BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

• Backroom

Take the win happily, but certainly doesn't change my mind that we'll finish mid-table this season (which I'm ok with, assuming towards the end of the season we're showing some level of consistency in playing style). 

• Like 3

Good win. Though to be fair Millwall were awful. And after being absolutely untroubled by them for 70 mins we looked very vulnerable towards the end though...

Feels to me like weve got the defence sorted generally. Need to still work on the midfield and forwards. We kept breaking down and wasting good breaks.

Got a very kind run of games till the world cup. Need to make the most of them. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Very poor performance, obviously delighted with the three points, though! 
We simply cannot give teams as many chances as we gave Millwall today and hope to win, because we won’t!

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's the result that matters, the rest was utter crap.

Szmodics ...... WTF, he points more than what's his name, runs but does SFA,  no I'll leave it at that

Im not Sure how you can dig out a substitute when the rest of the team played dog. 

Morton for me was poor today, looks like he could be a good player but underwhelmed by him.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 5

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Another poor managerial performance from JDT, doesn't look like the 'real deal' at all.

We may be in the top six, but we could very easily be in the bottom six.

But we're not! 

Sounds like the first half was pretty much a no show from both teams (happens often to all clubs after a longish break) 2nd half sounds like we turned up the tempo but still made it a little hard for ourselves.

But 3 points is 3 points🎉🎉

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Im not Sure how you can dig out a substitute when the rest of the team played dog. 

Morton for me was poor today, looks like he could be a good player but underwhelmed by him.

Szmodics .. he is not good enough to be even on the bench. That is why.

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Another poor managerial performance from JDT, doesn't look like the 'real deal' at all.

We may be in the top six, but we could very easily be in the bottom six.

Lol can’t believe I’m biting at this but sod it.

Have you seen the quality he’s got to deal with? I’ll judge this time next year when hopefully we have some ‘better’ quality. 

We need pacy wingbacks with quick forwards to how he wants to play.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

Might be uncouth to say, but I’ve enjoyed what’s happening to Middlesbrough after Lenihan’s “club going in the right direction” comments. Didn’t realise he was so keen to visit League One again, although maybe that’s the “right” level for him, who knows?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Much needed 3 points because if we play like that consistently then the better teams will murder us .. wins a win and I'm chuffed we held on but the tactics and subs etc I'm still very worried 

Yeah.... Going forward we got very little out of Brereton and Gallagher. Still think we should put an extra mid in and play just two strikers. The way we score is by getting the forwards in and around the box and find right pass.

Dack would have had a field day today at number 10.

• Like 2

Just now, Bethnal said:

Might be uncouth to say, but I’ve enjoyed what’s happening to Middlesbrough after Lenihan’s “club going in the right direction” comments. Didn’t realise he was so keen to visit League One again, although maybe that’s the “right” level for him, who knows?

Wasn't even in the squad again today was he!? Another suspension or is it an injury this time? 

Either way stuff him and I'm glad theyre doing sheeite with that manager that some on here thought was the bees dodaas

• Like 1