BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

If he does, then someone on Rovers' staff would need to be strung up by their knackers. Based on the evidence presented by the lad himself though, I am guessing no-one is worrying about their knackers down Ewood / Brockhall way 😉

As things stand, the lad is actually in the way, rather than adding anything of interest or value to Rovers' prospects.

Agreed

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not that I rate Hirst but he really wasn’t going to score many with how we’ve been playing.

Think with the service he is at the top end of League 1 and possibly low end championship standard. 

The three things you need as a striker playing up front - Service, service, service. One half chance every game isn’t service. Gally and BBD are struggling for goals for exactly the same reason.  Having said that if you’re not getting good ball at least you should be putting yourself about a bit. Leaving the opposition centre halves without a mark on them helps nobody.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He's made 1 appearance all season for them, not sure if he's been injured though. Was their best player against Palace when he came on. 

Their fans are going mad as to why he’s not starting so not sure what’s going on. There will be up roar if they loaned him out…He’s been on our radar for a while so there must be something in it.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

If JDT left Hirst out of the last squad on purpose then it's really in Leicester's best interest to recall him. 

The LET article says that Hirst signed a new deal before coming to Ewood so if Leicester aren't going to use him (which they won't) they'll use the loan market to recoup some of the wages they are paying him. 

If Rovers want quality they'll have to pay for it. Without that I don't see much value in the January transfer window. 

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

Feel oddly bad for Hirst. I don't think it's down to him as a person I just don't think he is very good. Weather he got a leg up because of his Dad or whatever but the simple fact is he doesn't seem anywhere near championship standard. He hasn't had much of a run but in his cameos he's been poor. Surprised to read he is 24 next month. He will end up in league one I imagine. Best to part ways now anyway.

Hirst won't be anywhere near league one.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would presume that surely a whole new recruitment team having time to get settled wouldnt resort in going back repeatedly to Maja and Dembele.

Decent player but I'd hope we sign someone a bit more prolific.

50 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hirst won't be anywhere near league one.

He has already proven himself in League One. He has twice shown he doesn't have it yet at Championship level. Whichever way you meant this comment, I struggle to see why you say it with such confidence.

This article seems to imply that Mola can't be sent back by us under the conditions of the loan, and overtly states that Hirst can't, meaning we are reliant on the parent clubs recalling them. Those seem like bad terms to agree to unless the players are costing almost nothing.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23225349.george-hirst-update-blackburn-rovers-eye-attacking-move/

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He has already proven himself in League One. He has twice shown he doesn't have it yet at Championship level. Whichever way you meant this comment, I struggle to see why you say it with such confidence.

Because I have seen him play for the U21s, this season.

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because I have seen him play for the U21s, this season.

League One teams are going to go off what he actually did already in League One though, not what he has been up to in the ressies.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1