotel after the match. He turned up looking like a drowned rat, like us, went down badly!

Dion Dublin I believe it was.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Craig hignett is this weeks guest. Great listen. Tells a story about duffer buying a new Range Rover with the reg DUFF 11. Craig said bloody hell duffer, I bet that number plate cost you abit. He said no £30 from Halfords 🤣

apparantly not the brightest lad

Kill joy.......youve spoiled my journey home, Ive not got that far yet. 😀

• Backroom

Who was the lad that we had on loan, played for wolves and then we decided not to sign him and he went to Burnley and got them promoted?

I want to say Dave Jones but could be way off there 

Anyone remember Raffaelle De Vita - Italian lad coming through in the early 2000’s with high hopes but another like the Jimmy Corbett’s, Jemal Johnson’s and Robbie Cotton’s of the world!

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Another I just remembered Amine Linganzi, I remember when we signed him I sat up and took note because @unleaded was positive about him after previously advocating for Steven Nzonzi!

Looked a player with potential but hardly got near the team and went onto a career with lower league teams including Accrington.

A similar story with Yann Songo’o - the only thing I recall about him is that whilst he never played, Savio (formerly of this parish but rarely seen now) had his name on the back of his shirt in what must surely be a one of a kind garment!

Edited by Tom

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jimmy quinn was a monstrous header of a football,the rest of him was clucking useless though🙂

Who was that feels the crowd used to chant Jim, Jim bang one on. Ended up living in Vegas. Never scored with his feet. Used to be called pancho on account of the sideboards. 

Jim arnott?  Jim fryatt

Edited by broadsword

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Who was the lad that we had on loan, played for wolves and then we decided not to sign him and he went to Burnley and got them promoted?

I want to say Dave Jones but could be way off there 

Anyone remember Raffaelle De Vita - Italian lad coming through in the early 2000’s with high hopes but another like the Jimmy Corbett’s, Jemal Johnson’s and Robbie Cotton’s of the world!

I think it was Dave Jones. Came in roughly the same time as Williamson, quite a tidy player IIRC.

I mainly remember Da Vita from the BBC vide-printer after scoring for Livingston.

A few contributions from me, not sure if they've been covered yet - apologies if so. 

James Thomas played a few games for us early on in 2000-2001 - no idea what happened to him! Think he even scored once.

Kaba Diawara - didn't he score in the 6-1 hammering of Rochdale (I think) where Dunny got a hat-trick of penalties?

Vratislav Gresko - remember 10 year old me rating him but no idea what happened to him! We had a few decent left backs in our time in the top flight. Scored a hugely deflected goal vs Spurs I think!

Francis Jeffers - his fall from grace is quite well documented but I forget he ever played for us!

Our lower league spell between 2012 and 2017 had loads of forgettable players. Alex Marrow has been covered above but he's a main one. Likewise Ben Marshall - he was brilliant for us at times but another I totally forgot about. 

17 hours ago, broadsword said:

Who was that feels the crowd used to chant Jim, Jim bang one on. Ended up living in Vegas. Never scored with his feet. Used to be called pancho on account of the sideboards. 

Jim arnott?  Jim fryatt

Jim Fryatt, I will never forget the goal against City, It was my first game. My mum took me.

10 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Did Ashley Ward get a mention yet?   Useless.  

Most horrible cunt to ever play El Hadji Diouf

im`e really struggling to think if there was a more disliked footballer than el hadji diouf🙂

only one that comes close is gary neville,a complete **** and always will be

on another unpopular name and a team mate of the terminally crap ashley ward,darren peacock,im`e not sure if he was carrying some kind of serious injury that was`nt picked up ecause he moved like an 80 yr old

• Like 1