BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Walk Out Song

Whoever decided to play Sweet Caroline and follow it up with Status Quo’s Rockin all over the world at full time should be sacked immediately.

There are dozens of recorded versions of Singing the Blues, and any of them (except the Cliff Richard one) was the only choice of post match song today.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Whoever decided to play Sweet Caroline and follow it up with Status Quo’s Rockin all over the world at full time should be sacked immediately.

There are dozens of recorded versions of Singing the Blues, and any of them (except the Cliff Richard one) was the only choice of post match song today.

Singing the Blues is too "Birmingham City" for me. Sacking people because they chose two top songs is harsh. Ultimately, it's all irrelevant, just a bit of fun.

16 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Singing the Blues is too "Birmingham City" for me. Sacking people because they chose two top songs is harsh. Ultimately, it's all irrelevant, just a bit of fun.

It wouldn’t be harsh, it would be cause for an employment tribunal. It was clearly a bit of hyperbole.

Singing the blues has been sung at Ewood for decades… when Rovers win and Burnley lose!

• Like 3

Ah but that was never actually the walk out song. It was a nice little warm up number at 2.50pm.

Usually introduced by the great Gerald Jackson in the RR days, announcing ‘that soon the boys will be BACK IN TOWN…’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ah but that was never actually the walk out song. It was a nice little warm up number at 2.50pm.

Usually introduced by the great Gerald Jackson in the RR days, announcing ‘that soon the boys will be BACK IN TOWN…’

Yeah it should be though 😎

• 8 months later...
On 05/11/2022 at 18:09, Miller11 said:

Whatever the situation and whatever the occasion, Quo would never, EVER be the wrong choice. 

Had enough of wildrover.

" I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you on"

12 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Had enough of wildrover.

" I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you on"

If there was ever a song the crowd would sing like they do at West Ham, Sheffield United etc, it would be this ... music fades just before "I read the news ..." and the crowd take over.

• Like 3