BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

So, on this Undav guy. Some of you seem excited about this one. Personally, I hadn't heard of him before. Is this just me not keeping up with the changing generations of footballers, or is it more a case of the collective dumbing down of us as Rovers fans, and our expectations, that this might be sold as the "highlight" of our transfer window, and whom we should be biting our nails over until (if) he joins??

Genuine question and I might well be betraying my ignorance. 

Edited by Devon Rover
The least I can do is spell his name correctly!

10 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

So, on this Undav guy. Some of you seem excited about this one. Personally, I hadn't heard of him before. Is this just me not keeping up with the changing generations of footballers, or is it more a case of the collective dumbing down of us as Rovers fans, and our expectations, that this might be sold as the "highlight" of our transfer window, and whom we should be biting our nails over until (if) he joins??

Objectively. Scored a lot of goals in Belgium.

Hasn’t in the PL.

Unknown quantity in the championship.

I don’t know if it’s dumbing down or sheer desperation for a centre forward who knows where the net is after so long.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

I've never heard of him but he's got a good goal scoring record wherever he's been. He's a 1-in-2 striker. Did well in the Belgium top division. At 26 he's in his prime and he's coming from a Prem team that buys good players. It's a huge upgrade on Hirst on paper. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I've never heard of him but he's got a good goal scoring record wherever he's been. He's a 1-in-2 striker. Did well in the Belgium top division. At 26 he's in his prime and he's coming from a Prem team that buys good players. It's a huge upgrade on Hirst on paper. 

I would take a risk on saying, even without seeing him play, he will be an upgrade on Hirst.

• Like 1

Is there any chance of a buy option for Undav? Similar to the Hirst deal, or is that pie in the sky stuff? No idea how much Brighton bought him for.

Although they've not been as effective as I'd hoped. It was refreshing to see an option for both Mola and Hirst. 

Edited by Traviscon

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

Looking at his clips on YouTube, he certainly is poacher. If we can get him the service he will be decent…IF we get him the service…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

Why would you keep track of European players as a fan when we don't have a European Scout?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t disagree generally, but BB (without the D) had not outgrown us in late 2020, first half of 2021, just like SG hadn’t last season.

The Gallagher contract extension was criminal then and remains so now.

You can't possibly he holding him up as the standard - Mowbray did that to spite us. He'll be one of our top earners and he's simply not good enough to warrant that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, not wherever he's been. 0 goals for Brighton. Had a season (2018/19) in the third German tier where he scored 6 in 35. Until 2020/21 season he played his whole career in the third German tier or below. Mostly below. In leagues of any note, he basically has two and a half seasons, where yes he has been about 1 in 2. The Belgian league is a mixed bag of teams though, some are trash, some play regular CL and would likely woop us.

The 0 for Brighton comes from just 8 games and the Prem can be a tough nut to crack. Hopefully the Championship is the right level for him to get back on the goal trail.

Can't see what Brighton would gain by sending him to Belgium again, he can't achieve anything there they haven't seen. Surely better to try and get him scoring in England. Sounds like this one will happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Well, not wherever he's been. 0 goals for Brighton. Had a season (2018/19) in the third German tier where he scored 6 in 35. Until 2020/21 season he played his whole career in the third German tier or below. Mostly below. In leagues of any note, he basically has two and a half seasons, where yes he has been about 1 in 2. The Belgian league is a mixed bag of teams though, some are trash, some play regular CL and would likely woop us.

The 0 for Brighton comes from just 8 games and the Prem can be a tough nut to crack. Hopefully the Championship is the right level for him to get back on the goal trail.

Can't see what Brighton would gain by sending him to Belgium again, he can't achieve anything there they haven't seen. Surely better to try and get him scoring in England. Sounds like this one will happen.

He's played a grand total of 94 minutes in those 8 appearances in the Prem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Gallagher contract extension was criminal then and remains so now.

You can't possibly he holding him up as the standard - Mowbray did that to spite us. He'll be one of our top earners and he's simply not good enough to warrant that.

Don’t be daft. 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Just a heads up on the Wikipedia stuff,  anyone can edit wiki, so take what ever it says on undav with a pinch of salt

I have a memory that a while back - I think in the later prem years - we were linked with a youngster from a relatively obscure league. Someone on here edited his Wikipedia page to claim that he was the Bulgarian (or whatever, I forget where he was from) u21 100m record holder, with a time so stupidly Usain Bolt good that it should have been an obvious hoax. The next day actual newspapers went with 'rovers chase Bulgarian speed merchant' as a story.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I have a memory that a while back - I think in the later prem years - we were linked with a youngster from a relatively obscure league. Someone on here edited his Wikipedia page to claim that he was the Bulgarian (or whatever, I forget where he was from) u21 100m record holder, with a time so stupidly Usain Bolt good that it should have been an obvious hoax. The next day actual newspapers went with 'rovers chase Bulgarian speed merchant' as a story.

Hahaha class!