BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Here's what I got:

◇ Waggott apparently spoke for 10 minutes (with Silvester sat at a table looking like a naughty school boy). No Broughton, JDT, playing staff there.

◇ Said he decided to go to Birmingham at half 5 as the deal was basically done. Which in hindsight was a mistake.

◇ Said ultimately the blame will land on his door as the Chief Exec but now is not the time for blame.

◇ The Rochdale transfer isn't being appealed and will get done now but not for this season.

◇At some point in the evening there was a "moot point" issue, which cost them "27 minutes" - this is the reason for the missed deadline and the cause of the extenuating circumstances - he didn't expand.

◇ Dave Beresford (who I think is in charge of Ewood Park) queried that with the likely fan backlash coming on Monday night, asked if another statement would be put out before the game - to which another (unknown) member of staff vehemently stated that "Greg" has already done the statement and that it had been greeted with a fantastic positively recieved reation on socal media... 😵💫

◇ That was in, "yada yada yada, 1Rovers, Stick together" - Could have been an email

So he's billy-big-ball'd it with the staff (who aren't going to fire back at him), but he's sent Broughton out to face the music with the media?

What a slimeball.

• Like 5

Don’t think Greg is to blame tbh, unlucky with the striker situation, did everything he had to do with o brien and he’s been let down. Glad he’s come out and spoke as not many at ewood do and I still think he wants what’s best for rovers.  Waggot needs binning sharpish and the rest of the slimey scum. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Here's what I got:

◇ Waggott apparently spoke for 10 minutes (with Silvester sat at a table looking like a naughty school boy). No Broughton, JDT, playing staff there.

◇ Said he decided to go to Birmingham at half 5 as the deal was basically done. Which in hindsight was a mistake.

◇ Said ultimately the blame will land on his door as the Chief Exec but now is not the time for blame.

◇ The Rochdale transfer isn't being appealed and will get done now but not for this season.

◇At some point in the evening there was a "moot point" issue, which cost them "27 minutes" - this is the reason for the missed deadline and the cause of the extenuating circumstances - he didn't expand.

◇ Dave Beresford (who I think is in charge of Ewood Park) queried that with the likely fan backlash coming on Monday night, asked if another statement would be put out before the game - to which another (unknown) member of staff vehemently stated that "Greg" has already done the statement and that it had been greeted with a fantastic positively recieved reation on socal media... 😵💫

◇ That was in, "yada yada yada, 1Rovers, Stick together" - Could have been an email

Not good enough, Waggot has to go. The buck ultimately stops with him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think what BTB means is that Forest could still have named O'Brian as their last premier squad member, on the night that our deal looked in jeopardy, if they had wanted to.

I've quoted the wrong post, somehow. There was a post suggesting if we could just change the submitted deal to a straightforward loan.

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Everyone takes responsibility, but no-one is to blame.

For the love of god, can we all just move on please!

Gregg's amazing, not many DoF's could have brought in a loan player from Huddersfield. And so what if that's the first time the club have failed to do a deal because someone didn't send the right forms off. It's just coincidence it happened on Gregg's watch, it could have happened anytime in the last 148 years. 

Nothing to see here. 

When did Greggs wife join the forum 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

There are some real nutters amongst our fans aren't there?

Yeah and there's also a lot of prissy little spoilt Karens amongst our fanbase who love a scapegoat and just shout "sack him" and "shambles" and "disgrace" at the first person they see on TV, without really engaging their brains. People love a visible figure of hate. 

I think people don't like Broughton as he's well spoken, clearly educated and has good vocabulary, talks modern football lingo - he does the modern business advisor speak - and people feel like he's perhaps talking down to them in some way. But you get rid and what have we got? JDT out and Waggott overseeing recruitment? With the approach to ticketing and stadium maintenance I can see that going well...

If it does turn out to be his fault then fair enough, or if it's a cover up due to lack of inexperience, or some conspiracy that in the final minutes we were scared by the terms - I'm sure he would leave, but do fans really think he was the one sending the forms in?

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Here's what I got:

Calling an all-hands on virtually no notice is not the action of someone who thinks they have control of a situation. Something - and I have to doubt it’s a few Twitter replies - has spooked the exec level.

If we want something out of this, the fanbase has to press the advantage. Monday could be a huge evening in the recent history of the club, if the fanbase does make themselves heard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Waited until today to post my thoughts and have only just caught up with the last 20 odd pages of the thread. A lot of this has already been said. Apologies in advance for length of post.

An absolute farce of a situation and one which leads me to the conclusion that nothing will ever get better under these owners. Anything that can go wrong, does go wrong. Chance after chance to kick on passes us by. Embarrassment levels only increase. When that keeps on happening for 12 years and counting, what else is there to conclude apart from this club being cursed? There's no luck under these either, although luck has nothing to do with this debacle.

There have been many lows under this regime, but this one is particularly low. All summer and for the last few months others and me have been calling for us to go and get a "proper midfielder".

To then have the best midfielder in the Championship in recent times ready and willing to sign for us...a scenario which none of us would have deemed realistic on January 1st...but to mess it up due to some dickhead, with SEM links, not getting the paperwork right? It's unbelievable and raises many questions as to what might have happened. This is not the first time such a thing has happened either.

Glen's recent posts on Silvester were interesting and concerning at the sane time, and have helped to add a few more pieces to the jigsaw in my mind. Others who feel the same way, may also be joining the same dots.

Sadly, the club is finished, unless we can get this lot out or they decide to sell up. Nothing gets better until all of the poison is removed from the body.

My ire is aimed, in particular, towards Silvester and Pasha. The two with old ties. Anybody else at the club with SEM ties is fair game for me too. Get them all out. Rovers have been a shambles since late 2010 and it's about time we tried to establish what the root cause is.

I refuse to blame the fall guys any longer for this mess. Why was Bala's so called, right hand man, not overseeing such a big deal by being alongside Silvester? A deal which potentially involved £10m. I find that strange. If not him, why was the CEO not overseeing it through to the finish?

I actually feel for Broughton and JDT in this situation. I don't blame the former for this. He did his bit by having the O'Brien deal lined up.

I liken Broughton's work in this instance to what Cheston did a few years back, when he worked diligently to have Neil Warnock lined up to manage us. Only for Cheston's good work to be undone by tossers deciding Owen Coyle was a better idea. I wonder who suggested Coyle, and why?

Now, we have a similar situation where we have missed out on a top player at this level, who will probably never look at us again. Was somebody spooked by the money that was about to be spent on O'Brien in terms of wages and future transfer fee? Was it deliberate or a genuine error?

I find it hard to believe we were going to pay him £40k plus a week for the next six months and commit to a £10m permanent transfer when we have been scrambling around for cheap deals for years. Broughton says the "process" was set up 10 years ago. Firstly, by who? Secondly, who has been overseeing that process for the last 10 years? The answers to those two questions are crucial to understanding why the club is a mess.

He's not going to see this, but I'd like to apologise to Lewis O'Brien as a Rovers fan, in any case. This shambles is not the real Blackburn Rovers that we all know and love. Our club has been in a bad way for a long time and is a mess in the way that it is ran. We hope you get to play again this season for a foreign club, if that is possible.

Silvester should be the first one out on his ear, IMO. He's not likely to be going anywhere though. Him and Lowey were appointed way back and have remained in place despite all kinds of ins and outs at the club over the years. A bit strange, that. They must both just be very good at what they do. That, and Bala being a loyal guy too, of course.

The real issues are stemming from above the heads of Waggott and Broughton, imo. They are the only ones we see though and who front up. Someone mentioned patsy, Broughton is the patsy! A cynic might say that's exactly how some would like it.

Brilliant post, couldn't agree more. Well said. 👏👏👏

I have to say after Greggs interview I am satisfied that he deserves a chance.

everyone makes mistakes and this was collasal. He said processes would be looked at and changed, positive news. We can’t do anything now but just see where we are after 18 games but a massive lost opportunity:(

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Shipping him out 6 months after signing him for £9m, but they like him and they'll treat him like a professional, apparently.

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

Are you for real? 

Forest have no room to talk. 

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m not defending us but you can’t sign 29 players in six months and be respecting them all at the same time.

You must be signing some of them with little intention of playing them.

Come off it. There’s some serious deflection going on here. It’s not Forest’s fault the lad is in limbo.

If we got promoted and cleared the decks, replaced the lads who got us there with better, and splashed the cash it’d be all “no room for sentiment”.

Can anyone honestly say they gave Duncan Shearer a second thought when Alan was banging them in?

• Like 1

Load of bollocks from Broughton.  What kind of recruitment policy identifies that we need a striker - as outlined by the manager.  Then, despite trying and failing to land one, ignores the striker on the table to pursue a 'star' short term signing?

Which he still f**d up.

Club are taking the piss.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Fuck man, we messed it up. We had 31 days to find 2 strikers. LOB wasn't even what we needed, and was more just us lucking into that situation. 

The fact that we would have ended up with no striker is a farce. I don't care about Undav or Kone failure, the fact of the matter is this, we had enough time to find a striker that was capable of starting games. 

The Broughton interview is just a way to get certain fans to feel sorry for him, but in reality he and the entire board need to be sacked. Everytime we fuck up, Broughton will say some nice things, and fans will bow down again. We are a Joke of a club, run by morons 

Dunno why any of that was directed at me (quoted my post anyway). I know we messed it up, I used the term cockup in the same post you quoted. Doesn't mean I won't continue to look at things with balance. And I certainly don't feel sorry for him. As you say, although LOB would have been an excellent signing, the position wasn't the priority, striker was. I get that targets fall away and you can't control it, but we have needed a good striker signing for both the windows GB has overseen, and all we have mustered was Hirst, who was dogshit and is now gone. It ain't good enough however you slice it. The only thing in GB's favour in that regard is he hasn't been here all that long and there is probably a fair bit of work to sort out our shambolic recruitment. By this window though, I expected him to have been getting to grips with that. I know we have financial constraints too, but there ARE cheap gems out there, there always are. The problem is it takes skill to source them, and our recruitment department in general must still lack that. Between now and the next window, that should be where our recruitment focuses...on finding better recruitment staff! And of course a free agent striker of reasonable ability wouldn't go amiss.

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

I have to say after Greggs interview I am satisfied that he deserves a chance.

everyone makes mistakes and this was collasal. He said processes would be looked at and changed, positive news. We can’t do anything now but just see where we are after 18 games but a massive lost opportunity:(

How did an administrative cock-up (filling in a form correctly) become a "process"?

It's just management goobledegook which anyone who's come across these people in the corporate sector would instantly recognise

In plain English, they made a mess of something that the average schoolboy could do

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Come off it. There’s some serious deflection going on here. It’s not Forest’s fault the lad is in limbo.

If we got promoted and cleared the decks, replaced the lads who got us there with better, and splashed the cash it’d be all “no room for sentiment”.

Can anyone honestly say they gave Duncan Shearer a second thought when Alan was banging them in?

O'Brien didn't get them there. He got Huddersfield to the playoffs. Forest bought him as part of their 'clear the decks, replace the lads who got us there with better and splashed the cash' approach. Then within 6 months decided they don't need him. They also let him finish his training session before asking him if he wanted to move, for some bizarre reason.

It is of course, primarily (and by some way) still our fault. I just think they're being a tiny bit hypocritical by saying they care about the lad and haven't done anything wrong. But they're not my problem, the shambolic operation at Ewood is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Load of bollocks from Broughton.  What kind of recruitment policy identifies that we need a striker - as outlined by the manager.  Then, despite trying and failing to land one, ignores the striker on the table to pursue a 'star' short term signing?

Which he still f**d up.

Club are taking the piss.

Has he said that, that we ignored the striker target in order to pursue O'Brien? That's fucking idiotic if so. Not seen that comment from him so far though.