BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

• Backroom

Poland very lucky to go in at 0-0, that was as one sided a half as I can remember at this tournament (excluding Qatar who are well below the general standard). They need to have a different gameplan in the second half or will likely lose by 2 or 3. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sooner or later a completely wrong var decision will decide a major tournament and all hell will result,hopefully it will  bring about the end of it,var should only be used for goal line incidents or potential bad fouls that the ref has missed

1966, eh?

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sooner or later a completely wrong var decision will decide a major tournament and all hell will result,hopefully it will  bring about the end of it,var should only be used for goal line incidents or potential bad fouls that the ref has missed

I completely agree. Can you imagine the meltdown if that decision would be given against England? 
I love the game but decisions like that turn me off sometimes where I think it would be better not to watch. 
Yes Mike E the goal that never was, at least we got another. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

Good that the whole BBC panel calling that penalty out as a farce.

Messi seems to be getting away with no-one calling out his antics mind.

How does that HT chat go if Ronaldo had done the same. 🤔

What antics? He looked faintly embarressed to be given the penalty, but no player in this day and age would turn down a penaly. The goalkeepers hand did make contact with his face, I don't agreee that it was a penalty but the player is going to react to a hand in the face.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have plenty of good quality coaches in England and always have. Whether its young up and coming coaches or experience ones. 

With our continuous plethora of coaches of the highest order, don't you think that it's amazing how so few have gone on to manage abroad at either national or club level? These foreigners can't see what's right in front of them....

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

.....but the player is going to react to a hand in the face.

And a reasonable reaction is to roll 6 times and stay on the floor for about 40 seconds clutching a face like it's bleeding from the eyeballs. 

Just now, Silas said:

And a reasonable reaction is to roll 6 times and stay on the floor for about 40 seconds clutching a face like it's bleeding from the eyeballs. 

I guess I missed that I just saw him lieing on his back with his hands to his face.

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

With our continuous plethora of coaches of the highest order, don't you think that it's amazing how so few have gone on to manage abroad at either national or club level? These foreigners can't see what's right in front of them....

Probably cos the PL and English football is the place people want to manage in

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

VAR hasn't given the penalty, merely a recommendation to check his decision and the technology to be able to do so. The referee as an individual is to blame.

Plus it is just like saying that a general refereeing mistake could be a major issue, as it has been.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree that English coaches are poor quality or failures more than other nationality. We have some very talented quality coaches out there. 

They're so good in fact that not a single one has won the Premier League in 30 years and very few are deemed good enough to manage the so-called elite group of clubs. Why do you think that is? 

• Like 1