BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

I thought Sheff Utd were under a transfer embargo?

Or is it one of those embargoes that still enables you to sign players and spend more money than compliant Rovers?

We know how this goes. Only a few weeks until Waggott turns up at the next Fans Forum meeting telling everyone that a couple of quality players were sat in the office at Brockhall ready to sign, everything agreed but we just ran out of time or the goalposts moved at the 11th hour.

Standard bullshit from the king of bullshit, yet carries us through to the summer with fans convincing themselves we did all we could.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The hope is creeping back into me...when will I learn. O Brien would be unreal and the arrival of Shelvey pushes him further down the pecking order. Our league position probably looks quite appealing to him.

Send the scouse wally back aswell in one go, great deadline day

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The hope is creeping back into me...when will I learn. O Brien would be unreal and the arrival of Shelvey pushes him further down the pecking order. Our league position probably looks quite appealing to him.

And sorba may give him a nudge but if Berge leaves Sheff united then you know there’s only one place he’s going. Berge will be sold late on, we will hang around and Sheff will swoop in on the last minute.

• Like 3

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

And sorba may give him a nudge but if Berge leaves Sheff united then you know there’s only one place he’s going. Berge will be sold late on, we will hang around and Sheff will swoop in on the last minute.

aren't they under embargo

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I thought Sheff Utd were under a transfer embargo?

Or is it one of those embargoes that still enables you to sign players and spend more money than compliant Rovers?

We know how this goes. Only a few weeks until Waggott turns up at the next Fans Forum meeting telling everyone that a couple of quality players were sat in the office at Brockhall ready to sign, everything agreed but we just ran out of time or the goalposts moved at the 11th hour.

Standard bullshit from the king of bullshit, yet carries us through to the summer with fans convincing themselves we did all we could.

They are under an embargo but would be able to come out of it if they sold Berge so that's a decision they have to weigh up.

Luton about to sign Marvelous Nakamba on loan from Villa. An experienced centre mid, a very good signing for this level.

Onomah to Preston too, as has been mentioned already.

Those two clubs are going about it the wrong way. They don't have parachute payments either. Why haven't they gone for a kid from Villa/Fulham instead? Won't somebody think about the finances?

It has the feel of one of those Venky special deadline days again. Watching everybody else make signings whilst knowing deep down we'll bring sod all in. We'd be better off having no owners, instead of having this lot. A waste of time they are.

• Like 4

Undav and O'Brien needs to happen if we want to stay in the play off places.

If we're quibbling over minimal amounts of money then it's a poor do. I imagine O'Brien will be us trying to get that promotion fee down - which is stupid. I'm sure we could afford to write off £10m as the promotion money would give us more than enough. If we don't get promoted then we don't pay it.

As others have said, if promotion isn't a priority this season then why are we letting Brereton go without a fee? It makes absolutely no sense and it's terrible business. Imagine who we could have signed if we'd sold him.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Undav and O'Brien needs to happen if we want to stay in the play off places.

If we're quibbling over minimal amounts of money then it's a poor do. I imagine O'Brien will be us trying to get that promotion fee down - which is stupid. I'm sure we could afford to write off £10m as the promotion money would give us more than enough. If we don't get promoted then we don't pay it

If we somehow get promoted I don't want Lewis Obrien in my midfield. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It all back of a fag packet stuff, management on the hoof. Projects and plans? There is no plan that anybody with any sense can see. The only plan should be promotion this season and not looking beyond that. But we are hearing that the playoffs are not really part of the project yet. They insult our intelligence and yet expect us to keep turning up, paying our money and put trust in the process.

Why on earth do we bother.

I get the general sentiment but I can't agree with this in bold. We need short, medium & long term plans, that's why a DoF is here. They're all as important as each other but the medium & long term plans need to be fixed with defined goals at various stages.

The short term plan needs to dovetail with those, whilst being flexible enough to take advantage of promising situations, or indeed to mitigate threatening ones. That's where the club fell down last January and seems to be doing so again.

And the common denominator there is not GB or JDT.

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

If I had to bet, I would say Sheff United will sell Berge to get out of their embargo and loan OBrien to get them promoted. 

Berge is a better player which is why Premier League clubs want to sign him but don't want O'Brien. Sheffield United look very good bets to get promoted with their present squad so I don't understand why they would want to weaken it given that unless they can make another signing today the embargo is irrelevant for this season.

2 hours ago, Feed the Yak said:

There we have it, the focus of the club is not on the play offs. Makes me wonder why I bother watching, as my incentive to go is to see us win football matches and that clearly isn't the aim here.

Sick of it.

I asked Rich exactly this point, what is the point of our football team if there is no ambition or aspiration for promotion. Well placed for two successive seasons to give it a go but they are not focussed on it, WTF

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Iv said o Brien Al window but I just feel it’s bluster to look like we tried to fans as it inevitably falls apart at the last knocking of the window. So predictable 

It makes no sense from a development sense unless we're sending Morton back.

Two of our most advanced Academy graduates play CM (the third plays CB obviously) - so what's the plan, quickly loan out Garrett / Wharton and bring in O'Brien? Where does Buckley play if you've brought in two loanee CMs?

Does that still leave us with Vale / Gallagher starting at #9? Seems pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Nicko saying Lewis O'Brien?

Goodness me, what a signing he would be. I'd take just him if offered, one of the best players in the Championship for the past few seasons, middle of the park depth.

Come on Rovers.....make it happen!!

Would be absolutely delighted but can’t see it ! Only chance is that he and Thomas are close pals 😂