BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

How are Morton and Wharton very different types of midfielders?

What do you think their strengths are?

Mercer, you seen both players this season, so I don't understand why you this sort of question. Unless I'm mistaken you havent watch Rovers games at all this season

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Simply question  @chaddyrovers

Assuming Morton was 'our player' and we put Buckley, Morton and Wharton up for sale.  Who do you think clubs would be straining at the leash to sign?

no idea 

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Actually yeh i think Frandsen was brought in just before Souness came, i think frandsen had scored a lot of goals in the championship the season before, so he came highly regarded, but did very little for us, think possibly berkovic came in and claimed that attacking mid role (or have i got the wrong season again🤔😅

Many Bolton fans regarded Frandsen as their best player. They were outraged, their manager resigned as he didn't want to sell.

At the time they claimed it was a sideways move.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gav said:

We've missed this lad massively in recent weeks.

Rovers 2 Millwall 1

Gallagher will be the first name on JDT team sheet after his performance today. Yes he lacked match fitness, but his work ethic is tremendous.

onwards and upwards

Edited by Gav

3 points literally all that matters on afternoon’s like today. You could see what we were trying but it didn’t quite happen for us really. Two goals out of nothing but 3 more points and in the playoffs on the 1st of October. Half of us the board thought we wouldn’t get a point from the first 6 games. 

Two winnable games next two as well!

9 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Sorry my fault. Getting mixed up with per frandsen and per pederson lol 😆😆

Per frandsen was a player. Not too sure about per pederson tbh as he only played 11 games and looked pretty shit when he did get a game

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hirst hasn't showed anything yet...hopefully he will soon. Thought Smodics looked the better of the two but both will only be subs at the moment.

szmodics did ok,he was always looking for the ball and willing to get p and down the flank,not sure about hirst,it may be lack of match fitness but it looks like the championship is a bit much for him

Good result, in a relatively poor match. You could see the game plan, however the offensive execution were lacking most parts. Hedges seems the only one that can pick up spaces, hold the ball and make something happen forwards. None of the front three was able to connect with the midfield which resulted in a lot of sideways and backwards passing. Defensively it looked ok, but we lacked ideas going foward. Breo wasn't at his sharpest, but scored a good goal. Gally gave his usual effort which made the goal for Dolan. Dolan is an enigma, still looks like the kid in the playground who never learned to pass. His effort and energy is top class for pressing, but pretty poor being an option when we try to pass through the lanes. 

Problem is that we don't have that many good options on the bench either, esp for the front 3. Hirst was a bit embarrasing as people has mentioned. Hard to gauge Dack, not one to make an impact when it's back to the walls stuff against Millwall. We're lacking option upfront with some pace and imagination. Millwall put on Burey which caused some havoc down the left, we lack that option of pace and trickery. Should be something to address in January.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Impressed with Edun as a left wing-back, Adam Wharton is majestic, Mola is not a center-half, JRC poor, Vale missed more than he scored, Leonard is physical and strong.

We know, hence why he shouldn’t be playing for our u21s, or any u21 side in the country.

11 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

We know, hence why he shouldn’t be playing for our u21s, or any u21 side in the country.

I think all centre forwards in the history of the game have missed more than they scored  tbh. Its getting into the positions to score that matters. The rest takes care of itself if you are a natural finisher

36 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Last season we took 5 points from the same fixtures (no Watford) 

Beating qpr and drawing with Luton and Millwall. Losing the rest. 

So although not good performance wise, we are 10 points better off than last season from the same fixtures 

And 2 points better off than first 11 games last season

Good context that, thank you for posting.

I don't really see why people reckon we will do worse than last season. We should be aiming to do at least as well. We lost Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell but Hyam, Brittain and Morton/A Wharton/Buckley seem roughly as good to me. Not really sure how we are supposed to have got worse, as evidenced by the results.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me at this stage. Morton is at Liverpool for a reason. Him and Wharton are very different types of midfielders aswell. Morton is our playmaker in that starting 11. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

How are Morton and Wharton very different types of midfielders?

What do you think their strengths are?

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Simply question  @chaddyrovers

Assuming Morton was 'our player' and we put Buckley, Morton and Wharton up for sale.  Who do you think clubs would be straining at the leash to sign?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, you seen both players this season, so I don't understand why you this sort of question. Unless I'm mistaken you havent watch Rovers games at all this season

no idea 

@chaddyroversif Morton and Wharton are very different types of midfielders then they must have different skill sets otherwise they would be the same!  Therefore, I asked you what you thought their strengths were - would love to read your thoughts especially as you seem to prefer Morton.

Yes, you are mistaken in that I have taken in a handful of Rovers' games this season both home and away plus those matches that have been on Sky.

I also asked you which of Buckley, Morton and Wharton would be the most sought after if Rovers were able to put all three up for sale (for argument's sake, assume Morton is our player).  Surprised your response is 'no idea'.  To me it's as blatantly obvious as to who you would take on a dinner date - Liz Truss or Beyonce! - perhaps you'd prefer Liz Truss!?

Edited by Mercer