BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Rothwell pissed on his chips before he left. Common knowledge that he doesn’t believe that he has any developing to do…but also accepted in the training ground that he completely downed tools after his move broke down in Jan. Mowbray tried publicly to protect him but everyone knew….Prob the reason he hasn’t had a sniff yet this season either.

I just can’t see a point where anyone would want him back.

I posted this at the time and was shot down big time. Travis especially was not happy one bit with his behaviour. 

• Like 4

Three overriding principles for me in this window.

We do not want any 'back up' players for the likes of Pickering etc - Pickering himself barely ticks the boxes.  We DO NOT need mere squad fillers.

We do not want loans like Morton, Hirst or Mola who have contributed little and blocked the progress of our own talents (as Morton has) or are utterly hopeless (Hirst and Mola).  Only loan players I would consider are those you can almost guarantee would be majorly beneficial to our team eg the likes of Harvey Elliott.  I would take Rothwell back in a heartbeat if we could (a class act at this level, makes things happen and  exciting to watch) - feck what Travis thinks, IMO,  he's useless and dispensable.

We only sign players who will command a place in the team and significantly improve it eg Hyam.  That is the only way we will move forward.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We do not want any 'back up' players for the likes of Pickering etc - Pickering himself barely ticks the boxes.  We DO NOT need mere squad fillers.

We do not want loans like Morton, Hirst or Mola who have contributed little and blocked the progress of our own talents (as Morton has) or are utterly hopeless (Hirst and Mola).  Only loan players I would consider are those you can almost guarantee would be majorly beneficial to our team eg the likes of Harvey Elliott.  I would take Rothwell back in a heartbeat if we could (a class act at this level, makes things happen and  exciting to watch) - feck what Travis thinks, IMO,  he's useless and dispensable.

We only sign players who will command a place in the team and significantly improve it eg Hyam.  That is the only way we will move forward.

Well, we won't have the budget to do much of that, so loans and cheap gambits it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

I still think Mola has shown for the U21s that he has something. The step up to the first team seems to be too much for him at this time. Perhaps he is a future championship player. I will stick to my feeling that he is best as a left sided midfield player

• Like 2

I think we need an experienced midfielder. 26-30y/o, possibly from Europe and definitely a permanent addition. Morton will go back either this window or the next and what we'll be left with is high potential, but inexperienced midfielders. 

I'd be taking Conor Bradley from Bolton for the 2nd half of the season. 

And I'd be looking for a player who can bang 5/6 free kicks in between now and the end of the season. Given how many of our games come down to one goal, or the first goal.

14 hours ago, Hasta said:

Rovers’ Director of Football Gregg Broughton said: “We are delighted to welcome George Hirst to Blackburn Rovers.

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him.

Therefore I’d say yes JDT had input.

Or it's the "Royal" we ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J*B said:

Think Gally does enough/is good enough to play a role as a striker for us. If I was in charge it would be an alternative/something different I would be buying. Feels like we only really have Dolan and Dack that offers something different. 

Markanday, through the middle, not as a wide striker.

Edited by rigger

10 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Bit of info that I have seen shared by a couple of posters on another forum that is worth sharing here. One of the posters was a former member here and somebody who I always viewed as being a good source of information.

As is usually the case, it appears to have come from 'sources' that each of them have, so feel free to take it as you wish. Anyway, the latest is:

1) Broughton has, apparently, interviewed three potential new signings in the UK during the week just gone. Two Scandinavians, one German. One of those three is an attacking midfielder.

2) A new midfielder was being shown around the club a few days ago and is set to sign. It's as good as done by the sounds of it. No idea who he is, which club he's from, his nationality etc.

3) Everton want BBD and will give us Ellis Simms in return. The rumour is they have bid £9m for BBD plus Simms but it has been turned down. I don't know if Simms is a permanent or a loan move in this equation.

Again, the info has come from two posters on another site, so I don't know any more than what has been mentioned above.

Everton have recalled Simms from his loan spell at Sunderland, so there might be something in the rumoured Rovers link.

If the above info is correct, I am glad we are looking at the central midfield area. Our powderpuff midfield has been brushed aside on too many occasions already this season. It's literally men against boys most weeks and definitely needs bolstering with a couple of solid additions, in my view.

Armin Gigovic is a Swedish attacking midfielder currently playing for the Danish club OB. He is rumoured to leave OB this window to go abroad again. JDT knows him from the Swedish League. It seems he passes the work permit calculator 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Gigović

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Armin Gigovic is a Swedish attacking midfielder currently playing for the Danish club OB. He is rumoured to leave OB this window to go abroad again. JDT knows him from the Swedish League. It seems he passes the work permit calculator 🙂

Does his suspended contract with Rostov mean anything?

3 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

At the end of this season, doesn't his contract revert back to his five year one with Rostov, in Russia ? 

From my somewhat limited insights into the Rovers dressing room, IF Rothwell came back (I know this is hypothetical), it would not be a popular move in the dressing room amongst any of the lads that were here last season. Scott W, Travis and Brereton the big ones in that regard. 

Can't understand why anyone would want him back either after the debacle of the end of last season, he walked around for 20 games.

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

From my somewhat limited insights into the Rovers dressing room, IF Rothwell came back (I know this is hypothetical), it would not be a popular move in the dressing room amongst any of the lads that were here last season. Scott W, Travis and Brereton the big ones in that regard. 

Can't understand why anyone would want him back either after the debacle of the end of last season, he walked around for 20 games.

He would fit right in then !

A lot of us have been calling for a Johnson style midfielder since pre season it was obvious for all the potential there might be in there we are far too lightweight.  Plus in games players need a bit of direction and a leader but i don't think our 'leaders' off the pitch think the same way.

Just like last season this side is only a few quality additions in the right areas away from being a strong team.

• Like 4

I think anyone expecting cash to be spent on permanent signings, particularly 'proven' calibre players or foreigners, is in for a disappointing window.

Someone like Rothwell would require a hefty contribution by Rovers towards his weekly wage which will stand at upwards of £20,000. 

What I'm expecting is perhaps another investment type signing along the lines of Markandy, Szmodics, Hyam - that being someone who has done well at the lower levels available for a reasonable price - and then perhaps a shuffle around on the loans. If we look at what we did last January I'm expecting similar - small amount of money spent back then on Hedges and Markandy, Giles on loan - that sort of business.

10 hours ago, J*B said:

I posted this at the time and was shot down big time. Travis especially was not happy one bit with his behaviour. 

You were absolutely bang on the the money. Confirmed by quite a few….for JDT to bring back he’d have to go against the coaches and most influential players wishes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think anyone expecting cash to be spent on permanent signings, particularly 'proven' calibre players or foreigners, is in for a disappointing window.

Someone like Rothwell would require a hefty contribution by Rovers towards his weekly wage which will stand at upwards of £20,000. 

What I'm expecting is perhaps another investment type signing along the lines of Markandy, Szmodics, Hyam - that being someone who has done well at the lower levels available for a reasonable price - and then perhaps a shuffle around on the loans. If we look at what we did last January I'm expecting similar - small amount of money spent back then on Hedges and Markandy, Giles on loan - that sort of business.

I could live with that sort of business, if they are used correctly.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

…upwards of £20,000. - Try £60k!!!!! 🙈

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Agreed - wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of ex players like Rakip and Berget turn up. Both out of contract in their league, have played for and done well for JDT before so will tow the line and help to flush the old regime out…🤷🏽‍♂️

If they can find a couple more players as good as Hyam and Brittain I’d be delighted 😀 

• Like 2