BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

On 14/09/2022 at 00:43, Dreyski said:

Been doing a wiki trawl of Rovers post-Bowyer and there's a fair few players I have no recollection of:

Matthew Kilgallon

Chris Taylor

Nathan Delfouneso

Tom Lawrence

Stephen Hendrie

Sam Hart (I do remember him, but I couldn't remember his first name)

I'd be interested to know if there was a story behind Chris Taylor's time at Rovers, because he had a great reputation as an old-fashioned winger, from what I heard, and was a consistent performer for Oldham and Millwall. Then he came to us and seemed to struggle and then, looking at his record, his career fell away somewhat. 

I see that he's still only 35 years old and is with FC United.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I'd be interested to know if there was a story behind Chris Taylor's time at Rovers, because he had a great reputation as winger, from what I heard, and was a consistent performer for Oldham and Millwall. Then he came to us and seemed to struggle and then, looking at his record, his career fell away somewhat. 

I see that he's still only 35 years old and last played for FC United.

I saw him play for FCUM a couple of weeks ago. He looked a little portly and got the hook at half time. 

3 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I'd be interested to know if there was a story behind Chris Taylor's time at Rovers, because he had a great reputation as an old-fashioned winger, from what I heard, and was a consistent performer for Oldham and Millwall. Then he came to us and seemed to struggle and then, looking at his record, his career fell away somewhat. 

I see that he's still only 35 years old and is with FC United.

Chris Taylor, playing for Millwall at Ewood, absolutely destroyed us. He ran the show brilliantly for them.

I was delighted when he signed for us but he didn't seem to be the same player. Maybe his character let his footballing ability down.

On 13/09/2022 at 18:38, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Players I wish we could forget..... Bradley Orr, Danny Murphy, david goodwillie, Anthony Stokes, Shane Duffy... Just from recent memory! 

Oh and one real cracker of a "Forgotten player" from not really that long ago! that I don't think has been mentioned yet! 

Grzegorz Sandomierski

Don't forget the man with probably the most ironic name in football; Leon Best. God I wish I could forget him.

If I remember correctly, his only goal for us came when he scored an own goal while playing for another club...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickard said:

Don't forget the man with probably the most ironic name in football; Leon Best. God I wish I could forget him.

If I remember correctly, his only goal for us came when he scored an own goal while playing for another club...

He scored the equaliser away at Derby on the opening day of Bowyer's first full season. I seem to remember it was a pretty good finish. 

That one aberration aside though, one of our worst signings in the last 10 years, and that's saying something. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

He scored the equaliser away at Derby on the opening day of Bowyer's first full season. I seem to remember it was a pretty good finish. 

That one aberration aside though, one of our worst signings in the last 10 years, and that's saying something. 

Best scored two goals in his time here, dreadful player and personality.

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He was crap. Slow, didn't score and assist, not skilful, not creative, not a good passer. I think he tried his best but nothing beyond that.

The above goal was actually a Chris Taylor assist haha.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 12:54, roversfan99 said:

He was crap. Slow, didn't score and assist, not skilful, not creative, not a good passer. I think he tried his best but nothing beyond that.

He reminded me of Reid another ex Millwall winger we recruited whose attributes - ie physical with a fair whack of energy - looked far better suited to centre of the park. Of course whilst that worked fantastically for Reid under Hughes, it wasn't really tried with Taylor. 

8 hours ago, rickard said:

a complete *************,whatever he`s doing now  hope he`s  living in a shop doorway drinking cooking sherry and suffering greatly

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Anthony stokes.

always thought he could be a very good player but had the Ben Marshall’s about him 

Just checked Marshall's career. Still only 31, playing for Stoneclough in the West Lancashire Football League division 1 (12th tier).

• Like 1

I do give Mowbray credit for getting shut of Stokes quickly. The whole Stokes episode a stain on our club.

Compared to Stokes and imo Ben Marshall is a choir boy who did put in good performances at Rovers.

Tony Watt was a wasted yet talented player, now at Dundee Utd, and still not scoring.

Edited by AllRoverAsia