BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

R.I.P. QUEEN ELIZABETH

The Queen's funeral will be held 19th September and it will be Bank Holiday. Queen's funeral to be held on 19 September - as details of lying-in-state released (msn.com)

Some very heart-breaking scenes in these photos in the article and its good to see that the 2 brothers have come together at this time. 

Harry and Meghan join Prince and Princess of Wales to view Windsor floral tributes (msn.com) 

William, Kate, Harry and Meghan reunite | Watch (msn.com)

"You don't know what you've got until it's gone" (from the song Big Yellow Taxi) will prove to be quite apt I feel.

I think many people are now starting to realize just how special our Queen was. 

The terrific tv coverage has helped to reveal 'the unseen Queen'.

Elizabeth the great, RIP.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Sinclair has apologised only for the timing of the tweet, not the content. His comment was stupid and wrong and he should be given the boot

Yeah a forced fake apology just for the timing of his tweet. It does not make sense, just two years ago he was tweeting how inspiring the queen was. In the short time since he has completely reversed his views? Doesnt help that he has been convicted for racism either. 

Edited by JacknOry

I spoke to a local group leader earlier today who runs a drug rehabilitation service. The service won The Queens Award a few years ago which helped them immensely. 

The group are all going down to London for the funeral, not a Royalist amongst them, but all of them so grateful for the recognition and support they received. 

• Like 4

It's all getting a bit silly now, with the queues, the arrests, Morrison's silencing the tills etc. As for cancelling operations on the day of the funeral, that's disgusting. It shows how we are all little more than street rats in the eyes of the leaders of the country, and that if we die, as my uncle did from asbestosis a month ago, it does not matter. 

As a country we've gone mental, just because a really old woman died. That's the thing about hereditary rule, someone else is there to assume the role by virtue of birth. Don't worry.

• Like 3

• Backroom
On 15/09/2022 at 10:18, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's all getting a bit silly now, with the queues, the arrests, Morrison's silencing the tills etc. As for cancelling operations on the day of the funeral, that's disgusting. It shows how we are all little more than street rats in the eyes of the leaders of the country, and that if we die, as my uncle did from asbestosis a month ago, it does not matter. 

As a country we've gone mental, just because a really old woman died. That's the thing about hereditary rule, someone else is there to assume the role by virtue of birth. Don't worry.

While I generally agree, Morrisons haven't silenced the tills.

They've turned off music in store, which had previously disguised the din of the tills. No music highlights how shrill their tills are, so they've turned them down.

On a light-hearted theme, my favourite QE2 story is:

She was chairing a meeting of the Privy Council and actually speaking when a Tory MP's mobile phone rang.

She stopped and said "you might like to take that, it could be someone important..!!!" 

You can imagine him shrivelling up eh?