BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

23 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Might have been mentioned earlier but anyone remember Yordi, a big Spanish striker?

Only played 8 times but one appearance was as a sub in the 2002 League Cup triumph.

A strange signing but he will remember his short time with Rovers

Didn't play often but still bagged a couple at a time when we were still trying to pull away from the bottom three that season, after the League Cup win.

He's also one of very few players over recent decades to make his debut for a club in a major cup final.

On 12/09/2022 at 04:48, Oldgregg86 said:

I remember getting Danny Simpson on loan but can’t remember anything about his playing time with us

He was terrible. He came on a season long loan from Man U and Rovers sent him back early.

I have a memory of one game. He got skinned by the opposition winger on the touchline, and instead of trying to get back in he just stood there and watched as they scored. He may have done it again in the same game. 

Shockingly he has a title winning medal with Leicester.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Duncan McKenzie

I abso fucking lutely loved him 🏆

don`t mention his name to my dad!!!,in his words "a fat,useless waster,who is`nt interested🤫"p personally i thought he was quite good

carrying on from that era`ish  david glenn???i only remember him from the southampton cup game in circa 1984

On the back of this topic, I've just been going through old squads (particularly from '83 onwards when I first started going to Ewood) to see how many blasts from the past I remembered. I then came across one name which I remembered but could think nothing else about him, other than him being a full-back. Only made 6 appearances, so unsurprising I don't remember much. Can you name him:

40704-zoom.jpg

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

On the back of this topic, I've just been going through old squads (particularly from '83 onwards when I first started going to Ewood) to see how many blasts from the past I remembered. I then came across one name which I remembered but could think nothing else about him, other than him being a full-back. Only made 6 appearances, so unsurprising I don't remember much. Can you name him:

40704-zoom.jpg

is`nt that bernard gallagher,the full back with dodgy knees on loan from villa,doug ellis tried to full a fast one by offering him at a cut price

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is`nt that bernard gallagher,the full back with dodgy knees on loan from villa,doug ellis tried to full a fast one by offering him at a cut price

Nope. Not him, although, when I googled him, ironically,  one of the first pics that comes up is this one with Big Col.

Sadly passed away in 2011 aged only 44.

I'll reveal the other guy's name tomorrow if no-one gets it.

image.thumb.png.549a6f8762a1ac4f57d88001b72d6ec9.png

Edited by windymiller7

3 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Been doing a wiki trawl of Rovers post-Bowyer and there's a fair few players I have no recollection of:

Matthew Kilgallon

Chris Taylor

Nathan Delfouneso

Tom Lawrence

Stephen Hendrie

Sam Hart (I do remember him, but I couldn't remember his first name)

Tom Lawrence has had a decent career, scored alot of goals with Derby, now at Rangers. Seems to remember him missing a sitter against Burnley, the year they did the double over us, though could be mistaken

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Been doing a wiki trawl of Rovers post-Bowyer and there's a fair few players I have no recollection of:

Matthew Kilgallon

Chris Taylor

Nathan Delfouneso

Tom Lawrence

Stephen Hendrie

Sam Hart (I do remember him, but I couldn't remember his first name)

Kilgallon wasn't a bad centre half to be fair.

Taylor- ginger haired winger, remember him scoring in an FA cup game, not much else.

Delfouneso - pretty shite. Lives down the road from me, likes chips & gravy. Think he's still at Blackpool.

Lawrence - still waiting for that shot to come down against the dingles.

Hendrie, loan from WHU. Hardly played.

Hart - If you just use his first initial, his name looks like a follow-through. 🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

40704-zoom.jpg

I’m not certain but I think that might be Neil Oliver?

• Like 1