BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

• Backroom

Surely even the most blue and white tinted specs supporters now have to admit we have a major problem within the squad in terms of mentality? A loss every single time we go behind and, unless I'm mistaken, not a single goal scored in those defeats either. We can't just keep putting it down to bad luck. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So, the same as last season, good first half of the season and shite 2nd half potentially. Maybe the players left behind are the problem? 

I think there will some pressure on GB to explain these performances though. He's the head of football so he may need to stick his head above the parapet at some point. JDT will just smile it off, which in itself could become quite toxic. 

He's getting an undeserved free pass. And I don't buy that he wasn't here long enough to address the squad in Summer.

However as soon as the January window opened, we should have been signing a fullback, a midfielder and a number 9. The buck stops at his door for not being more proactive. Venkys should have been pushing for it and offering money to push on.

Rotherham haven't had a clean sheet in 7 games which tells you about the quality of our attacking options.

The other beef I have with GB is that he shouldn't have appointed Tomasson if the club wasn't or couldn't sign players for his "project". It should have been a more pragmatic appointment considering the state of the squad.

• Like 5

First thing any team, in any league has to do is become hard to beat. It’s the basis, it’s the fundamental starting point for any side.

we’ve lost 13 games so far. Only 2 clubs have lost more - and they’ve only lost one more. They are the two teams at the bottom of the league.

What does that tell me? It tells me there is a massive rebuilding job to do. Who’s going to do it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Getting hammered against a team expecting to be in League One next season. I thought we were good for a goal in the first half. Beyond that, we just gave up. People say it's the players, but when it's widespread throughout the squad, it has to be the manager.

He talks about passion and intensity. Have we seen any of that at any point in the last six months?

Did we get hammered? They won't score those first three goals again all season. 

We created the 4 best chances of the match and contrived to miss them all. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Lads and lasses, I know we are annoyed, but any baiting and you’re going to be on an enforced break from here.

No more warnings after this!

In case anyone missed it!

For the record, baiting could include very over the top positive comments.

We're not stupid enough not to realise what their purpose is. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, des said:

Well for me our forwards cannot score or even hold the ball up, our midfield work both with and without the ball is very poor. We should play a 3_5 2 with the team getting a grip of the middle of the park. 

Seemingly we don't need to, because Dack drops in to help out our midfield two.

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Pipe down, Waggot. We’re in a false position after another hammering. Bar the odd glimmer, we’ve been absolutely atrocious all season. 

We need an experienced Championship manager in. 
#JDTout

It would free up my Saturday afternoons - so maybe I should get on this bandwagon. 

It's certainly not fun watching a different game to most Rovers fans every week and trying to explain yourself. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

anyway guys, enjoy the rest of the day and I giving this place a wide berth for the rest of the day

Overreacting to a football match is us losing 1-0 a few times. 

We’ve just lost 4-0 to a relation battling team and have shipped 4 a few times in the last ten games. I think it’s completely justified to be questioning things 

Edited by Crozzy
  • Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did we get hammered? They won't score those first three goals again all season. 

We created the 4 best chances of the match and contrived to miss them all. 

Have to say this is the first time I can remember anyone saying "did we get hammered?" after a 4-0 defeat. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Surely even the most blue and white tinted specs supporters now have to admit we have a major problem within the squad in terms of mentality? A loss every single time we go behind and, unless I'm mistaken, not a single goal scored in those defeats either. We can't just keep putting it down to bad luck. 

Just the Bristol City game I believe.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nothing improves until the owners piss off.

But they aren’t going to - it’s highly likely that the family’s ownership of the club will outlive the majority of us.

Her son has been groomed to take over for some time, spends almost every home game watching from Jack’s old suite.

It’s wasted energy calling for the owners to leave; they won’t.

What is more pressing is the immediate failing of the team and the lack of spine running through it.

And the management team has to taken responsibility for that.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

We have a serious problem with quality - nobody can consistently hit the back of the net. Goals win games and we don't score enough of them. We had 4 golden chances today and missed them all - that's baffling. They didn't craft 1 clear cut chance and scored 4.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one defeat it back to this talk of sacking the head coach. Its really has stop from fans who over reacting every time to losing a game of football. Look at the league position and we are well above anyone expectations from the start of the season including even mine I am very positive person but I didn't expect by 3rd this season. 

anyway guys, enjoy the rest of the day and I giving this place a wide berth for the rest of the day

Every cloud !

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We have a serious problem with quality - nobody can consistently hit the back of the net. Goals win games and we don't score enough of them. We had 4 golden chances today and missed them all - that's baffling. They didn't craft 1 clear cut chance and scored 4.

If it was that bad could we really be 3rd though? 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Have to say this is the first time I can remember anyone saying "did we get hammered?" after a 4-0 defeat. 

I describe 'getting hammered' as being played off the park. 

A sliced shot, a 25 yard 'swing your foot through it' and a GK letting a corner go in direct does not equal hammered to me - but again I appreciate I watch a different game to most. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I describe 'getting hammered' as being played off the park. 

A sliced shot, a 25 yard 'swing your foot through it' and a GK letting a corner go in direct does not equal hammered to me - but again I appreciate I watch a different game to most. 

I understand, it's just a first for me!

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Yes - hence why we switched to 3 CBs and a low block for 20 minutes against Cardiff at Ewood - and do so quite often. 

We clung onto the win against a relegation threatened side because we don't score enough goals. 

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Dortmund will pay €20m for that apparently 

He shouldn't be playing over Wharton at this point - at the bare minimum it should be Buckley and Garrett for the next game. 

He doesn't contribute anything to the team and gives the ball away far too easily. 

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

False position when you look at the xG. Let's not forget we're missing a few players. If that team is played every week we're down at the bottom of the league. Criminal that obvious limitations in the squad weren't addressed 18 months ago, then 12 months ago, then 6 months ago.

• Like 1