BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 17/9/22

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

you need wing backs that can attack to play 5 at back. Brittain is ok at that. Carter/Pickering aren't. 

You need attacking FBs to play the 4-2-3-1 he wants to play too.

Unless they think Batty is the real deal and they're just waiting to bed him into the side I can't understand why they didn't sign one in the summer. Pickering and Edun aren't good enough. 

• Like 1

Barely passable first half, horrific second.

Beaten comfortably by a very poor Luton side, just not good enough.

At various points of the second half, instead of chasing a goal, we were fannying around passing between the back 6.

Brittain was a country mile better than anyone else on the pitch when he came on and Pickering had a decent game.

The rest can hang their heads; that was pathetic.

• Like 1

Comprehensively and utterly defeated in that one... Looked like we could have played for years and not scored.

The one thing I would have done differently is have got an extra man in midfield. We had three forwards on all game who played such a little part because we couldn't get the ball to them. We should have taken one off and gone 352 imo at half time and tried to be able to build in midfield rather than just passing it across the back three and then hoofing it.

Also fair play to Luton, they looked very good. They look like they'll do alright this year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think we should had lined up as against Blackpool.....

I don't know why he stuck with the same side considering he used no subs on Tuesday.

Morton and Dolan, especially, were poor today. Brittain offers far more than Carter going forward too. 

I'd have started the game with Buckley, Hirst and Brittain for Morton, Dolan and Carter - if he insisted in sticking with the same formation. 

Ah well, it is what it is. I didn't expect anything special this season, it's going to take some time to repair the damage Mowbray did. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

You can usually tell which rovers have shown up after the first ten minutes but not so today, unusually «neutral» first half and I actually thought we would draw.

The Luton manager made some changes at the break and we had no response whatsoever. Mid-table here we go.

Edited by OsloRover
Sp

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

BBC 5 Live reporter said : Luton were insipid in first half, inspired in the second.

Down to his teamtalk at HT.

Disagree, they had a good 15 minute spell and put the game to bed. Soft first goal, Kaminski's positioning and anticipation has to be questioned for the second.

It's the nature of the league - if the players were any good they wouldn't be playing down here. Inconsistency is part of it. 

Our inability to get back into games, or even look like getting back into games, is a real concern. Even if we conceded after 10 seconds, I'd still wouldn't back us to get anything from the game.

A complete lack of goals in this team. The front line needs freshening up in January. 

Morton for me is never going to be a top player. He should be bossing this league if he expects to get anywhere near the Liverpool team.

I thought Amari Bell was magnificent for them. I can't believe that was the same person who played at Rovers. 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

Our inability to get back into games, or even look like getting back into games, is a real concern. Even if we conceded after 10 seconds, I'd still wouldn't back us to get anything from the game.

A complete lack of goals in this team. The front line needs freshening up in January. 

Morton for me is never going to be a top player. He should be bossing this league if he expects to get anywhere near the Liverpool team.

I thought Amari Bell was magnificent for them. I can't believe that was the same person who played at Rovers. 

He wasn't tested.

2 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

did we have a red card ? thought we playing with 10 man...where's the midfield ?

Well we played 3-4-3 with no CBs that can push on (ala Sheffield Utd at their pomp) and (for 60 minutes) 2 WBs that offer very little going forward. 

So the midfield was overrun. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Disagree, they had a good 15 minute spell and put the game to bed. Soft first goal, Kaminski's positioning and anticipation has to be questioned for the second.

It's the nature of the league - if the players were any good they wouldn't be playing down here. Inconsistency is part of it. 

After their HT teamtalk.

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The comment that Travis and Buckley in midfield is the envy of the championship haunts my dreams! You'd be licking your lips against any combo we put in the middle of the park. 

We should try put a man in there sometime, one that doesn't wax his entire body or have long hair, that be nice.

When it’s 2 v 3 because we have 3 center backs and two wing backs sitting deep they have no chance. Nearly Every ball forward was thumped long Kamenski. There was space in the middle but no player to exploit it 

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Only natural. Can't criticise people for giving extreme reactions to that shite.

Not a criticism, I turned off at 2-0. We don’t recover from there.

I think people should expect inconsistency, though. New coach/ideas and young players.

Sidebar; what’ve you got against long hair and waxing?

• Like 2

No midfield. Result is pressure on defence and nowt created. Obvious to most on here but not to the buffoon on our touchline.

We are going no where.

Ok sometimes we will beat teams who themselves have a bad day but that's it.

No plan. No style. No bottle. Too many just disappeared. FFS half of them can't pass a ball 5 yards and they try possession tippy tappy. Pathetic crap.

10 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

Tactically today has been all wrong. Just once, I’d love Dack in attacking mid and and Brereton through the middle. Seen as much of Dack as we have Brereton this game.

One positive, Brittain has looked exciting.

Brereton gets bullied whenever he plays centrally - he's a big lad, but he's soft.

It's why I was desperate for £15m+ for him in August - he drifts out of games at this level.

10 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The comment that Travis and Buckley in midfield is the envy of the championship haunts my dreams! You'd be licking your lips against any combo we put in the middle of the park. 

We should try put a man in there sometime, one that doesn't wax his entire body or have long hair, that be nice.

When it’s 2 v 3 because we have 3 center backs and two wing backs sitting deep they have no chance. Nearly Every ball forward was thumped long Kamenski. There was space in the middle but no player to exploit it 

• Like 1