BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Sorba Thomas was a key player in the Huddersfield team that reached their playoffs. He's good player who will improve how set play qualities. Lets wait and see what the agreement is and what is announce when he signs first before we all start kick off over terms we simply don't know about yet. Was only 2 hours ago we didn't even know we were signing him. I think we are looking at this player to replace BBD next season when he goes to Villareal in the summer. Could be loan with perm deal in the summer of around 1 to 2 mil. So the money will come out of next season budget not this one. 

I did say people need to be patience and we would sign quality players before the window ends which this is one of. Lets see who else we sign before the deadline 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sorba Thomas was a key player in the Huddersfield team that reached their playoffs. He's good player who will improve how set play qualities. Lets wait and see what the agreement is and what is announce when he signs first before we all start kick off over terms we simply don't know about yet. Was only 2 hours ago we didn't even know we were signing him. I think we are looking at this player to replace BBD next season when he goes to Villareal in the summer. Could be loan with perm deal in the summer of around 1 to 2 mil. So the money will come out of next season budget not this one. 

I did say people need to be patience and we would sign quality players before the window ends which this is one of. Lets see who else we sign before the deadline 

Replace our main goal threat with a winger with 3 goals in 70 games?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Sorry but I disagree, goes against what they have been saying in regards to a project, will only hinder game time for dolan, markandy or Hedges and then fucks back off again 

He's better than all three of them. For a start. It's a deal out of the blue because he's been frozen out at Huddersfield. Similar to what I was saying a month ago about Dack being reunited with mowbray. He's come back into the fold thankfully and is getting back to his best. If it wouldn't of gone that way I can guarantee clubs would've took a punt on dack. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Our seemingly reliance on loans this windows is disappointing.

The noises up until now were that we would have a quiet window, or that we'll rely on loans and freebies. At least that was my understanding of it. I don't understand what people are expecting in comparison to reality.

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How do you know what we paid?

£1.8 million plus add ons.  Source posh chairman- reported in LET -  Unless you know otherwise? 

Edit: To be fair though, on what he's shown to date, the add ons won't be much. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

5 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Nikita Haikin will be off to Bristol City it seems.

Haikin would have been a bit of a non-essential signing in my opinion. He's not going to uproot Kaminski, and so wouldn't have had an impact on the first team. Unless something happens quickly with Pears going out on loan, the 'keeper situation is fine as it is as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Haikin would have been a bit of a non-essential signing in my opinion. He's not going to uproot Kaminski, and so wouldn't have had an impact on the first team. Unless something happens quickly with Pears going out on loan, the 'keeper situation is fine as it is as far as I'm concerned.

Depends if the plan was to sell Kaminski in the summer as we could possibly get a lot of money for him. It also depends on if GB/JDT think he's better than Kaminski. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that's more down to off the pitch than on. Why he can't get in the side from the sounds of it. You're also failing to include the fact he has got 18 assists in those 70 games. Six of which are this season in that same struggling side. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We are replacing him positionally with the aim of bringing a striker to replace his goals I would suggest. Also don't BBD was our main goal threat until last season and someone very few people had faith in him. 

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't say it's pointless because the team needs pace and we don't have a genuine winger

But when a struggling club like Huddersfield presumably don't deem him good enough and they've just signed 2 more wingers then you have to ask questions as to why we're taking him on

Maybe him and the manager don't get on.There could be any number of reasons.

They made the playoff final last year and he played a major role in getting them there

• Like 1

I don’t know much about him, but Thomas looks like a proper winger. Likes to stay wide and deliver the ball into the box. Quite excited about this one providing he doesn’t get the same treatment that Giles did last season from Mowbray. Championship ready players are what we need -  nothing wrong with a bit of well directed short-termism to try and secure a spot in the playoffs.

We do need to address the fact he’d have nobody to cross to, but that’s as much about tactics as personnel.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Maybe him and the manager don't get on.There could be any number of reasons.

They made the playoff final last year and he played a major role in getting them there

The bottom line is he's cheap and he's available and he's another loan, but not necessarily what the team needs most

That fits the Project model

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The bottom line is he's cheap and he's available and he's another loan, but not necessarily what the team needs most

That fits the Project model

Not disputing the first two points at all, but i wouldn't say we don't need him.

One thing lacking in this Rovers side is sheer pace somewhere on the pitch, he looks like he could provide it.

He played on the left hand side against us at Ewood earlier in the season and we couldn't get near him in the last half hour or so, think he missed a sitter though.

I actually like the sound of this if he's an actual winger and has 6 goals and 18 assists to his name at Champ level.

We create nothing in a lot of games and seem to put more stock in running around off the ball stats than anything with it.  Although the reservation is we don't play with wingers so where will he be shoehorned in ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1