BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 17/9/22

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Big talk from a man with his shirt off and a hairless chest in his profile picture….😏

Hairless? Pal I've hair all over. Fortunately the tan helped but I can assure you there is a love rug. 

Look at the likes on this comments 🤣🤣🤣 scorned women, my god! 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Hairless? Pal I've hair all over. Fortunately the tan helped but I can assure you there is a love rug. 

Look at the likes on this comments 🤣🤣🤣 scorned women, my god! 

Only a joke pal, don’t take it too hard 🤙.

23 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Buckley was quality when he came on. He's one of the few players in the squad who can create chances with his sublime passing ability.

Hopefully he'll be back for the Millwall game. We miss him. 

We miss him? 🤣🤣🤣 The Buckley syndrome is back, are we forgetting why he was benched and absolutely shocking for months? Can't let it go 🤣 

Now get back to liking posts about me you little scamp. The ignoring isn't going too well it seems.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBar said:

We miss him? 🤣🤣🤣 The Buckley syndrome is back, are we forgetting why he was benched and absolutely shocking for months? Can't let it go 🤣 

Now get back to liking posts about me you little scamp. The ignoring isn't going too well it seems.

Does Buckley owe you a fiver by any chance ?  Ask nicely and I’m sure he’ll give it you back. Nobody came out of todays game with much credit but you have to slate Buckley - every week.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Does Buckley owe you a fiver by any chance ?  Ask nicely and I’m sure he’ll give it you back. Nobody came out of todays game with much credit but you have to slate Buckley - every week.

Didnt slate him at all. Do you wait for me to mention him and then throw your two cents in? Bizarre. You haven't replied to any of my others posts. So who is the one with the issue? Actually read what I said and the conversation that happened and relax a bit.

42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No midfield. Result is pressure on defence and nowt created. Obvious to most on here but not to the buffoon on our touchline.

We are going no where.

Ok sometimes we will beat teams who themselves have a bad day but that's it.

No plan. No style. No bottle. Too many just disappeared. FFS half of them can't pass a ball 5 yards and they try possession tippy tappy. Pathetic crap.

It's not just that, the attack doesn't make any attempt to hold the ball up. They either get the ball forward and have a shot or lose it. Usually they lose it.

No old head in midfield, and lacking a centre forward.

36 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Buckley was quality when he came on. He's one of the few players in the squad who can create chances with his sublime passing ability.

Hopefully he'll be back for the Millwall game. We miss him. 

He's been absolutely shit in every other game he's featured in so it's no surprise he's on the bench.

And I'm one of his supporters. Hopefully he can regain his form.

• Like 3

Absolutely shocking performance today and at least the third time in which we have been uncompetitive in 10 games, not good enough.

Developing certain strong worries and reservations about the manager and what he is trying to. The passing it out from the back nonsense is naive as it was when Mowbray tried it, everything is too slow, its risk averse and we don't move the other team around, and it totally nullifies us going forward, all season we have been terrible at creating chances and it is so boring to watch too. He is tactically inflexible too, just making like for like changes and leaving our best player on the bench,

We are as good as beaten when we concede first and our set pieces are an embarrassment.

Looking at the attack and there are huge issues as there have been all season, for a manager who was such a decorated striker, his teams are so blunt. Why did he again leave Dack on the bench? Why is his main attacking signing this summer playing in the kids team when our first team doesn't have any attacking threat? We are so reliant on Brereton who was poor, Dolan as he is 95% of the time was totally ineffective and Hedges has had a good season but he needs to be far more productive. Hirst was lightweight again and his finish at the end was embarrassing, following the weakest of shots 5 minutes earlier.

Defensively, hard to pick out any of the back 3 as being poor really but I am unsure who Tomasson would see as third choice and maybe he is reluctant to not pick them all when he can at the cost of our overall shape. Pickering was fine and again gets unwarranted stick, Carter on the other side was not very good and looked like a lumbering centre back playing out of position. I am not impressed by Morton and Travis was really poor too, Wharton should have been involved.

• Like 2

Very naïve and poor 2nd half to not expect Luton to come out and take the game to Rovers. I think we were all pretty happy to see the same starting eleven but I hindsight I'd have sacrificed someone like Dolan for an extra midfielder at half time to try and stifle the Luton midfield. Having Dack come on to sit deeper than usual and trying to pick out balls to Hedges and BBD on the counter would've been something that could've given us a bit of creative spark. For one reason or another I think we all feel that JDT doesn't fancy Dack in this team, which quite frankly is bizarre because he's the only one that can turn a game on its head with a defence splitting pass - see Blackpool away from a couple of weeks ago for evidence of that.

We could have so easily been in front at the break and it seems that this team walks a very thin line based on whether they score first or not. If they concede first then they seem to fall apart, particularly the midfield, who can't handle the more physical and aggressive midfields of other teams.

The games will come extra thick and fast up until the World Cup break now. Let's hope that they do some good work on the training ground during the international break and we hit the ground running for what will be a critical part of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

He's been absolutely shit in every other game he's featured in so it's no surprise he's on the bench.

And I'm one of his supporters. Hopefully he can regain his form.

Not sure he evens means it. It's an on running battle between a few of us on here. One I thought was accepted on here currently given just how poor he has been, obviously not. Not even sure he believes what he is saying at this stage. Fair play to you all the same for showing common sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

we all got carried away after the swansea game,it became clear to me after the sheff utd hammering we are a work in progress,this year is about rebuilding,expect a busy january and a play off push next season,jdt still has`nt got all the players he wants imo

He doesn't seem to be using the ones he has (including 6 that he brought in) particularly effectively though. Work in progress and journeys are regularly mentioned, the same terms that were banned words last year, but there needs to be clear signs of a potentially effective game plan. This passing it across the backline is clearly a tactic instilled by the management and we are not effective doing so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we all got carried away after the swansea game,it became clear to me after the sheff utd hammering we are a work in progress,this year is about rebuilding,expect a busy january and a play off push next season,jdt still has`nt got all the players he wants imo

It'll be interesting to see if Greg and co manage to bring in the players he needs. After the summer transfer window it's highly dubious.

What kind of club goes into a transfer window with a healthy transfer budget and comes out without a quality centre forward?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He doesn't seem to be using the ones he has (including 6 that he brought in) particularly effectively though. Work in progress and journeys are regularly mentioned, the same terms that were banned words last year, but there needs to be clear signs of a potentially effective game plan. This passing it across the backline is clearly a tactic instilled by the management and we are not effective doing so.

The  “ passing it along the back line “ way of playing will get you nowhere in this league, except possibly relegated.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The  “ passing it along the back line “ way of playing will get you nowhere in this league, except possibly relegated.

i agree with that,it`s bloody stupid and leads to trouble more often than not,everyone is doing it for some reason,probably because they saw man city,liverpool and real madrid do it,well there is a slight bit of difference between them and the rest of us🥴

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s an idea that has been jumped on by UEFA to try and make sure all teams are coached to play in exactly the same way. That way the biggest clubs with the biggest budgets will normally dominate the leagues and all play each other in their competitions. It’s leading to a boring, sterile game.

Edited by Miller11

Unchanged side from Tuesday. Should’ve made more changes in the second half on Tuesday to give some of the key players a bit of a rest. Luton better than us at everything today. A really tough place to come to and a draw would’ve been a great result. Need to find some consistency. 

Interesting reading opinions - which see saw as much as our performances and results.

As many predicted - 2nd half we struggled against a more robust team. If the early chance had gone in, we probably would have won (which seems to be the way for most teams in the Championship).

Though I am already sick of hearing about the "project" - we do have to give JDT time.

• Like 1