BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

44 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Millwall are a horrible side with an even horrible manager in Rowett.

I will gladly take the 3 points, get the team chilled out for the epic journey into South Wales. For me, Rovers needed a Dack central to the formation but I fear his longevity at Ewood is coming to an end unless he can get himself in the starting 11.

We move on and put the points in the bag

I think it's clear JDT simply does not fancy him.

The manager sees him in training every day and one can only assume either Dack no longer has the physical fitness required or he wont play to the manager's instruction.  If it's neither of those points then his scarce use is unfathomable.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Hodgson , but he wasn't in situ , I think...so Parkes

Might be wrong here but I think Per Frandsen was a Brian Kidd signing and Kidd was sacked only a few weeks later.

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

JRC needs a move in January. He’s done here. 

Totally agree.

Understand he turned down a loan move to a northern League 2 club - if correct, he should have jumped at it.  Think his confidence is totally shot and he needs to prove to himself he can do something even at League 2 level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So that's JRC out the club and Bucko can't get a game....who'd have thunk it...? 🤔

Is he out or is that just your wishful thinking? You are very quick to criticise academy players for some reason. As it happens I don't see what Morton brings to the table . He was shit today (again) . Buckley is a far better option 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

That's right but Per Pedersen was signed remotely by Hodgson or possibly Ericsson..?

My recollection is Tony Parkes signed Per Pedersen for a fee of about £2million.  I vaguely recall Parkes saying at the time it was 'my signing'.  Don't recall either Hodgson or Ericsson having any links to Danish football in the 10 years or so prior. 

• Like 1

Delighted with a win against a team that is defensive and solid with not much threat going forward unless they bring on more attacking options and change formation. 

First half was caging from both teams looking not to give much away in the first half.                     

JDT sent the players few minutes early out for the second half, and we watched a better performance. More tempo and movement from them. We scored 2 goals even if each goal had a bit of luck about it. I didn't see Millwall scoring today. Rovers did more than enough to see the game out apart from 2 good chances for them. I think we just about deserved to win the game.           

Hedges's right wing back position was shock and I didn't understand it at the start of the game. It worked overall cos Hedges was our best attacking player today. My man of the match was Hedges and Hyam. 

I think we seen glimpses from Hirst and Szmodics why we signed them. I didn't understand the Carter and Dack subs to be honest, but its 3 points and we are 6th after 11 games which I didn't think we would be under JDT at this stage of the season. 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

44 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What is Wharton doing with the under 23s? Twice in a row now. Needs to be in the squad every game now. It’s not like we have any other half decent CM options on the bench either.

Cos JDT prefers Morton and Travis has his first choice pairing which is understandable, and I think Morton had a good game today

40 minutes ago, J*B said:

JRC needs a move in January. He’s done here. 

Should have left in the summer.                    

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos JDT prefers Morton and Travis has his first choice pairing which is understandable, and I think Morton had a good game today

Why is it understandable?

Think Wharton is already a class above Morton and although his game time will need management he should be 1st choice alongside Travis.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Think Wharton is already a class above Morton and although his game time will need management he should be 1st choice alongside Travis.

Not for me at this stage. Morton is at Liverpool for a reason. Him and Wharton are very different types of midfielders aswell. Morton is our playmaker in that starting 11. 

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

All though I agree… I think even Wharton would of struggled in the middle today as there was no support from the front. We lack massively up there. 

We need a pacey RW/RF. I can’t bear to see Gally up there. A Trojan he is, however he can’t shoot, turns as fast as my nana & has one of the worst touches in our team. Does Markanday play there? I would love to see him on Tuesday with A Wharton in the middle.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me at this stage. Morton is at Liverpool for a reason. Him and Wharton are very different types of midfielders aswell. Morton is our playmaker in that starting 11. 

How are Morton and Wharton very different types of midfielders?

What do you think their strengths are?

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Kiddo signed Frandsen. I wish we had a Craig Hignett now. Have a look at some of the goals he scored.

Actually yeh i think Frandsen was brought in just before Souness came, i think frandsen had scored a lot of goals in the championship the season before, so he came highly regarded, but did very little for us, think possibly berkovic came in and claimed that attacking mid role (or have i got the wrong season again🤔😅