BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

All our rivals are making serious strides in the transfer market and we're faffing about missing out on players we never had a chance with. This window will determine a. Whether we're serious about promotion and b. Whether Broughton is an upgrade.  It's going to be another damp squid I mean squib

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

All our rivals are making serious strides in the transfer market and we're faffing about missing out on players we never had a chance with. This window will determine a. Whether we're serious about promotion and b. Whether Broughton is an upgrade.  It's going to be another damp squid I mean squib

What serious strides would those be?

16 minutes ago, roverandout said:

All the teams around us are strengthening with players that would walk into our team. We've signed a player on a 6 month loan that isn't a huge upgrade on what we already have

Only 4 players in the championship have created more chances than Sorba Thomas in the championship this season. Of course he’s an upgrade on what we have. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Villareal's Nicholas Jackson has failed a medical at Bournemouth ahead of his £22.5m move. Although Danjuma has left Villareal on loan, I wonder if the prospect of them both being back at Villareal in summer will have an impact on Brereton Diaz going there.

I very much doubt that, he's a bright young talent with a big reputation. Absolute no-brainer! Doesn't work out then they'll probably loan him out somewhere.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

A. We aren't, never have been or never will be 

B. He isn't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Where's this Lucas Joao rumour come from? I'd be delighted to have him back. 

It’s never been a rumour with us. It just got announced that Reading were open for letting him go.

Although it wouldn’t do any harm putting an offer for him. 4 days left and we still need a CF…He may be the best option we have at this later stage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Where's this Lucas Joao rumour come from? I'd be delighted to have him back. 

There seem to be some rumblings amongst Reading fans Joao might go in this window. He hasn't had the best of seasons, and I think his contract is up in summer.

I can't see it happening unless it's a loan. His wages appear to be on the high side of the scale.

Jao is just the type we need in our squad but no way are these lot paying him 15k a week to start from the bench most weeks.

Now if we could sell Gallagher and sign him i'd certainly consider it because there's more goals and assists in him i reckon.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Jao is just the type we need in our squad but no way are these lot paying him 15k a week to start from the bench most weeks.

Now if we could sell Gallagher and sign him i'd certainly consider it because there's more goals and assists in him i reckon.

Yeah for me Gally has to go in summer along with a few more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Villareal's Nicholas Jackson has failed a medical at Bournemouth ahead of his £22.5m move. Although Danjuma has left Villareal on loan, I wonder if the prospect of them both being back at Villareal in summer will have an impact on Brereton Diaz going there.

They are supposedly signing Perez from Leicester on loan till the end of the season,if they were going to make an early move for Brererton you would think it would have happened by now 

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why would he be starting from the bench most weeks? If he gets into even a semblance of form, he's better than anyone we have up top bar Brereton (who is distinctly out of form).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Now a  motivated Lucas Jaoa would be a great signing at the top end of the pitch for 6 months.   Exactly what we need.  Quick, physical and unpredictable.  

Problem is he's very hot and cold.  Hot and he's nigh on unplayable at this level.  Cold and he'll just be a gangly Vale. 

when he`s on it he is a handful for anybody,when he was on loan to us in 2017  he definately was more cold than hot

• Like 1