BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

5’-11” is tall ? Well I suppose it is in Bangkok.

Check the average height of men in the UK.

A gathering of not tall men.

Locally average height is increasing quite a bit and many youngsters are taller than me, the average UK male.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You actually think he's going to make the difference?

Could do. He has everything we've been missing up to now.

Pace automatically helps with both defending and attacking, and being a dedicated set-piece taker will help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Could do. He has everything we've been missing up to now.

Pace automatically helps with both defending and attacking, and being a dedicated set-piece taker will help.

Not directed at you specifically Mike but I'm amazed at how easily placated most of the fan base seems to be.

After 25 days the m/b was (rightly imo) in meltdown over the lack of new faces. Now, borrow someone in in  a position in which we don't particularly need any further cover and relatively speaking everyone seems happy as a pig in shit.

For me this is a bit of a nothing signing that merely blocks our own players from getting game time. If it ends up being in addition to the players we REALLY need like a goalscorer and a midfielder who'll add a bit of guile and steel, fair enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20230125-213500.png

Too bad there’s no purchase option. Seems a stretch a player who can’t find minutes for a relegation side will provide much short term boost.  Know he was good last year so Hope I’m wrong, but would be happier if we had an option to buy 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This place is hilarious.

We've just signed a pacey (something we've been missing) winger on a loan who was near the top of the assists chart last year, yet 90% of the posts are complaining about:

Who's he going to cross to?

Which young winger is he going to replace?

Why is there no option to buy?

He doesn't score enough.

Why are Huddersfield letting him go, what's wrong with him?

Lighten up - he was literally mentioned on here earlier in the season as someone we'd (the fans) would love to have - well now we do.

Rather than take the piss ( that's the easy bit) tell me who he'll be crossing to?

"This place" really can be hilarious eh?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not directed at you specifically Mike but I'm amazed at how easily placated most of the fan base seems to be.

After 25 days the m/b was (rightly imo) in meltdown over the lack of new faces. Now, borrow someone in in  a position in which we don't particularly need any further cover and relatively speaking everyone seems happy as a pig in shit.

For me this is a bit of a nothing signing that merely blocks our own players from getting game time. If it ends up being in addition to the players we REALLY need like a goalscorer and a midfielder who'll add a bit of guile and steel, fair enough.

This is now the malaise of the Club. Our fanbase has been beaten down to accept any crumbs going our way. We're Blackburn rovers ffs not Bristol rovers. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Broughton calling him a 'game changer '. Fuck me he's talking about him like he's the next messi.  He's a decent player no more than that. How far we've fallen when we used to have game changers like duff, tugay jansen etc

The comforting and expert words of Greg "George was our main target all summer" Broughton.

I find it fairly interesting that he's referring to the player in terms as though he might be seen as a potential impact sub rather than a guaranteed starter.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I take a small comfort that until this afternoon, nobody had a clue he was coming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's amazing how triggered some people are by a bit of good news.

For their sake, I hope we don't sign anyone tomorrow. 

Shouldn't bite but.......

Perhaps if we filled a position we actually needed to fill, certain people like myself might be a bit more enthusiastic!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Not too bothered about porteous. The last 'big thing' we signed from Scotland was David goodwillie and he turned out to be shite

Or how about the last Hibbee we missed out on - John McGinn...

We can't compete with Watford financially due to parachute payments. Not a lot we can do about it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Rather than take the piss ( that's the easy bit) tell me who he'll be crossing to?

"This place" really can be hilarious eh?

I'm taking the piss? Give over.

As for who he'll cross to - well he'll immediately be our best set piece taker, so everyone.

From open play, whoever is in the front 3 alongside him. You don't always have to cross for a header (as lord knows none of our current group can win those).

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Shouldn't bite but.......

Perhaps if we filled a position we actually needed to fill, certain people like myself might be a bit more enthusiastic!

We have needed a winger who can take his man on and get the ball in the box 

It’s just a bit stale up top. The lad might change

This next part isn’t aimed at you Rev, but you get the impression a few take the highly critical route for the sake of it. If he doesn’t succeed it is an easy told you so, if he does then it’s easy to say “well I obviously wanted him to succeed” 

Its a no lose situation 

This “pacy winger” that has often been the buzzword has arrived, albeit for a short loan, so let’s just see how the lad gets on 

• Like 2