BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Does anyone really kid themselves and think we follow a normal club?

We're on life support and the Academy is our ventilator. Without that last gift from Jack Walker we'd literally be in League 2, if not liquidated. 

I've been hopeful since the summer that Broughton (and by extension JDT) can stem some of the bleeding by implementing a long-term plan, but their hands are tied if those above them can't even handle basic administrative tasks. 

This thread and indeed the site wouldn't be so active if we all thought it was a joke club that can barely function. What would be the point in following it? I would assume we all want to believe that, despite the nonsense, we mostly function normally. And based on recent league finishes there is some level of credibility to the idea, regardless of anything else that's going on.

The fact you were hopeful that two employees, who are both in reality total novices at their jobs, could do enough to turn the club around, for example, suggests that you don't think it's that bad. I imagine we're all in that position where we really want to believe it isn't. But this kind of horrendous mistake suggests it probably is, and JDT/Broughton, with their very limited experience, are pushing a boulder that is far too heavy up a hill that is far too steep. 

It will send me bonkers the next time I hear about...

The project!

Because we've had it confirmed that the project is utter bullshit now.

I include JDT, coaches and playing staff in that (as in it's now been confirmed for them it's bs).

What a message to send out.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Almost feels like they don’t give a shit. 

Whoever is the ultimate power broker at Ewood should have been in that office on deadline day with two players in the building, no excuses.

If however they've left people in charge who had the go ahead and authority to sign and send relevant documents in time then they need to man up and sack them.

Nothing whatsoever will happen just a set of excuses and buck passing to cover each others backs in the cosy gravy train.

Sickening but they'll all get paid whilst fans, team and the players miss out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

To be fair, I'd want to keep JDT and GB around, but sack off the rest.

At least the pair of them come across as hungry individuals who want to progress their respective careers.

Maybe they'd have more success with similar people in the commercial and administrative roles.

Broughton has done the sum total of feck all. Talks a good game but delivers nothing.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Whoever is the ultimate power broker at Ewood should have been in that office on deadline day with two players in the building, no excuses.

If however they've left people in charge who had the go ahead and authority to sign and send relevant documents in time then they need to man up and sack them.

Nothing whatsoever will happen just a set of excuses and buck passing to cover each others backs in the cosy gravy train.

Sickening but they'll all get paid whilst fans, team and the players miss out.

The biggest and most complex deal we've done in years and the CEO and Venky conduit are on a bus to Birmingham.

How utterly convenient to have plausible deniability.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Broughton has done the sum total of feck all. Talks a good game but delivers nothing.  

In fairness, the signing of Hyam and the new contracts for A.Wharton and Phillips have justified his first few months at the club.

But there's no getting from what's just happened under his watch.

• Like 6

Just now, Andy said:

In fairness, the signing of Hyam and the new contracts for A.Wharton and Phillips have justified his first few months at the club.

Fair enough I'll give him credit for philips and Wharton but he's failed badly in two transfer windows 

• Like 1

Begs the question why appeal? Its clear to everyone worldwide when and what time the Transfer Window closes so why would the football authorities change their rules because of incompetent people who should know better. Appeals are there to ensure a fair & proper system but the answer will not change from what has already been given unless there are some facts still to be revealed.

The other side of this is obviously the player's career but also us fans. Blackburn Rovers Football Club is a very big part of our lives. Some more than others will feel this in different ways. Personally I'm gutted. 

• Like 1

Trying to stay rational with this but my god they’ve dropped a bollock here.

The club have finally done the bare minimum and put out a statement and to be fair, they were on a hiding to nothing with it but at least it’s something.

If I’m being super generous, I can possibly accept that the LoB deal was more complicated than most and it would have been a rush to get things over the line.

However, there were several hours to sort it out and I can’t understand what the outside influences could be to prevent everything being submitted on time. 

But even if we give the club the benefit of the doubt on the LoB deal (which I’m not), the excuse for the Rochdale player is unacceptable. Paperwork not signed? Pathetic. One mistake is bad enough, but this is clearly a catalogue of failures.

As for Broughton, I’m judging him on how he reacts to this. Front up, own it and do whatever it takes to avoid this from ever happening again. It’s one of the most embarrassing episodes in the club’s recent history. 

Turns out my mum was right all along. I should have switched my allegiances to Newcastle when Shearer left.

And I’m a happy clapper.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Yes, Broughton found the deal and passed it to admin to do their bit, maybe naively believing them to be at least competent.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

To be fair, I'd want to keep JDT and GB around, but sack off the rest.

At least the pair of them come across as hungry individuals who want to progress their respective careers.

Maybe they'd have more success with similar people in the commercial and administrative roles.

Question marks over the 2 of them yet.

Maybe Broughton is blameless over the paperwork debacle but still we failed to address other areas of the squad including the main one a goalscorer.

I'm not having we didn't have the money as deals and finances were agreed for Undav and Kone.We had agreed to pay the £30 grand a week for O'Brien and if the media are to be believed tried to bring in Cook from Forest also on deadline day

Even if we were just to take the £30 grand for O' Brien 30k per week wouldn't have found us an upgrade in midfield or up front?15k a week for midfielder and 15 for striker would have us with a better first 11 imo

JDT is blameless over the window and has us is in a healthy position so has a bit more credit in the bank but nobody can say he has us playing to any sort of identity yet and the football is more often than not drab, he also makes some odd decisions, decisions I would have called the previous manager out for.

Wouldn't sack either of the 2 of them yet but Broughton in particular has to show a lot  more in the next window 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I had a long post typed out in reply to this, but deleted it because it's not the time or place. In summary though, he's not a miracle worker, but he's done far more good than bad in his short time here in my opinion.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The biggest and most complex deal we've done in years and the CEO and Venky conduit are on a bus to Birmingham.

There'll be plenty speculation on this but does make you wonder if GB etc have wanted this guy and set it all up whilst Waggot and the shadow man having not really fancied the numbers on it.

Edited by tomphil

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The conspiracy theory just doesn't stack up.

Waggot literally answers to the Venkys - and apparently all they're concerned about is the bottom line. All he has to say is "Sorry, Greg, but we can't afford O'Brien's wages or the financial commitment of £10m should we go up". WBA literally said that and, quite frankly, it's not an unreasonable position to take. 

All this failed transfer has done is shine a light on the general incompetence in our Board. Why would he want that to happen?